collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Drummond
[Today at 03:30:39 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by David_Nab
[Today at 03:26:23 PM]

Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 03:25:08 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 03:24:02 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 03:16:29 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Drummond
[Today at 03:30:39 PM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 03:30:06 PM]

Re: FFP by olaftab
[Today at 03:26:32 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by David_Nab
[Today at 03:26:23 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 03:25:24 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 03:25:08 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 03:24:02 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by olaftab
[Today at 03:19:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-0 Deano’s Norwich post match thread  (Read 21262 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Aston Villa 2-0 Deano’s Norwich post match thread
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2022, 05:28:15 PM »
There was a very excited lad by me attending his first match yesterday. The ST holder next to me said that when his Dad told him on Friday evening he was going, he broke down in tears. Sometimes, us long term 'sufferers' don't realise how lucky we are. Also, it took me back to February 1977, when I saw my first game at Villa Park. A 3-0 win against Port Vale. Still a vivid and happy memory.

A few years ago I went with my cousin, who's in his sixties, and his lad who was about 25. Because of where they live and assorted family stuff they attend maybe one match a decade. It was a routine win against Blackburn and I still had to virtually drag them put at the end because they wanted to be there as long as they could.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2022, 06:10:33 PM »
Why was Smith blathering on about their 'penalty'? "Because it's Norwich I doubt I'll be getting a call from Mike Riley." Nothing to do with it being Norwich, Dean, you won't be getting a call because nobody else in the world thought it was a penalty either.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2022, 06:14:45 PM »
What penalty?

Offline Risso

« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2022, 06:16:25 PM »
What penalty?

Exactly.

But first half where their player caught a foot in the face as he was bending down to knee height.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2022, 06:30:35 PM »
It was a routine win against Blackburn and I still had to virtually drag them put at the end because they wanted to be there as long as they could.

This last sentence resonates deeply with me apart from the routine win bit. My last visit to Villa Park was the 5-5 against Forest, before that it was Watford 2-4 and before that Burnley 0-1. 

Each time I just wanted to hang around inside to soak up the atmosphere and to look at the suroundings for as long as I could.  I knew my lad was anxious to get going as he lives in Shropshire but I think he had an unsaid  understanding. 

I don't wish to be maudling about this but at my age and not living in the UK anymore, you never know if it's going to be your last visit and the Villa has been such a massive part of my life I just want to make the most of it.  It will be ever thus, hopefully for a good few years yet to come.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2022, 06:30:48 PM »
Out of interest, what was the team of mini no.8s that paraded around the pitch at half time? If there was any kind of announcement about their identity and accomplishment, I missed it.

Offline danno

« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2022, 06:33:05 PM »
Mostly my own fault (as well as Covid) for not having been since December 2019. But it was nice to be back and see us win a game.

Offline Risso

« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2022, 06:48:05 PM »
Out of interest, what was the team of mini no.8s that paraded around the pitch at half time? If there was any kind of announcement about their identity and accomplishment, I missed it.

Coutinho and Buendia?! ;)

Online Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2022, 06:57:54 PM »
They're our new under 9's academy recruits. The announcement came about 5 minutes after they'd left the pitch. Which following on top of announcing the wrong sub when Leon went off wasn't a great effort by the announcer.

Offline DerbyVillian

« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2022, 07:00:13 PM »

It was the Aston Villa under 9 team. It was poorly announced; just as they were going off the pitch😩😩

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2022, 07:22:57 PM »
Thanks all. I gave up waiting and popped to the loo after they'd lined up in front of the Holte.

As an aside to Risso's pop at the vertically challenged above, I noted as they briefly lined up together as a wall that Ings is shorter than McGinn. I was not expecting that.

Offline danno

« Reply #161 on: May 01, 2022, 07:39:28 PM »
Thanks all. I gave up waiting and popped to the loo after they'd lined up in front of the Holte.

As an aside to Risso's pop at the vertically challenged above, I noted as they briefly lined up together as a wall that Ings is shorter than McGinn. I was not expecting that.

That's because you're not used to see McGinn stand upright. 😁
When he's playing he's half hunched, leaning forward with his bum pushed out.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2022, 08:03:00 PM »
Yeah but Everton fans are the whingiest, whiniest fuckers and they hate us a lot more than vice versa so fuck'em.

Amen eamonn

Most clubs hate us more than we hate them because nobody else has a sense of humour. I have no doubt I hate Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City & Rangers more than most of their fans hate us.

But the rest? Bitterness and self-regard galore.

A Newcastle fan I worked with justified her hatred of us by citing the Ant & Dec banner. "How sad and pathetic can you be? Why would you do that? Are you obsessed with us? Are you all that small-time?"

This was 2018, so a full nine years after someone hung a hand-painted sheet as a last-game-of-the-season joke. But it was still as if our entire club and fanbase had publicly spread Mike Ashley's excrement on their Jimmy Nail statue.
I hope Everton go and I’d rather they go with Newcastle too rather than any of the others. It’s the “they can’t possibly go down” attitude that I hate from almost every quarter

True, but to be fair they can’t go down almost always translate to they don’t - and it looks good for them again. Not so good for Leeds!

Online yammers

« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2022, 10:00:12 PM »
My 7 year old was buzzing, because we won 2-0 and he got to sing Sweet Caroline (clean version) and Hi-Ho Silver Lining at the end.

Same here, took my 10yr old for only his second game.  He was buzzing because of just being there, got to get something from the store beforehand and got to see his team win 2-0! I can assure he thought it was ace!

In contrast to that though we were sat behind a chap and his teenage son in the trinity, they were late sitting down, early to leave for half time and missed our first goal, late coming back for the second half and left early missing our second goal.  The chap moaned constantly and I get it was a frustrating game at times but you have to wonder why he pays the money! 😀

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2022, 09:09:39 AM »
Ref had an absolute shocker. Throwing yellow cards around like confetti in our direction, while Norwich fouls went unpunished constantly
I said to myself he must be a Norwich fan. At one point I expected the ref to start shouting "Let's be 'avin you!" at the away fans.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal