collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by Villan82
[Today at 09:23:56 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:20:35 PM]

Player Discipline, Bookings and Suspension by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:14:01 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:12:29 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Drummond
[Today at 09:11:32 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:54:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 280029 times)

Online Billy Walker

Re: Crest Review
« Reply #960 on: November 04, 2022, 06:40:44 PM »
I watched the vid a few times now and really like the gas lamp one.  It looks unique and traditional whilst standing out well in the various scenarios, especially the Match of the Day /Sky Sports mock-up next to the Everton badge.  I like the lettering for "Aston Villa" too, straight across the top, no nonsense, nice classy font.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 06:46:03 PM by Billy Walker »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #961 on: November 04, 2022, 06:43:15 PM »
There's actually very little fact backing up the lion facing the wrong way on early shirts. Most of the time descriptions of our early kits  are reliant on maybe one match report in a local paper of either ours or our opponents. I can't help but think it's highly unlikely that a club so influenced by Scots in those early days would have a heraldic lion facing the wrong way.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 07:10:21 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #962 on: November 04, 2022, 06:47:00 PM »
I actually really like both, I'm totally fine with the lion changing direction, I would go for the lantern one for originality's sake but the round one is going to win, and you know what - seeing the round badge on contemporary kits is going to make me feel all warm, so I'm happy.

I’m the same. I really like both and would be especially happy with that first one. I like the lion facing this way, that’s great move.

I agree I’m sure the round one will win though.

Everyone was sure Hillary was going to win...

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #963 on: November 04, 2022, 06:49:03 PM »
I actually really like both, I'm totally fine with the lion changing direction, I would go for the lantern one for originality's sake but the round one is going to win, and you know what - seeing the round badge on contemporary kits is going to make me feel all warm, so I'm happy.

Same here, I'm not sure which way I'll vote tbh. Both look very good and I really like the claret and blue used, plus they've got rid of the insipid yellow that's on the current badge.

We'll soon get used to the lion facing the other way (just like when an email provider changes the layout of your inbox) but I think the round one will look better on a home shirt. The main advantage of the one on the left is that it's different to other (and previous) crests and it'll be easier to fit another star under the S & T when we win the Champions League.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #964 on: November 04, 2022, 07:01:06 PM »
They both looks shite, the reason the lion is the wrong way round is because Jools, Gemma and Josh in the design team had to do something to justify their money, the star is smalltime and the round one will win because we've had years of being told how great it is, just like that abomination of a Luke shirt when it first came out. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 07:02:42 PM by dave.woodhall »

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #965 on: November 04, 2022, 07:01:13 PM »
I think the round one is better than the current one. It'll do I suppose. Still not pleased about that star but it is quite small. Hopefully in future we can just get rid of it.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #966 on: November 04, 2022, 07:02:00 PM »
They both looks shite, the reason the lion is the wrong way round is because Tom and Julian in the design team had to do something to justify their money, the star is smalltime and the round one will win is because we've had years of being told how great it is, just like that abomination of a Luke shirt when it first came out. 

Come on Dave don't sit on the fence

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #967 on: November 04, 2022, 07:06:21 PM »
They both looks shite, the reason the lion is the wrong way round is because Jools, Gemma and Josh in the design team had to do something to justify their money, the star is smalltime and the round one will win because we've had years of being told how great it is, just like that abomination of a Luke shirt when it first came out.
Nothing to add. 100% this.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #968 on: November 04, 2022, 07:06:51 PM »
Why is the Lion going the wrong way.
Over 150 years of history just chucked away.
Fucking idiots.

I’m sure someone would have already mentioned it, but the lion facing left was the original way in 1878-82
I am sure someone has mentioned there is scant evidence of this.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #969 on: November 04, 2022, 07:08:02 PM »
Are Gary, Tracey and Terry no good at design then?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #970 on: November 04, 2022, 07:08:37 PM »
Fucking idiots.

I’m sure someone would have already mentioned it, but the lion facing left was the original way in 1878-82
I am sure someone has mentioned there is scant evidence of this.

We also played in blue and white then.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #971 on: November 04, 2022, 07:08:53 PM »

I’m the same. I really like both and would be especially happy with that first one. I like the lion facing this way, that’s great move.

I agree I’m sure the round one will win though.

Everyone was sure Hillary was going to win...

And remain…

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #972 on: November 04, 2022, 07:11:22 PM »

I liked the Luke shirt  8)

Agree on the star though.

Everyone should have just voted Smirker.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #973 on: November 04, 2022, 07:16:09 PM »
I don't massively like either of them.

However, they're both significantly better than the current bag of shite which I am pretty sure was not the work of anyone with 'designer' in their job title.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #974 on: November 04, 2022, 07:17:42 PM »
Fucking idiots.

This made me laugh.

If you're going to be wrong, it is always good to be catastrophically wrong.

Although I had no idea either. Until I watched the video, obvs

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal