collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: My worst match  (Read 13880 times)

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

Re: My worst match
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2022, 12:42:15 PM »
1998/99 Season: Villa 1 Coventry 4

Incredible start to the season, I think we were top or second at Christmas.  Then we got knocked out the FA Cup by Fulham (another one for the shortlist), and then embarked on a dismal run where we didn't win for 11 games (basically the whole of February and March).

This was the grimmest, and the worst I've ever felt coming out of a game.  We've had worse losses before and since, but I was still relatively young and optimistic about Villa then, and it completely destroyed the last vestiges of hope that we would challenge that season.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2022, 12:43:34 PM »
1998/99 Season: Villa 1 Coventry 4

Incredible start to the season, I think we were top or second at Christmas.  Then we got knocked out the FA Cup by Fulham (another one for the shortlist), and then embarked on a dismal run where we didn't win for 11 games (basically the whole of February and March).

This was the grimmest, and the worst I've ever felt coming out of a game.  We've had worse losses before and since, but I was still relatively young and optimistic about Villa then, and it completely destroyed the last vestiges of hope that we would challenge that season.

We made George Boeteng look like Ruud Gullit that day

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2022, 01:29:06 PM »
West Ham away FACup and Ken Mcnaught inexplicably handling the ball with about a minute to go.
It was our year for the cup that year.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2022, 01:36:19 PM »
8-0 at Chelsea. Was with Chico and Pat I think. £50 for a ticket and I was a poor student at the time. We left at 5-0 and it was 8-0 by the time we got back to the pub at Parsons Green. I was on here furiously posting that I wanted a refund haha.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2022, 01:38:58 PM »
3-0 loss to Chelsea in the FA Cup Semi. Froze on the Occasion, Terry should've been sent off, Pro/Anti O'Neill fans fighting outside the stadium. Horrible day.

Offline wince

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2022, 05:30:04 PM »
1-4 drubbing from stoke in 2014. Pissed off and was one of last in the upper Holte. No real memories of the match other than it being stokes first away win since the August.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2022, 05:38:50 PM »
8-0 at Chelsea. Was with Chico and Pat I think. £50 for a ticket and I was a poor student at the time. We left at 5-0 and it was 8-0 by the time we got back to the pub at Parsons Green. I was on here furiously posting that I wanted a refund haha.

Watched that in a pub in Shanghai (The Camel-Pat knows it well!)

Got thrown out as I threw an ice cube at a racist Chelsea fan who charmingly called Benteke the n word. At first I politely pointed out that he was out of line. He replied that I 'wasn't in England anymore' and to 'sue him'. So I pelted him with ice cubes until he complained to staff.

Funnily enough I saw him in another pub about half a year later, and a few mates and I decided to throw ice cubes at him again. Until he left.

Childish, but highly satisfying.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2022, 05:43:35 PM »
Ice cubes are racist kryptonite? Who knew?

Offline ventnorVillain

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2022, 05:50:16 PM »
Toss up between home V. Southampton circa 1985. 0-0 cold, wet and attendance of 12,000. My dad said to me "Christ, Paul what ARE we doing here?". Away v. Blues 28th December 1982, my 21st birthday. We lost 3-0. Noel Blake scored for Blues in front of the Villa fans and gave us all the wanker sign (as did that little runt Hopkins, I think). Happy days. Not!

Offline wince

« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2022, 05:58:56 PM »

Got thrown out as I threw an ice cube at a racist Chelsea fan who charmingly called Benteke the n word. At first I politely pointed out that he was out of line. He replied that I 'wasn't in England anymore' and to 'sue him'. So I pelted him with ice cubes until he complained to staff.

Funnily enough I saw him in another pub about half a year later, and a few mates and I decided to throw ice cubes at him again. Until he left.

I was in the masons arms in Solihull on the piss on my own (and smoking a pipe of cherry vanilla) with pub full of plastics and noses. Fucked off to the bar at 4 nil and when it got to 7 nil pissed off to ONeills then to tje slug and lettuce where I was kicked out for wearing jeans. Then saw the first Hobbit film for the third time and devoured an entire large bag of popcorn before daring to find out the score. We were gash back then

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2022, 06:38:47 PM »
[/quot

I was in the masons arms in Solihull on the piss on my own (and smoking a pipe of cherry vanilla) with pub full of plastics and noses. Fucked off to the bar at 4 nil and when it got to 7 nil pissed off to ONeills then to tje slug and lettuce where I was kicked out for wearing jeans. Then saw the first Hobbit film for the third time and devoured an entire large bag of popcorn before daring to find out the score. We were gash back then

Thats a hell of a night out

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2022, 08:38:39 PM »

You still owe me a few pints

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2022, 09:33:32 PM »
Third Round FA Cup 1964 0-0 v Aldershot.  We were truly awful and I think Hateley missed a penalty.  Lost the replay 2-1.  I would have been 12 years old and that game set the tone for a long long time.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2022, 09:46:37 PM »

You still owe me a few pints

I definitely do. I'll get to a London fixture next season mate, will be good to catch up!

Remember the Arsenal match where we won and Doug went past in his Rolls? Good times man.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2022, 02:06:11 AM »
Ice cubes are racist kryptonite? Who knew?

Ha!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal