collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Small Rodent
[Today at 12:13:42 AM]

Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 12:12:07 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 12:04:59 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread.  (Read 24956 times)

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
Re: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread.
« Reply #225 on: May 22, 2022, 10:37:45 PM »
The striker situation is a big problem, let's not forget Wesley (who's scored 1 in 12 in Brazil ) Davis will be returning and I imagine Wesley will be hard to offload .

I think if the right offer comes in for Ings or Watkins we should take it , I personally think Watkins is the right age and will improve but Ings is looking like another striker who's come to villa and we've ruined

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #226 on: May 22, 2022, 10:48:09 PM »
Watkins is not good enough and today was an absolutely perfect example of it.

I also feel when we're talking about him turning it around, he's already 26. That needs to happen pretty quickly.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2022, 10:56:29 PM »
Maybe we can send him out on loan to Preston.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2022, 10:56:41 PM »
Watkins is not good enough and today was an absolutely perfect example of it.

I also feel when we're talking about him turning it around, he's already 26. That needs to happen pretty quickly.
Agree, either Ings or Watkins should be sold and the other a back up player.
Neither should be regular starters.

Online dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #229 on: May 22, 2022, 10:59:47 PM »
Just back home.Thank f..k the season is over. However I still feel optimistic for next season. Quality signings look like they are on the horizon and  hopefully we come back stronger after the Summer.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #230 on: May 22, 2022, 11:02:30 PM »
Jeez I’m glad there’s a break from all this now.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #231 on: May 22, 2022, 11:23:19 PM »

Like you I need and deserve a rest. Unaware to me, Mrs RCF filmed me for 5 minutes watching the Palace game. I'm just glad we don't have a Swear Box. It was both shocking and embarrassing.
I've promised myself I'm going to come back next season all 'Chris Smith'. I just need to find a Tibetan monastery that will have me for 3 months. Hummmmm..

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #232 on: May 22, 2022, 11:28:03 PM »
see you at Suncorp in less than 2 months 😁

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #233 on: May 22, 2022, 11:29:12 PM »
Can't help but remember when we were 4-0 up at Spurs on their birthday and managed to fuck that up. I don't believe it's any sort of hoodoo, curse or DNA issue for us, it's just we've been average to shite for way too long. With the owners Villa have now, we have a chance to spend our way forwards. I hope and pray with every fibre of my being that we're finally on the way back but at the moment it just looks like more of the same.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #234 on: May 22, 2022, 11:30:45 PM »
We have lacked mental toughness for decades. How many times have we bottled leads against Man U, for instance?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #235 on: May 22, 2022, 11:36:20 PM »
Just got back from the Etihad two goal start we brought Nakamba on then fell apart where I was sitting we had smoke bombs money and other projectiles thrown at us I really hate Man Shitty.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #236 on: May 22, 2022, 11:50:44 PM »
Only got back home an hour ago. After e petting a 3-4 nil routine defeat that was very, very frustrating.

We stuck at it and played with rigour and nous for an hour but I always felt we would rue the Watkins missed chances. We were saying he just isn’t clinical enough but if he was he wouldn’t be at Villa.

I’ve just seen their goals agin and all 3 probably hit the same part of the netting. The second and third goals really showed the lack of defensive reflexes in the midfield 3, with Ramsey and Luik notably showing a lack of anticipation of danger. We did really well to hold out for so long and get a two goal lead but there was a notable lack of leadership, nous and shithousery to break their momentum. Absolutely infuriating.

Man City fans - they were surprisingly nervous in the pub beforehand, despite us lying down like poodles in front of them for a decade. They were noisy for 10 minutes and then quiet for a full hour - really quiet. Once they got to 2-2 though they were very loud, as you’d expect. They had a good number of eejits in front of the away end after the game trying to goad Villa fans in the lower tier. God knows why they weren’t celebrating a title win. Their victory allowed us a quick getaway but amazingly we encountered dozens of fans who were outside at the same time as us and for whom seeing a trophy presentation isn’t on their list of the top 3 things they want to see on a Sunday evening.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2022, 12:26:39 AM »
Why do we have players regularly running out of steam in the last 15-20 minutes? It also often results in 'forced' substitutions.

I just don't understand why this should be the case and it's unnecessary and frustrating.

Online Hillbilly

« Reply #238 on: May 23, 2022, 12:31:39 AM »
I think if Emi M was in goal Liverpool would probably be champions. He'd have stopped the first and definitely got down to the second.

Quick word for the commentator (I forget his name) - c***. 'Matty Cash for Aston Villa and for Liverpool'. 'Philippe Coutinho scores. Silence. Stunned Silence' as the Villa fans roar. C***.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #239 on: May 23, 2022, 12:52:43 AM »
Bit harsh on Cash, they create overload and get the ball into positions to be attacked, I can’t think what Cash can do about either of the goals other than grow a foot or two.

He made the same mistake for both goals. The first was the worst as he got caught under a lofted cross park league style (Martinez probably would have bailed him out by coming for it and getting a touch). If he gets touch tight to Gundogan he doesn't score either goal. Watch Walker or a top right back in similar situations. For one they are side on so they have some sense of where the danger is but at a minimum they have an elbow flying or some bit of contact to put off the forward. Even backing in so far that the forward has to reach over you to get a header. Cash jumped too early and allowed an uncontested header from a few yards out. That's shocking defending at this level.

His body position is again all wrong to defend the cross for the third. Facing his own goal for a finish so he can't even attempt to clear it with his left or block Gundogan. He has no idea where Gundogan is again when the cross comes in yet was next to him only seconds before when the ball broke (Luiz gutless in attempting to deal with it).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal