collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Tickets - 2022/23  (Read 139826 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Season Tickets - 2022/23
« Reply #315 on: May 19, 2022, 01:06:09 PM »
Had a few emails and messages to renew and normally the club are boasting about how many season passes have been sold in 'record time' so it certainly looks like they have got this totally wrong in the current climate and may well regret targeting the less well off and families.

Sitting 14th in the league and people struggling to pay their essential bills may well have put many off.

Have you been put off?

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #316 on: May 19, 2022, 01:16:03 PM »
Had a few emails and messages to renew and normally the club are boasting about how many season passes have been sold in 'record time' so it certainly looks like they have got this totally wrong in the current climate and may well regret targeting the less well off and families.

Sitting 14th in the league and people struggling to pay their essential bills may well have put many off.

I’ve had these and today I’ve had a letter about renewing, but I, like I am sure many others, are waiting til May payday. The club deliberately ensured that the renewal window included an end of month, and will be well aware that many will choose to do it then. I’ve pretty much always renewed late and the level of communication is the same as any other year.

Online WassallVillain

« Reply #317 on: May 19, 2022, 01:22:53 PM »

I’ve had these and today I’ve had a letter about renewing, but I, like I am sure many others, are waiting til May payday. The club deliberately ensured that the renewal window included an end of month, and will be well aware that many will choose to do it then. I’ve pretty much always renewed late and the level of communication is the same as any other year.

Agreed. Got my first email yesterday and a postal reminder today. All normal as previous years

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #318 on: May 19, 2022, 01:58:50 PM »
Had the letter today also which reads exactly the same as the email. What a pointless waste of paper,money and terrible for the environment.

By now club would be boasting about speedy sales. They've 100% targeted the less well off for their own greed. They want them out and replaced by big spenders

Offline Skerra

« Reply #319 on: May 19, 2022, 02:05:07 PM »
As I mentioned before, I’ve had loads of email reminders and today had letter from them as well. Like so many other organisations, Villa really have picked the wrong year to be putting up prices by so much. I dare say I will probably renew eventually but, in all honesty, I really haven’t enjoyed this season very much at all. As with a lot of others, my love for Villa will probably overcome my disappointment but, really do hope that next season we will be pushing for one of those elusive European places. A good start would be putting out our strongest teams in the cup competitions as this is the best hope of any success in the near future.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #320 on: May 19, 2022, 02:08:28 PM »
Had the letter today also which reads exactly the same as the email. What a pointless waste of paper,money and terrible for the environment.

By now club would be boasting about speedy sales. They've 100% targeted the less well off for their own greed. They want them out and replaced by big spenders

Question for you Fin5toner - Have you ever said anything positive on this forum? The club send ONE renewal letter out in a year, which would undoubtedly benefit the older, less computer literate amongst us, and you think they're responsible for global warming!?

I do question whether you're a fan at times, or a Bluenose here on the windup?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #321 on: May 19, 2022, 02:12:28 PM »

It's not about greed, it's about increasing revenue so we can compete where most of our fans want us to compete.  We still have some of the cheapest ST in the PL.  Given our spending is amongst the highest in the PL, the current prices were clearly never going to be sustainable. 

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #322 on: May 19, 2022, 02:15:32 PM »

Question for you Fin5toner - Have you ever said anything positive on this forum? The club send ONE renewal letter out in a year, which would undoubtedly benefit the older, less computer literate amongst us, and you think they're responsible for global warming!?

This is a good point, imagine some fans missed a renewal dealdline as they hadn't been contatcted by the club?  What a dIsGrAcE that would be.  Our resident under a bridge dweller would be fuming.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #323 on: May 19, 2022, 02:22:49 PM »
Extra Revenue? £200 from a few thousand seats will not even get you a half decent bench warmer.

A gradual rise £100/£100 over two seasons would have been easier to take but they've literally targeted those in the cheapest seats and hit them hard, it's practically impossible for many families in these areas to renew, to call me a bluenose for wanting fair prices is ridiculous.

If you can afford £650 in the Trinity for instance a 10% increase is easier to swallow but £200 for those in the cheapest 'zone' is not.

The absolute crap about wanting to make the zones more simple is an insult . I'm sure most people can cope with looking at 5 or 6 price categories without getting all confused

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 02:25:10 PM by Flin5tone »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2022, 02:23:37 PM »
As an aside, my mate who is a Leeds season ticket holder of 20 years, had his renewal email go into his spam folder, he missed it, and has now lost his season ticket. I think he'd have been quite glad of a paper reminder.*

Although when they go down he'll probably be able to get it back no problem!

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #325 on: May 19, 2022, 02:24:28 PM »
Because they really care about our older fans don't they? Another group that has been targeted with the rises.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #326 on: May 19, 2022, 03:06:28 PM »
Because they really care about our older fans don't they? Another group that has been targeted with the rises.

What should they have done, load all the increase onto the under 65's perhaps?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #327 on: May 19, 2022, 03:18:35 PM »

Take a hundred lines.

It's about turnover not wealth.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #328 on: May 19, 2022, 04:09:02 PM »

What should they have done, load all the increase onto the under 65's perhaps?
Or ask people in non means tested Z1-4 seats to continue to disproportionately subsidise people in non-means tested Z5-6 seats?  For all I know some fucker in the lower North Stand earns more than me but he sits there as he likes doing wanker signs at opposition fans all game or prefers to keep more of his money back for a few extra lines of charlie on his night out.

Perhaps balancing disproprtionately subsidised seats helps keep the price rises to a minimum for someone with 4 family seats in Zone 3 or 4?

I get it's not ideal and some who can't afford it will be hit hardest, but it's not black and white.  And as stated many times, our cheapest tickets ares still some of the cheapest PL tickets available.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2022, 02:21:31 PM »

They used to boast about speedy sales when we were selling more than previous years, we won’t sell more than previous years this time because we are already at the ceiling.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal