collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 279801 times)

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #2370 on: October 11, 2023, 02:51:16 PM »
is there any point in saying that the gas lamp story is almost certainly as fictitious as George Ramsay - manager?

Then someone with historical knowledge should advise them before they make a terrible mistake. Get it wrong once then fine, it can be rectified, get wrong a 2nd time and we will be a laughing stock

They don't listen. The tours are apparently full of fiction but as PWS said, no-one seems to care.

At least it's not like the actual date we were formed which is a new invention. The gas lamp thing at least has been around since well before I was born.

The gas lamp thing is at least feasible. "Take you, your new found friends and your football talk somewhere else, I need the light in this room now to do me darning"

"Come on lads, we'll get no peace with her in this mood, we'll discuss this on the corner of the street where there's light"

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #2371 on: October 11, 2023, 10:23:03 PM »
It had better not be the fookin gas light bollicks. If it is a crest it needs to be the 1950s one, otherwise I riot.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2372 on: October 12, 2023, 12:12:06 AM »
What do they expect me to reply to "Is the shape important?"

"No, it is not. Do what you want. Why not have a cock and balls with 'Prepared' and stars shooting out of the bellend?" Tsk!

We had some fresh concrete laid at work recently, and somebody drew a cock and balls on it before it set. When they had him in for his disciplinary for defacing company property, he said it was a rocket ship. They still sacked him, but it was a good try.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #2373 on: October 13, 2023, 06:53:02 PM »
Looks like we’re stuck with the star then!

The rest of the initial results not so bad.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2374 on: October 13, 2023, 07:28:01 PM »

Fake news if you ask me, it will be what they want. Probably rightly so - unless it’s a Lerner special.
Just get some competent people to design it.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2375 on: October 13, 2023, 07:28:33 PM »
What do they expect me to reply to "Is the shape important?"

"No, it is not. Do what you want. Why not have a cock and balls with 'Prepared' and stars shooting out of the bellend?" Tsk!

We had some fresh concrete laid at work recently, and somebody drew a cock and balls on it before it set. When they had him in for his disciplinary for defacing company property, he said it was a rocket ship. They still sacked him, but it was a good try.

Ha ha that’s a brilliant story

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #2376 on: October 13, 2023, 07:36:13 PM »

Fake news if you ask me, it will be what they want. Probably rightly so - unless it’s a Lerner special.
Just get some competent people to design it.

Just had an email where Heck feeds back that 85% have asked to keep it. I think that’s pretty conclusive and if they didn’t want to go with that, they wouldn’t have told us that number.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2377 on: October 13, 2023, 07:36:16 PM »

Villans,

I am absolutely thrilled at the uptake of the recent fan consultation, with 16,000 Season Ticket Holders, Members and those on the Waiting List taking the opportunity to contribute their views via the Crest Survey. This is one of the largest responses in club history, and such a huge turnout has naturally provided us with a wealth of insights as we move forward with this important piece of work. 

In terms of next steps, we will now undertake a detailed review of the combined outputs from the 2022 consultation, alongside this refreshed perspective from 2023. Once this analysis is complete, we will work to incorporate fan feedback, as best as we can, along with the views of wider club stakeholders, before sharing our new club crest later this season. This reveal will form part of a wider refresh of the club’s brand and kit, on which we are currently focussing a great deal of our time, so that the club is ready to go to the next level in our 150th anniversary season in 2024/25.

As a club we are keen to ensure that our fans feel part of this re-design process, therefore I have taken the decision to share with you the summary of the results of the recent survey:

16,000 validated surveys...
Supporters across our global base of Season Ticket Holders, Members and those on the Waiting List

Visually striking and recognisable...
60% believe that whilst the new crest should be claret and blue, it should also be visually striking and recognisable

How the shield design reflects our history...
52% of you strongly agreed or agreed that the shield shape design best reflects our heritage, with 20% holding a neutral point of view

Building a picture of our heritage...
68% felt that it is most important for the crest to build a picture of our heritage as a traditional club

Our name represented...
A combined 81% of you would like to see the name represented as either Aston Villa FC or Aston Villa

Lion facing left...
As for the Rampant Lion, 47% would like to see it facing to the left and 30% open to either direction

1874, a year to remember...
73% agree that 1874 should be included in the crest design

1982 European Cup celebration...
An overwhelming 85% would like to ensure we incorporate our 1982 European Cup star into the design

Furthermore, I am delighted to share that we have selected the five winners of our prize draw, each of whom will be contacted separately in order to receive their signed home shirt.

Last but not least, I would like to thank all of you who took the time to share your valuable opinions with us, and I am looking forward to the next chapter of this historic club as we kick off our 150th anniversary celebration.

UTV!
Chris Heck's signature   
Chris Heck
President of Business Operations

85% of you are idiots.

Offline Chris Stares

« Reply #2378 on: October 13, 2023, 08:04:32 PM »
85% of you are idiots.

Yup - small-time idiots.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #2379 on: October 13, 2023, 08:07:18 PM »
Fuck off.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2380 on: October 13, 2023, 08:09:10 PM »
Nev’s not best pleased

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #2381 on: October 13, 2023, 08:10:42 PM »
By the sound of things…

Shield
Star
Aston Villa
Lion - two heads
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 08:18:27 PM by London Villan »

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2382 on: October 13, 2023, 08:12:40 PM »
How the shield design reflects our history...
52% of you strongly agreed or agreed that the shield shape design best reflects our heritage, with 20% holding a neutral point of view

What percentage agreed that the round badge design reflects our history/heritage?

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #2383 on: October 13, 2023, 08:16:23 PM »
Nev’s not best pleased

Dead right. Our opinion didn't count when this ****** walked in and decided he didn't like what he saw, why would it now?

They can do what they like but I don't appreciate being patronised, treated with contempt and lied to.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2384 on: October 13, 2023, 08:19:12 PM »
Shield
Star
Aston Villa
Lion - two heads

Visually striking suggests colourful hippos juggling a star

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal