collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 09:51:04 AM]

Gordon Cowans by LeeB
[Today at 09:50:04 AM]

FFP by oldtimernow
[Today at 09:47:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 09:51:04 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by LeeB
[Today at 09:50:04 AM]

Re: FFP by oldtimernow
[Today at 09:47:59 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Dante Lavelli
[Today at 09:45:57 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 09:42:19 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by LeeB
[Today at 09:38:02 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:24:14 AM]

Re: FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-0 Deano’s Norwich post match thread  (Read 20928 times)

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Aston Villa 2-0 Deano’s Norwich post match thread
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2022, 10:17:01 AM »
Nothing controversial, there were quite a few agreeing with me on Saturday who sit by me

We wont win anything with average centre halves

It’s a totally irrelevant argument. Everyone is fully aware that the current squad are not in a position to win things but are a work in progress. If things go to play them some players will stay and play a full part, some will become peripheral and others will move on.

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2022, 11:32:05 AM »
My 7 year old was buzzing, because we won 2-0 and he got to sing Sweet Caroline (clean version) and Hi-Ho Silver Lining at the end.

Same here, took my 10yr old for only his second game.  He was buzzing because of just being there, got to get something from the store beforehand and got to see his team win 2-0! I can assure he thought it was ace!

In contrast to that though we were sat behind a chap and his teenage son in the trinity, they were late sitting down, early to leave for half time and missed our first goal, late coming back for the second half and left early missing our second goal.  The chap moaned constantly and I get it was a frustrating game at times but you have to wonder why he pays the money! 😀

It was my four-year-old's first match - I was so desperate for him to enjoy it. He's at the age where he's not particularly really in to anything, but is happy to go along with everything, so we thought he was ready to give it a go. We went to the funzone before the game, which he loved, we got some food and drink outside the ground. Then he sat quite happily watching the full match - we played a game where he would get a sweet if we got a corner or a free kick, three for a goal - it kept him engaged in what was happening. We sat next to the tunnel (my season ticket is normally back of the Holte, but we got them moved), and he was fascinated watching the subs warm up. He nearly went as long as Danny Ings without needing the toilet too (that was the delay before he came on - he'd nipped down the tunnel, much to the amusement of our other subs). We got right to the front at the end of the match and some of the players came over to give their shirts away, so he got really close to some of them.

It was fascinating to see the match through his eyes. He doesn't have much of an understanding of football other than you have to kick it in the net more than the other team, but everything else - the stadium, the number of people, the lights, the noise, the banners, the colours - that was all huge to him. Exactly the sort of stuff I take for granted. How we played didn't matter to him - we won, he got to see John McGinn "for real life" and he had some sweets. That's a pretty afternoon for a four-year-old! Most importantly, he's said he wants to go again.

Online Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2022, 11:37:22 AM »
My 7 year old was buzzing, because we won 2-0 and he got to sing Sweet Caroline (clean version) and Hi-Ho Silver Lining at the end.

Same here, took my 10yr old for only his second game.  He was buzzing because of just being there, got to get something from the store beforehand and got to see his team win 2-0! I can assure he thought it was ace!

In contrast to that though we were sat behind a chap and his teenage son in the trinity, they were late sitting down, early to leave for half time and missed our first goal, late coming back for the second half and left early missing our second goal.  The chap moaned constantly and I get it was a frustrating game at times but you have to wonder why he pays the money! 😀

It was my four-year-old's first match - I was so desperate for him to enjoy it. He's at the age where he's not particularly really in to anything, but is happy to go along with everything, so we thought he was ready to give it a go. We went to the funzone before the game, which he loved, we got some food and drink outside the ground. Then he sat quite happily watching the full match - we played a game where he would get a sweet if we got a corner or a free kick, three for a goal - it kept him engaged in what was happening. We sat next to the tunnel (my season ticket is normally back of the Holte, but we got them moved), and he was fascinated watching the subs warm up. He nearly went as long as Danny Ings without needing the toilet too (that was the delay before he came on - he'd nipped down the tunnel, much to the amusement of our other subs). We got right to the front at the end of the match and some of the players came over to give their shirts away, so he got really close to some of them.

It was fascinating to see the match through his eyes. He doesn't have much of an understanding of football other than you have to kick it in the net more than the other team, but everything else - the stadium, the number of people, the lights, the noise, the banners, the colours - that was all huge to him. Exactly the sort of stuff I take for granted. How we played didn't matter to him - we won, he got to see John McGinn "for real life" and he had some sweets. That's a pretty afternoon for a four-year-old! Most importantly, he's said he wants to go again.
Ah that’s great!  Little does he know you’ve signed him up to a lifetime of pain

Glad you all had a great day - that’s what it’s all about

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2022, 12:07:02 PM »
Nothing controversial, there were quite a few agreeing with me on Saturday who sit by me

It’s a totally irrelevant argument. Everyone is fully aware that the current squad are not in a position to win things but are a work in progress. If things go to play them some players will stay and play a full part, some will become peripheral and others will move on.

Spot on Chris!

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2022, 12:45:27 PM »

Sounds a bundle of fun in your section of the ground!!

Mings and Chambers didnt have a lot to do Saturday but didnt put a foot wrong with what they had to do.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #185 on: May 03, 2022, 12:48:55 PM »

Sounds a bundle of fun in your section of the ground!!

Mings and Chambers didnt have a lot to do Saturday but didnt put a foot wrong with what they had to do.

Meldrew Corner.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #186 on: May 03, 2022, 05:53:19 PM »
We've sold home tickets in the upper tier for Burnley, so it's even more unusual that the away end was half empty on Saturday.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #187 on: May 03, 2022, 06:44:16 PM »
We have a current England centre forward who gets pelters from sections of the Villa fans.  We have a current England centre back who gets pelters from sections of the Villa fans.  Oh for the days when we had players like Paul Elliott and Rudy Gestede.  With Jordan Bowery to come off the bench.
Absolutely 100 % Brian. Some have extremely short memories. I’m still not really sure if Gestede was actually a footballer

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2022, 11:56:25 PM »
Great to see Deano get a good reception. No doubt he'll bring them back up if given the necessary support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal