collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Pre-Match  (Read 8557 times)

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Re: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Pre-Match
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2022, 09:59:50 AM »
I hope the social media gang who ‘want Jack to win it’ haven’t got tickets. The thought of Villa fans staying to applaud him with his shiny bauble turns the stomach.

*vomits*

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2022, 10:14:11 AM »
I don't particularly want Citeh to win the league but when the other option is Liverpool and they've a Champions League final to come then I'm not overly bothered either way. Jack playing for one of them and winning a title isn't a factor for me at all.

Online nordenvillain

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2022, 10:24:10 AM »
We'll be a goal up as we go into second half added time... and then Grealish will summon his inner Aguero.
Funnily enough, I've dreamt that City are winning 1-0 going into injury time, Liverpool are winning easily v Wolves, Villa get a corner, Mings' header is going wide when it hits Grealish, goes in for an equaliser, then ........I wake up and realise it'll be a routine City win.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2022, 10:32:50 AM »
1st half in the VP match, we almost seemed scared of them, then after the interval, it was a much improved performance and we could have nicked a point in the end, so if we show that 2nd half performance for the full 90 mins, then who knows.

Offline danno

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2022, 10:35:20 AM »
3-0 to them.
Then it's the second half.

Online Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2022, 10:40:14 AM »
I just can’t see us getting anything

I would love to be wrong - and I hope we am an at least make it nervy for them rather than it just being exhibition match for them come the end

Offline danno

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2022, 10:44:12 AM »
Everything I've read suggests we're going with a 1-0-0 formation today.

Steven Gerrard vs Manchester City.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2022, 10:52:47 AM »
The shitty government here in Australia got kicked out yesterday so Villa beating this lot would make it a close to perfect weekend. And even if we lose it won’t kill my vibe.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2022, 10:57:21 AM »
Grealish has been playing reasonably well lately, he will start I'd say. Sterling or Foden on the other flank
(Mahrez was dreadful v West Ham) and Jesus down the middle. Silva, KdB, Rodri in midfield.

Really don't think this is the day for our full backs to be pushed up very high. Likes of Grealish and Foden could have a field day if they do. Definitely not the day for a diamond midfield setup either or our full backs will be destroyed. Maybe try Ramsey somewhat on the left to see how he matches up v Walker. Buendia to front up against Cancelo on other side.

-----------Martinez
Cash, Chambers, Mings, Digne
Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn
Buendia, Watkins, Ramsey

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2022, 11:23:15 AM »
Probably the endorphins or the pre-workout talking. But...

All week the Scousers at work (it is Liverpool City centre to be fair) have been  "ah Ads la, yous doin' us a favour? Is right". And I've been categoric that we are absolutely not. They're going to batter us, they always do, I've seen us win 3 times in 30 years there. They used to beat us when they were shit. Same at a party for one of the lads in Max's football team yesterday in St Helens. Loads of Kopites, are Villa doing it? Mega lulz absolutely not.

But in the back of my head there's a gnawing sound. A whisper, no more. In the most hushed of tones. "What if they don't score early? Their back 4 was shite last week. Nerves. What if...".

Fucking hard graft being an optimist and supporting us. Absolutely no hope, no expectations and now this shit.

We're getting the train in and my lad will be representing in his shirt, so we probably will win just to make it spicy walking back to town with the Stockport wankers after.

Champions of Europe, you'll never buy that.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2022, 11:58:00 AM »
Ah well, after having to go to St Helens the weekend can only get better!

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2022, 12:36:09 PM »
Agreed, so long as Wolves win too. Brentford as well, please.
and Norwich and Arsenal too, please.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2022, 12:45:16 PM »
If by some chance we were to scrape a draw, you know the scousers would fuck it up too.
in a way, that would be better than handing Liverpool the title, as it would’ve meant we’d done our bit, but Liverpool fkd up. I hadn’t thought of that scenario previously, but I quite like the thought of that now.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2022, 12:54:05 PM »
See you later Ads..

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2022, 12:56:50 PM »
Today feels like an absolute hiding to nothing. It will be all city prematch, we are there to make up the numbers,  be comfortably beaten, moneybags city will be lauded and get their title. And Mr Grealish potentially could score, you'd hope he wouldn't celebrate like Ings or  a Robbie Keane but I think we all know he.probably would. I will be delighted If we avoid defeat but I can't see it and I'll be glad to have a break before it starts all over again in August. UTV but it will be a arduous day I fear.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal