collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread.  (Read 24939 times)

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
Re: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread.
« Reply #240 on: May 23, 2022, 01:18:10 AM »
What a surprise .Oliver the most over rated referee in the Premier gave Villa nothing in the game as seems to have been the case ever since he failed to Award Sheffield United that goal a couple of seasons .He never even played the full amount of stoppage time today

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #241 on: May 23, 2022, 01:29:23 AM »
Can't help but remember when we were 4-0 up at Spurs on their birthday and managed to fuck that up. I don't believe it's any sort of hoodoo, curse or DNA issue for us, it's just we've been average to shite for way too long. With the owners Villa have now, we have a chance to spend our way forwards. I hope and pray with every fibre of my being that we're finally on the way back but at the moment it just looks like more of the same.

I remember that well. I remember MoN screaming at at Marvellous Marlin who he brought on as a late substitute.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #242 on: May 23, 2022, 01:46:32 AM »
We have seen this movie many times before so we always know what the ending is, there were some very good performances and Coutino's goal was sublime. For once I didn't want Gerrard to make any subs, I thought we were working hard across the park and working as a team. Bringing a player on cold into a hectic situation didn't work.
The way we captitulated was down to leadership on the field, to me Mings has lost his voice, he used to bark out instructions to the players but these days he points a lot.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2022, 05:38:15 AM »
I really don't understand some of the comments on here today.  Am I disappointed by the turn around? - of course.  Am I surprised ? - no.  Partly yes because we are Aston Villa but surely everyone of knew that if City got one they would get two or more.  Its fine margins.  There are people ranting about Cash who was a fraction of getting a head to thst first, rants about Watkins and want him gone and yet he's scored more consistently than anyone else at the club over the last two seasons and has a record that compares well with strikers in teams many places higher in the league.  The almost end of the tether dismissal of Gerrard is also baffling.  This was one of the best teams in the country and we went toe to toe with them.  I'm disappointed we lost but I've felt a hell of a lot worse in the last 10 years about our prospects for next season.  Let's give Gerrard his pre season and new signings and the  judge but for now I'm not giving up.

Well said. We actually played really well and Coutinhio’s goal a thing of beauty. I watched it with a blue nose friend of mine, equality and diversity and all that, and he, with no love for Villa, was praising the way we played.

Ultimately its really disappointing but this is what teams that win the league do. But for a missed penalty they did the same at West Ham the week before.

Cash wasnt poor for the first goal, he misses it by centimetres, Martinez doesnt save the second goal, its placed in the only part of the goal it could go in. Luiz is slow out for the third goal, but its a brilliant cross by De Bruyne.

Rather than be negative and slate our players and manager, i see enough there to think with a couple of additions we’ll do really well next season.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #244 on: May 23, 2022, 05:56:40 AM »
We screwed up but, not to get too down-hearted, new time we play them they'll have Harland leading the line. 😯

Online sid1964

« Reply #245 on: May 23, 2022, 06:32:09 AM »
As Roy Keane said "Villa are a soft touch" as soon as they scored, you knew what was going to happen

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #246 on: May 23, 2022, 07:21:53 AM »
As Roy Keane said "Villa are a soft touch" as soon as they scored, you knew what was going to happen
How many games did they lose or even draw all season? From that analysis virtually every team bar one or two are a soft touch.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #247 on: May 23, 2022, 07:29:48 AM »
Jeez I’m glad there’s a break from all this now.
see you at Suncorp in less than 2 months 😁

**sighs**  Yep!

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #248 on: May 23, 2022, 08:24:54 AM »
It's interesting that Gerrard said that the game plan was working brilliantly. It makes you wonder then why he changed it.

Offline Didier Five

« Reply #249 on: May 23, 2022, 08:33:52 AM »
It's interesting that Gerrard said that the game plan was working brilliantly. It makes you wonder then why he changed it.

Probably thought by bringing on a defensive midfielder he was shoring up the defence, if he didn't make a change and we let in three Gerrard would have been blamed for not trying to protect a two goal lead. Fine margins but I thought we were doing well but City have quality in abundance, you only have to look at the cost of their bench to see the gulf at the moment.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #250 on: May 23, 2022, 09:06:43 AM »

I couldn't believe it when he made that change; parking the bus against them never works because they have the players to break you down.

When we then brought Young on for Buendia when we were chasing it was bizarre too.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #251 on: May 23, 2022, 09:19:23 AM »

I couldn't believe it when he made that change; parking the bus against them never works because they have the players to break you down.

When we then brought Young on for Buendia when we were chasing it was bizarre too.

The manager isn't good.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #252 on: May 23, 2022, 09:24:21 AM »

The manager isn't good.

This.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #253 on: May 23, 2022, 09:24:55 AM »

We were an even softer touch when he was our shit, useless, lazy assistant manager who was only at Villa to gain some more bitching material for his 16th autobiography and harness his Gandalf impression.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #254 on: May 23, 2022, 09:25:04 AM »
At least it wasn’t an FA Cup Final they did that to us in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal