collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 279799 times)

Offline Rodders

• GM : 30.08.2024
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #2220 on: September 27, 2023, 10:06:15 AM »
Edit

Offline Rodders

« Reply #2221 on: September 27, 2023, 10:07:00 AM »
Paddy's hoping for the return of Doggerland.

If I were, ooh, I don't know, a balding middle aged man and had an attractive wife, the return of Doggerland is the last thing I'd be wishing for.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2222 on: September 27, 2023, 10:16:43 AM »
The simple lion that was on Emery's blazer is great. I hope this rigged consultation gives us that outcome.

The fact we didn't consider it would cost £12m to rebrand is a bit amateur hour and probably shows why we've been lagging behind and also why Heck is here.

It's pretty much what I've wanted since they announced they were reviewing it, much better.
Same.  No star though, although I see it's still very popular with a lot of people on twitter.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2223 on: September 27, 2023, 10:29:42 AM »
We're only here because of climate change.

That asteroid sample that we got a week ago will help define why we're here.  Besides, the big asteroid that smacked into the Yucatán Peninsula is what currently defines why we're here.

Any pictures of the new badge design?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2224 on: September 27, 2023, 11:10:54 AM »
We're only here because of climate change.

That asteroid sample that we got a week ago will help define why we're here.  Besides, the big asteroid that smacked into the Yucatán Peninsula is what currently defines why we're here.

Any pictures of the new badge design?

Risso is in discussions with them as we speak.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2225 on: September 27, 2023, 12:19:01 PM »

If I were, ooh, I don't know, a balding middle aged man and had an attractive wife, the return of Doggerland is the last thing I'd be wishing for.

The last thing I need is a return to Doggerland. I can't afford the tablets.

Is nobody going to challenge the fat ****** that wrote the original, offending, post?

Offline Rodders

« Reply #2226 on: September 27, 2023, 12:27:43 PM »

Is nobody going to challenge the fat ****** that wrote the original, offending, post?

More wokery. Tch. How can you challenge FACT? .

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2227 on: September 27, 2023, 12:27:47 PM »
The simple lion that was on Emery's blazer is great. I hope this rigged consultation gives us that outcome.

The fact we didn't consider it would cost £12m to rebrand is a bit amateur hour and probably shows why we've been lagging behind and also why Heck is here.

I think it’s being subliminally introduced gradually as the official badge. The standalone lion is a strong option. I imagine others will be 1874, Aston Villa or AVFC underneath in the consultation process. I’m sure they will circle the lion as an option also. But my guess Heck wants to go down the simple as possible design route.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 12:29:36 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2228 on: September 27, 2023, 12:33:32 PM »

I'm depressed, but you are of course correct. Ginger misogynists run the world now. The rest of us are bagetelles.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #2229 on: September 27, 2023, 12:38:43 PM »
The problem with just a lion is that it's so generic. At the last count, there were 6 or 7 clubs in England that use a lion, let alone Scotland, Netherlands etc etc

"Aston Villa" needs to be incorporated somehow - and it will be part of a collection of related visual assets - that work in isolation or in different combinations.

The problem with the new badge is that it's a standalone element and can't be broken down very easily.

The practical cost is a consideration too. From stand signage, to the digital presence and then all the practical day to day stuff - easily a few million (if done thoroughly.)

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #2230 on: September 27, 2023, 12:52:00 PM »
The problem with just a lion is that it's so generic. At the last count, there were 6 or 7 clubs in England that use a lion, let alone Scotland, Netherlands etc etc

"Aston Villa" needs to be incorporated somehow - and it will be part of a collection of related visual assets - that work in isolation or in different combinations.

The problem with the new badge is that it's a standalone element and can't be broken down very easily.

The practical cost is a consideration too. From stand signage, to the digital presence and then all the practical day to day stuff - easily a few million (if done thoroughly.)

The current circular crest? Why cant it be broken down easily?

They already broke it down to the standalone lion in the mock ups they made when it was announced.

I think they mocked it up on the side of Villa Park as a standalone lion & I think on labels, back of the shirt, etc.

Having the options as part of one brand experience gives a lot more scope for merchandising for those that like the circular crest, along with those that want the standalone lion.

As well as for those that don't give a shit either way...

Offline Rodders

« Reply #2231 on: September 27, 2023, 01:00:58 PM »

I'm depressed, but you are of course correct. Ginger misogynists run the world now. The rest of us are bagetelles.

Or in my household ginger misandrists. All too true.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #2232 on: September 27, 2023, 01:06:32 PM »
But that's not what happened, we are using the lion from the lerner badge as the stand-alone one that seems to be appearing everywhere.

The curved set-up of Aston Villa can't be used on its own either.

I'd expect us to create something closer to the Premier League branding - which is chopped and changed in lots of different ways, but is all visually complementary with a clear relationship.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #2233 on: September 27, 2023, 01:08:18 PM »
The more I look at the current badges, the more I don't like the lions. The one on the new badge is facing the wrong way - I don't care what anyone says - while the main problem with the Lerner focus-group badge is that it's yellow!
If we can't have this one:

What about:

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2234 on: September 27, 2023, 01:34:47 PM »

The current circular crest? Why cant it be broken down easily?

They already broke it down to the standalone lion in the mock ups they made when it was announced.

I think they mocked it up on the side of Villa Park as a standalone lion & I think on labels, back of the shirt, etc.

Having the options as part of one brand experience gives a lot more scope for merchandising for those that like the circular crest, along with those that want the standalone lion.

As well as for those that don't give a shit either way...

I think the problem is more that there were some mock-ups, etc but nothing was really planned about how to use the elements from the round badge. To have a proper joined up strategy you need to go into it with that as part of the design and I don't think they did that which is why Heck put it on pause.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal