collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 279964 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #2580 on: November 14, 2023, 09:29:25 PM »
So what if... (apologies for the rough & ready look):

I like the bottom middle one, but I don’t understand the obsession with having “1874” on the badge. I’d much rather our club motto “Prepared” underneath.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #2581 on: November 15, 2023, 09:08:18 AM »
Although found a twitter link with it on...

https://twitter.com/AV_B_ZA1DI/status/1723794157699784931

I like that, would be better without the star but otherwise it's everything I'm hoping for.
I could get behind that. In blue on the shirt, mind. And I don't really see why the lion isn't facing left.

I would guess it is going to be yellow on the home shirt. Will stand out on the claret & tbh, if the main lion that everything is based around is yellow, then there will be less to change around the stadium like the stained glass window, etc.

I don't imagine the shape changing either, other than its direction, because it is already all around the stadium, training ground, etc in that design.

So it will cost less to update.

Just my thoughts though. Not heard anything concrete...

I like the bottom middle one, but I don’t understand the obsession with having “1874” on the badge. I’d much rather our club motto “Prepared” underneath.

I imagine it will have 1874-2024 for next season.

Maybe they will remove it the year after?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2582 on: November 15, 2023, 10:08:38 AM »
Prefer something understated like this:

Partridge" border="0

For that added touch of class.

Offline stevo_st

• GM : 27.07.21
« Reply #2583 on: November 15, 2023, 11:29:30 AM »

I just hope they rotate the lion so it's on the attack, rather than looking like it's about to topple over backwards

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2584 on: November 15, 2023, 11:35:37 AM »

Me too, especially as it's never been more accurate.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2585 on: November 15, 2023, 11:39:09 AM »
I like having the 1874 in there somewhere, it demonstrates longevity, history and stability without shouting about it. Not arsed about having 'prepared' on it at all.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2586 on: November 15, 2023, 11:43:39 AM »
I like having the 1874 in there somewhere, it demonstrates longevity, history and stability without shouting about it. Not arsed about having 'prepared' on it at all.

Agree completely. It's always been a naff motto, whereas being the oldest big team is something to be proud of.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #2587 on: November 15, 2023, 11:51:00 AM »
Prepared was one of the unique things about us. The club want something unique, why get rid of that and bring in the foundation year as if plenty of clubs don't already have that now?

The star will be lopsided and shit. As long as it's there whatever we get is an embarrassment. We're not Huddersfield we're Aston Villa and it's about time we acted like it.

Offline pablo_picasso

« Reply #2588 on: November 15, 2023, 12:03:27 PM »
I wonder if we will use the Lerner lion silhouette, or that more modern streamlined one?

I hope its the streamlined one...

The Lerner silhouette might be the option though, because that would have less to change, like on the stained glass or the mosaic, at the training ground, etc...

If Im not mistaken, that one seems to be the one that has been appearing on social media stuff this season too, although I could be mistaken...

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #2589 on: November 15, 2023, 12:05:02 PM »
I would guess it is going to be yellow on the home shirt. Will stand out on the claret & tbh, if the main lion that everything is based around is yellow, then there will be less to change around the stadium like the stained glass window, etc.
The lion being yellow is the thing I like least about the Lerner badge! At least on both the old round badge and the current "arseways lion" badge, the yellow's just for the lettering and the piping arond the circles. And I don't even think that's really necessary. We have the classiest colours of any team, they're surely all we need?

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #2590 on: November 15, 2023, 12:12:56 PM »
There are two lerner lions though - one with claws and one without.

Offline pablo_picasso

« Reply #2591 on: November 15, 2023, 12:15:15 PM »
The lion being yellow is the thing I like least about the Lerner badge! At least on both the old round badge and the current "arseways lion" badge, the yellow's just for the lettering and the piping arond the circles. And I don't even think that's really necessary. We have the classiest colours of any team, they're surely all we need?

Tbh, the only place yellow looks decent is on the claret due to the stark contrast.

Both are quite rich colours too, so compliment each other well..

Its not my personal preference, but from a design perspective, I understand its reasoning.

On Lerners MS Word jobby, its on light blue so is completely washed away & looks proper shit.

I like the circle badge, albeit there are things I would change, & have done earlier in the thread, but I still like what we currently have with the circle, however, I don't mind the blue streamlined lion as an alternative & would accept that as an alternative quite happily.

Although that would depend entirely which lion shape they use...

There are two lerner lions though - one with claws and one without.

The one I am thinking about has claws.

The drawing of it with all the flowing hair & muscle definition, etc, is lovely.

If we had that, I would be very happy.

However, the detailing on it would probably cause problems & expense to replicate whether thats on the shirt, for merchandise, or as a standalone digital piece when scaled down.

But as a silhouette, it looks a bit naff...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 12:18:54 PM by pablo_picasso »

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #2592 on: November 15, 2023, 12:20:25 PM »
I don't mind the blue streamlined lion as an alternative & would accept that as an alternative quite happily.
Agreed! If it says "Aston Villa" over or under it.

Although that would depend entirely which lion shape they use...
Also agreed!

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2593 on: November 15, 2023, 12:28:31 PM »
I don't want a 'streamlined' lion.  I want a fierce bastard.

Online jon collett

« Reply #2594 on: November 15, 2023, 12:32:26 PM »
Prepared was one of the unique things about us. The club want something unique, why get rid of that and bring in the foundation year as if plenty of clubs don't already have that now?

The star will be lopsided and shit. As long as it's there whatever we get is an embarrassment. We're not Huddersfield we're Aston Villa and it's about time we acted like it.

Spot on! Simply - "Prepared" is part of our crest. 1874 isn't!

The simplest and best solution is to replicate the gable which adorned the Trinity Road for so long given that is the definite and best Villa crest!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal