collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 277476 times)

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #1380 on: March 23, 2023, 07:37:55 PM »
Edit - please delete me

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1381 on: March 23, 2023, 07:39:32 PM »

Really like the new badge, but this one was better.
Maybe next time

Yep, I agree, I hope they do use a design like that on some 'fashion' stuff.

On the actual badge I like the lion turning around, but I can understand why people aren't happy about it, I wish the star wasn't there but at least this design stops it looking like a cat toy.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #1382 on: March 23, 2023, 07:41:13 PM »
I think I read somewhere that they will be using the standalone lion sometimes. Wasn't there a picture of it on a wall at Villa Park standalone in the designers guff when it was all explained? Or did I dream that...  ???

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1383 on: March 23, 2023, 11:42:09 PM »
I don't necessarily disagree with the lion as a point of principle, but I do look forward to the day when I can see it without feeling like I'm looking in a mirror.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1384 on: March 23, 2023, 11:55:56 PM »
I don't necessarily disagree with the lion as a point of principle, but I do look forward to the day when I can see it without feeling like I'm looking in a mirror.

Okay Aslan.

Offline Rory

« Reply #1385 on: March 23, 2023, 11:58:21 PM »

Okay Aslan.

Now you're talking (as it were).

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1386 on: March 24, 2023, 01:04:45 AM »
I find it really weird/comforting that there is such depth of opinion on the issue of which way the lion is looking.

Maybe it's because most people are right-handed that it feels uncomfortable. ☺

Offline Rory

« Reply #1387 on: March 24, 2023, 01:16:35 AM »
I find it really weird/comforting that there is such depth of opinion on the issue of which way the lion is looking.

Maybe it's because most people are right-handed that it feels uncomfortable. ☺

For me, I think it's just familiarity. I'm used to it facing left, so the other way just looks weird.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #1388 on: March 24, 2023, 05:07:39 AM »
And here, with more detail on who is who.

Mr Johnstone also won Manspreader of the Year. Mr Jeffries offers a reward for the return of his horse.

Offline Rory

« Reply #1389 on: March 24, 2023, 05:15:47 AM »
And here, with more detail on who is who.

Mr Johnstone also won Manspreader of the Year. Mr Jeffries offers a reward for the return of his horse.

You're not joking. I can smell it from here.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1390 on: March 24, 2023, 07:15:48 AM »

I’ve tried to form an opinion on Liongate but I’m clearly not a serious enough fan because I just can’t find it in myself to care.

Offline MorrisNielson

« Reply #1391 on: March 24, 2023, 09:55:27 AM »
As for the left/right lion, it’s the shock to the system. It’s not something that we associate with. We weren’t consulted about it. No one even prepared the fanbase for this possibility. From memory, the fan survey that we did only mentioned whether the lion needed to look detailed or plain. My understanding of it that the modern way of thinking is that facing right is ‘forward’, thus matching the buttons on your remote control. The heraldic principles, that the badge is based on, go out of the window. Anyway enough chit-chat, I thought I’ll look at examples the lion through time with what is available. Note that some of the 1887 team had the Birmingham Coat of Arms on the shirt. Its only until 1973 that the club consistently used a same lion on shirts, programmes and club correspondence.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1392 on: March 24, 2023, 10:01:06 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks the old lion was facing right and the new one is facing left? I get that people are talking about it as they look at it and I'm talking about it as if it's on my shirt but I still can't look at the old/existing one and consider it as facing left, that feels wrong to me.

That is a tiny little nit-pick and not really any value to the discussion, just something I've found strange.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1393 on: March 24, 2023, 05:16:25 PM »
If it helps, the Fédération Française de Football has had its 'cock' logo dressing both left and right over the years. And Les Bleus have won two world cups and were within the width of Dibu's shinbone of winning a third.

Yeah but they lost. Losers!

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1394 on: March 24, 2023, 05:18:50 PM »
As for the left/right lion, it’s the shock to the system. It’s not something that we associate with. We weren’t consulted about it. No one even prepared the fanbase for this possibility. From memory, the fan survey that we did only mentioned whether the lion needed to look detailed or plain. My understanding of it that the modern way of thinking is that facing right is ‘forward’, thus matching the buttons on your remote control. The heraldic principles, that the badge is based on, go out of the window. Anyway enough chit-chat, I thought I’ll look at examples the lion through time with what is available. Note that some of the 1887 team had the Birmingham Coat of Arms on the shirt. Its only until 1973 that the club consistently used a same lion on shirts, programmes and club correspondence.

Did the fanbase really need to be prepared for it? It's not like it makes a difference to any of our lives.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal