collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 791946 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #2340 on: June 23, 2022, 11:16:33 AM »
Evening mail linking us with a bid for Otavio, a right sided midfielder from Porto (no idea if he is any good).

He's good but not for sale. Reports that we made a €30m bid for him but it was rejected. There are also claims that Leeds made the same bid with the same outcome. Possibly we're being used to push up the price. Not sure why we'd be after a winger. Porto have already sold Fábio Vieira to Arsenal and Vitinha looks likely to move to Paris Saint Germain so they won't want to lose their complete midfield.

Talk is that Otavio has a 40m Euro's release clause.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2341 on: June 23, 2022, 11:21:06 AM »
Evening mail linking us with a bid for Otavio, a right sided midfielder from Porto (no idea if he is any good).

He's good but not for sale. Reports that we made a €30m bid for him but it was rejected. There are also claims that Leeds made the same bid with the same outcome. Possibly we're being used to push up the price. Not sure why we'd be after a winger. Porto have already sold Fábio Vieira to Arsenal and Vitinha looks likely to move to Paris Saint Germain so they won't want to lose their complete midfield.

€60m release clause but were rumoured to be willing to accept €40m up to the 15th of June, if memory serves.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2342 on: June 23, 2022, 11:23:31 AM »
What I read said that the release clause is 40m Euro's until 15th July and then 60m after that. No idea whether it's true or not, or whether he's even one we would be considering.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #2343 on: June 23, 2022, 11:32:44 AM »
I'll check again but the release clause is 60m but there may be a discount if purchased before the 15th.
O Jogo, the Porto based sports daily, that usually has the best inside info on all things Porto are reporting the rejected €30m bid was from Leeds.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2344 on: June 23, 2022, 11:38:13 AM »
I signed him on a free on Championship Manager and he was shite

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #2345 on: June 23, 2022, 11:43:54 AM »

Best not bother then. If no-one wanted to pay 40M Euros why would the price go up after 15th. Doesn't make any sense. Anyway as Lee says, he's shite (unless we sign him of course).

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2346 on: June 23, 2022, 11:49:50 AM »

€60m release clause but were rumoured to be willing to accept €40m up to the 15th of June, if memory serves.

I hope he assists like a bastard because his goal scoring record is dire. How is he worth that much?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #2347 on: June 23, 2022, 12:02:45 PM »
You can put in a clause for any value and Porto are no fools, quite the opposite. They're brilliant at buying cheap and selling for a fortune, often taking the piss. At 27 I don't think it would be the best investment. The man works hard and doesn't go missing, he's more industrious than silky skills. What was it last season, 5 goals and 8 assists? In a Porto side I'd probably be close to reaching those figures. Let Leeds have him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2348 on: June 23, 2022, 12:04:25 PM »
You can put in a clause for any value and Porto are no fools, quite the opposite. They're brilliant at buying cheap and selling for a fortune, often taking the piss. At 27 I don't think it would be the best investment. The man works hard and doesn't go missing, he's more industrious than silky skills. What was it last season, 5 goals and 8 assists? In a Porto side I'd probably be close to reaching those figures. Let Leeds have him.

3 in the league, which is the most he's ever scored since 2016. No ta.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #2349 on: June 23, 2022, 12:04:41 PM »

Yeah but you're the Paul Lambert of Championship Manager. #pearlstopigs

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #2350 on: June 23, 2022, 12:15:46 PM »
Brandon Williams of Man U is available for around £10m according to BBC. Decent cover at left back who, imo, wouldn’t demand tons of first team football but has potential to improve.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2351 on: June 23, 2022, 12:34:38 PM »

Yeah but you're the Paul Lambert of Championship Manager. #pearlstopigs

The only similarity is we both spend most of the working day looking like hobos, but I have the excuse of being at home

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #2352 on: June 23, 2022, 12:35:24 PM »
A right footed left back on reported £60k a week? Norwich fans are in no rush to see him back. Don't we have anybody from our own youngsters that could step up?

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #2353 on: June 23, 2022, 12:57:00 PM »
 After a very excitable splurge early on with 2 great signings out of almost no where, it has gone a little flat.

I would imagine most will be back early July from holidays so maybe it will start up again

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #2354 on: June 23, 2022, 01:04:07 PM »
A right footed left back on reported £60k a week? Norwich fans are in no rush to see him back. Don't we have anybody from our own youngsters that could step up?

I’m not aware of his current wages, if there’s any truth in that figure, well fair play to him but nowhere near worth it.
I’d give him a pass on being part of the Norwich defence as I thought he looked quite good in his breakthrough season with Man U. As you suggest I’d prefer to give our own a go but don’t think we have any close to being ready for the first team in the left back slot, do we?
Williams has got a bit of experience in domestic and European games and wouldn’t break the bank for a position that we need cover in, I don’t fancy Young there for any length of time should he sign a new contract.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal