collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 279876 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Crest Review
« Reply #1935 on: July 17, 2023, 12:08:06 PM »
But facing the other way....
Voilà !

That was the badge I wanted.  But then I'm a middle aged bloke so accept the design isn't really about what I like.

It's very good but a little bit too fussy for me, very close to what I was hoping for though, with just Aston Villa underneath, no motto, no dates, no fucking star.

1874 and the star can go on the collar area on the back of the shirt.  I agree that the lion is a bit too fussy and would prefer a design like the one in the badge below:

« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 12:12:48 PM by tomd2103 »

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #1936 on: July 17, 2023, 01:11:15 PM »
Maybe not as he's about to bite a banana, though.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1937 on: July 17, 2023, 01:25:21 PM »
I'm concerned that several media outlets are still using old badge .
This is poor and needs addressing.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1938 on: July 17, 2023, 01:35:31 PM »

Mate, that's exactly what the club have said is going to happen, ie using the old badge on the club website and in the media etc, while they see what the reaction is to the new badge in the coming year. It's why people are a bit annoyed with it. Heck has clearly come in and decided he doesn't like what Purslow delivered so we've got a year of being in limbo while it's looked at.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1939 on: July 17, 2023, 02:18:29 PM »
The challenge is styling it so it can be nobody but us. Look at the Premier League logo,

It's very effective, nearly always makes me want to hum the "Circle of Life".

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #1940 on: July 17, 2023, 03:13:40 PM »

It's absolutely terrible and embarrassing . Typical Villa , they can't do anything right off the field. Thank god for Unai who's saved us on it

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1941 on: July 17, 2023, 03:39:06 PM »

It's absolutely terrible and embarrassing . Typical Villa , they can't do anything right off the field. Thank god for Unai who's saved us on it
It's not really is it?  We're reviewing what many think isn't a very good choice before spending millions on implementing it.  It would be more embarrassing to spend a fortune on a badge launch and then having to change it again in the next few seasons if the commercial Director doesn't believe it's fit for purpose.  And the vote is irrelevant when it's constructed to only have one possible outcome.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #1942 on: July 17, 2023, 03:49:16 PM »
We had a VOTE on the CLUB CREST . Two options , I can't stand Brexit but that's what the thickos of this land wanted, not much I can do about it.  The same should be applied with the crest it was overwhelmingly chosen by the supporters, the result should stand

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1943 on: July 17, 2023, 03:50:45 PM »

Absolute fucking nonsense. Have you been to Villa Park? How magnificent it is and how well it’s been kept up however bad our finances had been or performances were. Have you listened, seen or read how others perceive us as a club? How others speak of our history and our place in the game? You don’t have talk some absolute shit. Our badge issue and kit are the most minor of things in the grand scheme of things that will be fixed. Contracts, commitments, and changes in leadership have put that on hold temporarily. But to call us embarrassing and terrible is so very you, and only you. You really do embody the absolute most negative position about us pretty much all time. Rarely are you around when things go well. But the minute something falls short of your lofty expectations you’re on here in a flash. It’s so fucking tiresome that I genuinely wonder why you even bother.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1944 on: July 17, 2023, 04:14:00 PM »
We had a VOTE on the CLUB CREST . Two options , I can't stand Brexit but that's what the thickos of this land wanted, not much I can do about it.  The same should be applied with the crest it was overwhelmingly chosen by the supporters, the result should stand

...and then the person who conducted the vote left the club and replacement decided to take a step back, why are you finding this so difficult to understand?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1945 on: July 18, 2023, 10:06:19 AM »

Eh? So because Brexit was voted for by thickos in a shit vote, we should stand by the same system? Does that make us all thickos?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1946 on: July 18, 2023, 10:07:29 AM »
In terms of the ground and bashing etc. If you compare Villa Park to various others of similar history and size, Leeds, Hillsborough, Goodison etc we are miles ahead.

Offline luke95

« Reply #1947 on: July 18, 2023, 10:10:22 AM »
Well if we're going to change the badge again we might as well change the ☆ to a £ after latest ticket price news

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1948 on: July 18, 2023, 10:14:01 AM »
In terms of the ground and bashing etc. If you compare Villa Park to various others of similar history and size, Leeds, Hillsborough, Goodison etc we are miles ahead.

Haven't been to Hillborough for years, but the other two are right shitholes. Service at half time is a lot better at Leeds, mind.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #1949 on: July 18, 2023, 10:20:35 AM »
You can add old trafford to that list 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal