collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Liverpool Pre-Match  (Read 13130 times)

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Aston Villa v Liverpool Pre-Match
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2022, 07:36:16 PM »
7-2 is a hard act to follow. I can accept redscouse improving and getting 3 goals so long as we end the game with 6!
We need to approach the game in the opposite way we did at anfield. Take the game to them; have a go and be competitive (after all we are at VP). Contain them when we haven’t got the ball. Be on the front foot when we have.
Masterminding a result over redscouse (when it really matters to them) could be good for our manager.
UTV!

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2022, 07:39:58 PM »
We will be their first of five games in 19 days. T his includes 2 cup finals, the first of which is the FA cup 4 days after us. The second being the European cup. City have a 3 point advantage and better goal difference. I think they will make some  changes against us.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2022, 08:08:19 PM »
A draw would be considered a massive result. They are going to have 65% of the ball and at times we will be backs to the wall for long periods of the game. They know they have to win so Klopp will play the best players he has available. We will get chances and we have to be clinical. Because they will get plenty of opportunities and will score once at least. We just cannot afford to go behind early as it will be a very long night and possibly a heavy defeat we don’t try and take the game to them. I will optimistically got for a 1-1 draw. Coutinho with our goal. Salah for them.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2022, 08:10:08 PM »

And a yellow card for Martinez time wasting

This appears to be your latest cause. Any chance you could give it a rest?

If Martinez is booked for time wasting, then that would mean we're not losing, in which case he would be taking one for the team.

Excuse me the whole quote please because you have not taken the context. As I said- outside of the later minutes if he starts doing his time wasting antics early and gets a yellow card happens and then in the match later Martinez did a foul he would be off for 2 yellows.

Whereas he could still make a foul and be yellow carded if he doesn't pick one up for time wasting.
I explain my grave concerns fully there. And I represent views that don't seem to get covered by many as people have different views on what's acceptable in sporting terms.

And basically I someone who cannot abide needless yellow cards. And needless time wasting which equates to negative play. In the later stages of matches I accept this happens but the blatancy by Martinez despite him being our keeper will come back to haunt us one day.

And btw Alison was mocking Pickford for the time wasting v Everton so we could end up seeing that again which would make enfuriating all round.

Position clear and pointing out Martinez could well get carded is good for sightseeing and identifying things.
I'm likely to mention it for the Man City away thread too when comes around.
Won't go on though.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 08:13:31 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2022, 09:12:16 PM »
Three home league games in a row! When did that last happen?

02 Mar 2014   Aston Villa 4 Norwich City 1   
15 Mar 2014   Aston Villa 1 Chelsea   0   
23 Mar 2014   Aston Villa 1 Stoke City 4

https://www.11v11.com/teams/aston-villa/tab/matches/season/2014/

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2022, 09:14:22 PM »
I'm glad I've successfully removed that Stoke game from my memory. I think the Chelsea win was when the snake got the winner and Mourinho was still moaning about it six months later.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2022, 09:15:14 PM »
0-2 or 0-3 We will be on the back foot from kickoff as we are against all the "better" teams under Gerrard.  We need to have a go  at them and so what if we end  up getting a tonking just have a go.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2022, 09:41:46 PM »
I think we’ll get a win. I think they may be resting several of the regulars given the games they’ve got coming up and after this weekend it’s possible that they’ve put the PL on a back burner. All guess work of course and wishful thinking but I’m going for a surprise 2-0 win

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2022, 09:43:59 PM »
0-2 or 0-3 We will be on the back foot from kickoff as we are against all the "better" teams under Gerrard.  We need to have a go  at them and so what if we end  up getting a tonking just have a go.

Adopting a positive stance as usual I see. We might well lose, but I think we’ll put in a good effort here and might well nick it.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2022, 10:26:29 PM »
Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool. Their title hopes end in B6.....

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2022, 12:58:12 AM »
I think they are beginning to look a bit leggy.
This could end their quadruple dream.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2022, 02:27:23 AM »
I'm conflicted as I can imagine the headlines if Stevie G's plucky Villa end Liverpool's title dreams...but I don't want Joe to win anything either.

Can we beat them both and still have Liverpool win the league ?

Offline PhilVill

• Centre Right, but nice with it 😉😙
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2022, 06:16:31 AM »
Home win, pressure getting to Klopp, feeding through to players whilst we have freedom to play. Ings scores two in a 2-1 win, all go home happy, pro LFC media cry.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2022, 06:22:55 AM »
7-2 seems likely

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2022, 08:53:40 AM »
I think we’ll get a win. I think they may be resting several of the regulars given the games they’ve got coming up and after this weekend it’s possible that they’ve put the PL on a back burner. All guess work of course and wishful thinking but I’m going for a surprise 2-0 win

Not sure they’ll rest players or given up on the league to be honest. Man City have Wolves away mid week and they’ve struggled there in the past, plus they have West Ham away which looks a tougher game than Liverpool at Southampton in the same round of fixtures, so doubt Klopps given up on it yet.
They’ll be after us from the get go and like an earlier poster said, if we concede early could be a very long night. On the other hand, the longer it goes on the more twitchy they are bound to get, knowing if they don’t beat us it is virtually all over for the title.
Coutinhio is bound to be well up for this game, will be interesting to see. Stating the obvious but team selection is everything here.

Martinez
Cash
Konsa
Mings
Digne

Nakamba if fit/otherwise Chambers
Luiz
McGinn

Coutinhio
Buendia
Watkins

Probably 1-2, them but a draw would be huge.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal