collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Women 2022/23  (Read 103589 times)

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa Women 2022/23
« Reply #300 on: October 26, 2022, 08:30:01 PM »
1-1 after ninety minutes in the League Cup at Everton. It's going to penalties for the extra point

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #301 on: October 26, 2022, 08:38:15 PM »
Lost the shootout 4-2.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #302 on: October 26, 2022, 09:54:13 PM »
Still, decent chance of going through if we beat Durham and Sheffield United, the two weakest teams in the group, as Man United lost on penalties to Durham.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #303 on: October 30, 2022, 03:01:10 PM »
1-1 half time v Chelsea

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #304 on: October 30, 2022, 03:16:37 PM »
2-1 Chelsea

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #305 on: October 30, 2022, 03:49:33 PM »
3-1

Offline FatSam

« Reply #306 on: October 31, 2022, 04:20:14 PM »
From The Guardian

Euros winner Hannah Hampton dropped by England over attitude

- Euros winner Hannah Hampton dropped by England over attitude
- Goalkeeper unlikely to play again under Sarina Wiegman

Exclusive by Suzanne Wrack

Hannah Hampton, a member of England’s victorious Euro 2022 squad, has been dropped by Sarina Wiegman because of her behaviour and attitude at the team’s camps, the Guardian understands.

The 21-year-old Aston Villa goalkeeper has not been called up by Wiegman since the Euros, where she deputised alongside Ellie Roebuck for Mary Earps, and is unlikely to be selected again under this England manager.

Hampton has not played for Villa since 25 September and was left out of the squad for Sunday’s defeat at Chelsea. She watched from the stands even though the manager, Carla Ward, has said Hampton was told to stay at home.

Multiple sources have told the Guardian that Hampton has caused problems with her behaviour and attitude in England age-group teams and at club level. The Football Association, Villa and Hampton’s representatives declined to comment.

Before England’s World Cup qualifiers against Austria and Luxembourg in September, Wiegman said Hampton was absent because “she has some personal issues that she has to solve so for her at this moment it’s better for her to stay at her club”. Hampton was also omitted for October’s friendlies against the USA and the Czech Republic and will not be included in the squad Wiegman names on Tuesday for games in November against Japan and Norway in Spain.

Hampton started the first two games of this season for Villa, the club she joined from Birmingham in July 2021, and then had a spell out because of an unspecified injury. Ward said Hampton was fit to play against Chelsea and that she omitted her “in the best interests of the team”.

Hampton travelled to Kingsmeadow and posted a photo from the stands with the caption “let’s go team” and “utv” (Up the Villa). Ward said after the match: “Hannah was available. Something happened yesterday, and we decided it was in the best interests of the team for her to stay at home so I did exactly that. That’s all I really want to say on the matter.

“I made the decision in the best interests of the team to leave her home and I left her home. I would probably prefer to talk about the 11 who were here.”

Hampton received a first senior international call in February 2020 for the SheBelieves Cup, when Phil Neville was the manager. She made her senior England debut on 20 February this year, starting a 0-0 draw with Spain in the Arnold Clark Cup, the friendly tournament organised to help prepare the Lionesses for the Euros.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #307 on: October 31, 2022, 04:29:40 PM »
That doesn't sound good.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #308 on: October 31, 2022, 07:21:31 PM »
I wouldn't believe a word that I read in the Guardian.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #309 on: October 31, 2022, 07:22:57 PM »

It's in every other media outlet as well, take your pick. Apparently she was told not to go to the game and went anyway. To be sidelined by both Villa and England sounds like something's seriously wrong.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #310 on: October 31, 2022, 08:38:48 PM »

It's in every other media outlet as well, take your pick. Apparently she was told not to go to the game and went anyway. To be sidelined by both Villa and England sounds like something's seriously wrong.
...but Suzy Wrack of The Guardian led with the story early this morning, Martin, and other media have simply picked up on the story (with no additional information) and, in some cases such as the Daily Mail (no surprise!), have printed erroneous headlines, although I notice that newspaper has since partially corrected the headline. Effectively, Hannah was 'dropped' when the squad was announced for the final two World Cup qualifying games against Austria and Luxembourg and did not feature in the squad for the subsequent friendlies against USA and Czechia. The squad for the November friendlies against Japan and Norway has not yet been announced so the timing of headlines, this morning, screaming that she had been 'DROPPED' (by England) is very suspect.

I believe that the words of Carla Ward have been twisted to suit an (MSM) agenda. Hannah travelled to Chelsea on her own and sat unobtrusively in the Chelsea section, although she was recognised in the crowd by fans of both teams. She posted an Instagram photograph/message that was supportive of her team but, interestingly, this has subsequently been deleted.

I hope that she is given time and space to resolve any issues which she has; clearly there is no smoke without fire but I do worry for her well-being after the intensive speculation over the past few weeks, which has come to a head today.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #311 on: October 31, 2022, 08:40:22 PM »
I doubt the MSM are sufficiently arsed about Villa Women to invent a conspiracy theory about them.

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #312 on: November 01, 2022, 07:43:12 AM »

...but Suzy Wrack of The Guardian led with the story early this morning, Martin, and other media have simply picked up on the story (with no additional information) and, in some cases such as the Daily Mail (no surprise!), have printed erroneous headlines, although I notice that newspaper has since partially corrected the headline. Effectively, Hannah was 'dropped' when the squad was announced for the final two World Cup qualifying games against Austria and Luxembourg and did not feature in the squad for the subsequent friendlies against USA and Czechia. The squad for the November friendlies against Japan and Norway has not yet been announced so the timing of headlines, this morning, screaming that she had been 'DROPPED' (by England) is very suspect.

I believe that the words of Carla Ward have been twisted to suit an (MSM) agenda. Hannah travelled to Chelsea on her own and sat unobtrusively in the Chelsea section, although she was recognised in the crowd by fans of both teams. She posted an Instagram photograph/message that was supportive of her team but, interestingly, this has subsequently been deleted.

I hope that she is given time and space to resolve any issues which she has; clearly there is no smoke without fire but I do worry for her well-being after the intensive speculation over the past few weeks, which has come to a head today.

Really strange for Guardian to be running with this story, to be dropped by both Villa and England is most unusual. Obviously fuels ridiculous speculation about what she has done.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #313 on: November 01, 2022, 08:04:36 AM »
The use of the anacronym 'MSM' is a major red flag for me, and makes me more likely to believe the view of those labelled by it

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #314 on: November 01, 2022, 12:19:42 PM »
The use of the anacronym 'MSM' is a major red flag for me, and makes me more likely to believe the view of those labelled by it

I thought the term now was #scummedia ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal