collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 783787 times)

Offline LeonW

Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #1350 on: May 26, 2022, 05:09:21 PM »
It’s clear there is a priority to get players in and be part of a full pre-season which is what is needed.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #1351 on: May 26, 2022, 05:10:11 PM »
Sod costs. Bollocks to resale value.

If we are looking at bringing top quality players into the club who are an upgrade on what we have, then bring it on.
Forget promising youngsters, moneyball players and players looking for a last big pay day.
Players in their prime who can lift us into the next level is what I want.

Our owners have the ambition, they just keep on proving it.

I’m loving all the speculation, the names we are linked with and a feeling of progress that is underway.

UP THE FECKIN VILLA.

At face value, I think we've actually spent pretty well since Gerrard was appointed (post-Joey Rats money) ..

Lucas Digne - £25m
Callum Chambers - Free
Phillipe Coutinho - £17m
Boubacar Kamara - Free
Diego Carlos - £26m
Total - £68m

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #1352 on: May 26, 2022, 05:14:09 PM »
Doing some quick google translates on the Twitter comments underneath the official Sevilla handle tells me their fans are none to happy he has left.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #1353 on: May 26, 2022, 05:15:18 PM »
Never heard of him before this week but if we don't sign him now I will be seriously pissed off. Would that be us ending our pursuit of Tarkowski or are we after two centre-halves, do we think?

It’s possible Tarkowski was a diversion.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #1354 on: May 26, 2022, 05:17:22 PM »
Aston Villa can confirm the Club has reached an agreement with Sevilla FC for the transfer of Diego Carlos for an undisclosed fee.

The player will travel to England in the next few hours to complete a medical and finalise personal terms.

Diego Carlos, a Brazilian central defender, has been a virtual ever-present in Sevilla’s successful La Liga and European campaigns over the last three seasons, playing 136 matches, including in Sevilla’s victorious appearance in the 2020 Europa League final against Inter Milan.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #1355 on: May 26, 2022, 05:18:00 PM »
Never heard of him before this week but if we don't sign him now I will be seriously pissed off. Would that be us ending our pursuit of Tarkowski or are we after two centre-halves, do we think?

More than likely Gerrard wants centre halves that can play the ball out from the back and keep possession.  No to stereotype, but being Brazilian I would hope he is at least good on the ball.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #1356 on: May 26, 2022, 05:20:37 PM »

More than likely Gerrard wants centre halves that can play the ball out from the back and keep possession.  No to stereotype, but being Brazilian I would hope he is at least good on the ball.

This last season, he had a 94% short pass accuracy.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #1357 on: May 26, 2022, 05:22:25 PM »

Our current approach to recruitment seems to be getting it back done under radar with info getting out fairly last minute. When some outlets were reporting our approach to Tarkowski with a wage quoted, this doesn’t seem to fit how we’ve been doing things.

That being said, Carlos hasn’t actually signed yet, which is also interesting.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #1358 on: May 26, 2022, 05:27:18 PM »

Our current approach to recruitment seems to be getting it back done under radar with info getting out fairly last minute. When some outlets were reporting our approach to Tarkowski with a wage quoted, this doesn’t seem to fit how we’ve been doing things.

It's done and dusted, he's just got to pass the medical and get his work permit which won't be an issue.we would not announce this if he hadn't already agreed the terms

Online Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #1359 on: May 26, 2022, 05:28:41 PM »
The way we are going the increased ground capacity will be needed for the players 😇

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1360 on: May 26, 2022, 05:28:52 PM »
Yeah, sounds like it's basically agreed, to me.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #1361 on: May 26, 2022, 05:34:49 PM »

It's done and dusted, he's just got to pass the medical and get his work permit which won't be an issue.we would not announce this if he hadn't already agreed the terms

Highly likely...I’m just one of those people that want the contract signed/medical passed, etc.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #1362 on: May 26, 2022, 05:38:58 PM »

Highly likely...I’m just one of those people that want the contract signed/medical passed, etc.

I still have david unsworth syndrome too don't worry hahaha

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #1363 on: May 26, 2022, 05:47:15 PM »
Clearly Gerrard is signing players with significant European experience, hopefully planning for euro-qualification next season.

Next in will be Suarez, if only to satisfy cdbearsfan's Uruguayan demand :)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1364 on: May 26, 2022, 05:48:56 PM »
Clearly Gerrard is signing players with significant European experience, hopefully planning for euro-qualification next season.

Next in will be Suarez, if only to satisfy cdbearsfan's Uruguayan demand :)

We will have had internationals from all the World Cup winning teams if we get him. Needs to be done.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal