collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:28:51 PM]

Player Discipline, Bookings and Suspension by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:28:43 PM]

Robin Olsen by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:25:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:20:35 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:12:29 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Drummond
[Today at 09:11:32 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:54:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 280035 times)

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #990 on: November 04, 2022, 07:49:30 PM »
Both are an improvement on the current badge, but not overly keen on either simply because the lion is facing the wrong way and looks like it’s having a panic attack trying to swat away a star shaped wasp.

Its better than whatever roadkill Chelsea put on their badge. When you see them all lined up.. Brighton's feckin seagull, lol.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #991 on: November 04, 2022, 07:50:52 PM »
To some extent, they were on a hiding to nothing - crest reviews, like brand reviews, will always divide opinion - how it was done, who was consulted, who did what, how much was paid etc.

For me, the bottom line is that both are an improvement on the monstrosity we have had in recent years, in that they look more timeless and classy. I always wanted to go back to the round design so option 2 gets my vote - but suspect my age has something to do with it (it represents one of our proudest era's and I was a young boy in love with my club) and I am totally open to the idea others think its truly awful.

The other matter is it's not that important - who we are, how we perform, how we behave, and the trophies we win will always be more important than the uniform.   

UTV

Online Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #992 on: November 04, 2022, 07:52:45 PM »
Did a straw poll of the people currently in my house.  4 - 1 on the Gas Light.

The younger the more they like the Gas Light.  Interestingly they see it as an evolution of the current badge.

I really like the contrast / balance between the colours on the round one and calls back to my youth - but I do like the fact the Gas Lamp is different to all the other logos in the premier league

Offline shirley_villan

« Reply #993 on: November 04, 2022, 07:53:03 PM »
I'm just happy to be getting rid of the current monstrosity. Have voted two. Wish they'd have got rid of the star though.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #994 on: November 04, 2022, 07:53:44 PM »
To some extent, they were on a hiding to nothing - crest reviews, like brand reviews, will always divide opinion - how it was done, who was consulted, who did what, how much was paid etc.

For me, the bottom line is that both are an improvement on the monstrosity we have had in recent years, in that they look more timeless and classy. I always wanted to go back to the round design so option 2 gets my vote - but suspect my age has something to do with it (it represents one of our proudest era's and I was a young boy in love with my club) and I am totally open to the idea others think its truly awful.

The other matter is it's not that important - who we are, how we perform, how we behave, and the trophies we win will always be more important than the uniform.   

UTV
Uniform?
The badge is important it says who we are, we had a great badge in the 80s so do that with the lion facing the right way of course.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #995 on: November 04, 2022, 07:57:25 PM »
Poll added.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #996 on: November 04, 2022, 08:00:09 PM »
Am I being cynical or is the lion-facing-the-other-way design more to do with copyright/intellectual property?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #997 on: November 04, 2022, 08:00:38 PM »
Am I being cynical or is the lion-facing-the-other-way design more to do with copyright/intellectual property?

No, it's designer tosserism.

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #998 on: November 04, 2022, 08:00:55 PM »

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #999 on: November 04, 2022, 08:01:50 PM »
With the gaslight one, not sure why they flipped  the colours? The round one looks so much better being a claret lion on a blue background.

Also, the lion is too squashed in (and off centre), and the text looks stuck on as an afterthought. Just had a quick play with it to see if a tweak would change my opinion.... The answer is a resounding no - Still prefer the round one! Gas lamp just doesn't cut it for me

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1000 on: November 04, 2022, 08:03:05 PM »
It does smack of designers saying 'look, we made a noticeable change aren't we great'. A change made by people with zero idea of our history, and let's be honest, for people with no real idea about our history. And I mean the board and owners, not the fans.

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #1001 on: November 04, 2022, 08:04:09 PM »
I'm just happy to be getting rid of the current monstrosity. Have voted two. Wish they'd have got rid of the star though.

Agree, get rid of the star. Was that polled in the forum?

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #1002 on: November 04, 2022, 08:04:37 PM »
Another thing.... What's with the recent trend in rubber crests on kits?! Bring back the embroidered ones!

Offline shirley_villan

« Reply #1003 on: November 04, 2022, 08:06:18 PM »

Agree, get rid of the star. Was that polled in the forum?

I think it said that around 80% wanted to keep it.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #1004 on: November 04, 2022, 08:08:02 PM »
The star was polled and over 70% of fans wanted it on there. This site is in the minority.

I would get rid of it on balance but I understand why people like it. Shouldn't look like a ball that the lion is juggling though.

The lion definitely looks like he is facing the wrong way but I expect we will get used to it pretty quickly. The round one is decent and gets my vote.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal