collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Women 2022/23  (Read 101455 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Aston Villa Women 2022/23
« Reply #735 on: March 27, 2023, 07:02:24 AM »
Some great goals there, well done girls!

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #736 on: March 27, 2023, 07:49:39 AM »
I think I agree with Carla Ward there Footy, I'm not sure giving away tickets will do anyone any good in the long run - it effectively devalues the game, particularly when people are willing to pay £5/£10 to watch anyway.

Incidentally, the tickets were dead cheap but there was 9,500-ish at the Wrexham Women Vs Connahs Quay Women game yesterday. It'd been heavily marketed & was a bit of a one-off game as they were presented with the Adran North league title/trophy (Welsh 2nd tier), but still shows I think you can get big attendances without giving tickets away.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #737 on: March 27, 2023, 08:23:09 AM »
Better quality and better results are what will drive attendances. Free tickets are for the likes of Man City trying to fill their bowl.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #738 on: March 27, 2023, 08:38:00 AM »
I think I agree with Carla Ward there Footy, I'm not sure giving away tickets will do anyone any good in the long run - it effectively devalues the game, particularly when people are willing to pay £5/£10 to watch anyway.

Incidentally, the tickets were dead cheap but there was 9,500-ish at the Wrexham Women Vs Connahs Quay Women game yesterday. It'd been heavily marketed & was a bit of a one-off game as they were presented with the Adran North league title/trophy (Welsh 2nd tier), but still shows I think you can get big attendances without giving tickets away.

I agree, Villa are building a sustainable model of Villa fans. The atmosphere is different without the usual fans leading the chanting but it was great to see so many youngsters, some of them quite tiny, so excited to be at Villa Park and see the Villa. To score 5 goals was great as well.   
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 08:42:39 AM by Scratchins »

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #739 on: March 27, 2023, 09:26:09 AM »
It's now down to just 4(four) seats available for next weekend. I've messaged the club to see if there's a possibility of more being made available. Perhaps in the Tile Choice end, where folks have seemed to migrate to anyway? Not too roomy, those Community Stand seats.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #740 on: March 27, 2023, 09:28:28 AM »
It’s £10 Footy, & I think they’ve explained it pretty well there.

I just think the principle in these economic times rather thanbthe cost and that other clubs are doing free tickets. Could have had many from the surrounding area go along.
I understand the strategy, and obviously have a bigger wage bill now Villa have better quality of players.
Anyway just find it disappointing myself as under 7,000 attended and other games have 20,000.

All in all playing wise the women squad are going in the right direction and that's what's most satisfying to be looking to progress.
I'm very much looking forward to the matches versus Chelsea in league and cup.

UTVW!

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #741 on: March 27, 2023, 09:29:04 AM »
Should've checked a post I started typing before the school run was still valid by the time I got back! They've opened another block for Saturday, corner one behind the goal. Marvellous.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #742 on: March 27, 2023, 09:57:44 AM »

I just think the principle in these economic times rather thanbthe cost and that other clubs are doing free tickets. Could have had many from the surrounding area go along.
I understand the strategy, and obviously have a bigger wage bill now Villa have better quality of players.
Anyway just find it disappointing myself as under 7,000 attended and other games have 20,000.

All in all playing wise the women squad are going in the right direction and that's what's most satisfying to be looking to progress.

UTVW!

We had over 1200 more at a game between two sides that are likely to finish the season in exactly the same relatively inglorious positions they were before kick-off than the table-topping clash between man city and chelsea. If you look at attendances in the WSL, ours are very good. Arsenal's look fantastic, an "average" of 19k. But that's bolstered by three games, vs spurs, man utd & chelsea, each in front of over 40k. Their typical home attendance is under 4k. And that's for a team which you yourself described as one of the very best. I'm with Carla and Emma Hayes in believing that giving away free tickets is not the way to go if you're trying to build a solid fan base.

A competitive local rival would help, too. Snigger as much as we like at events in B9, but the dismantling of their very successful women's & girls' set-up was & is undeserved. They remain the last club that weren't named Manchester City, Chelsea or Arsenal to win the FA Cup.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #743 on: March 27, 2023, 10:15:31 AM »

I agree, Villa are building a sustainable model of Villa fans. The atmosphere is different without the usual fans leading the chanting but it was great to see so many youngsters, some of them quite tiny, so excited to be at Villa Park and see the Villa. To score 5 goals was great as well.

This is what it's all about, that thing about how if you can't see it, how can you hope to become it. Near as damn it every one of us on here will have dreamed as a youngster of growing up and playing on that pitch in claret and blue, but many were denied that dream irrespective of how talented or dedicated they were, but solely on what they hadn't got stashed in their slacks. The more I contemplate that position, the more f***ing ridiculous it seems.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #744 on: March 27, 2023, 10:28:31 AM »

UTVW!

We had over 1200 more at a game between two sides that are likely to finish the season in exactly the same relatively inglorious positions they were before kick-off than the table-topping clash between man city and chelsea. If you look at attendances in the WSL, ours are very good. Arsenal's look fantastic, an "average" of 19k. But that's bolstered by three games, vs spurs, man utd & chelsea, each in front of over 40k. Their typical home attendance is under 4k. And that's for a team which you yourself described as one of the very best. I'm with Carla and Emma Hayes in believing that giving away free tickets is not the way to go if you're trying to build a solid fan base.

A competitive local rival would help, too. Snigger as much as we like at events in B9, but the dismantling of their very successful women's & girls' set-up was & is undeserved. They remain the last club that weren't named Manchester City, Chelsea or Arsenal to win the FA Cup.
However, with the demise of Birmingham as a competitive local rival, Aston Villa football club will be the place for all talent in the area, and rightfully so. Ward is aware of the situation and has come here. The Inter City Academy will also help us, so being the primary women's football club in the Midlands will essentially strengthen us.

To compete for the top spots, we'll eventually bring in a more experienced high-end coach.
Can only see a continued rise to fame.

It's even more exciting than the men's, but the entire Club is on the rise, and we can all relax as it were with little worry and enjoy the football and the hope for the remainder of this season and be super optimistic next season for the continued progress.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #745 on: March 27, 2023, 01:06:58 PM »

This is what it's all about, that thing about how if you can't see it, how can you hope to become it. Near as damn it every one of us on here will have dreamed as a youngster of growing up and playing on that pitch in claret and blue, but many were denied that dream irrespective of how talented or dedicated they were, but solely on what they hadn't got stashed in their slacks. The more I contemplate that position, the more f***ing ridiculous it seems.

To be fair, I did still dream, & it wasn’t any more unrealistic than most of the lads who dreamt it really. It would play out in my head about how many barriers there’d be to overcome, and that all the fans would be up in arms about it, but change their mind when they saw how incredibly skilful fast and brave I was!
Apart from being a girl, I was also shit at football, but a dreams a dream!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #746 on: March 27, 2023, 01:16:21 PM »
We used to say Villa should give tickets away for matches. Now it's for women's matches. That's progress.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #747 on: March 27, 2023, 01:20:37 PM »
I know, amfy, there's always that!

But I'll never forget, and I bet I'm not alone in witnessing the suchlike, I once gave a mate a lift to pick his son up from football (I'm loathe to use the word 'training', he was only about 5) where there was one kid head and shoulders above all the others in terms of ability and desire to play. I hope she managed to keep playing.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #748 on: March 27, 2023, 01:32:47 PM »
I know, amfy, there's always that!

But I'll never forget, and I bet I'm not alone in witnessing the suchlike, I once gave a mate a lift to pick his son up from football (I'm loathe to use the word 'training', he was only about 5) where there was one kid head and shoulders above all the others in terms of ability and desire to play. I hope she managed to keep playing.

It was incredible last year to see the journey of Ellen White from a 10 year old girl who wasn’t allowed to play with her team anymore to an England international Euros winner! In front of a full Wembley. What a journey!
There are one or two girls in all the kids teams now. One in my 9 year old grandsons team is often player of the match & is as good as any of them. One in my 5 year old grandsons team is tiny and scared of the ball, so I reckon that’s a dad who’s now decided that not having a son is now no barrier to his offspring fulfilling his dreams!

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #749 on: March 27, 2023, 01:44:33 PM »
Surely the reason to pin a thread isn’t because it’s more or less popular than other threads, but rather that it is an ongoing thread that people will continue to return to over time. It seems entirely appropriate that the Women’s thread is pinned. The matchday traffic might not be massive at the moment, but it will definitely continue over the course of the season.

The purpose of pinning a thread is if it's something important that doesn't generate traffic. So the pin is to keep it in place and stop it sliding off the front page.

So the more interest something generates, the less need there is for it to be pinned because the discussion organically keeps it in place. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal