collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 783757 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #990 on: May 19, 2022, 10:03:23 PM »
Sounds as if the Suarez rumour doesn't have any legs.

Good. We're not Liverpool's Dads Army.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #991 on: May 19, 2022, 10:20:10 PM »

I fear it does have legs.  The comment from Gerrard that we are not far from announcing something suggests a free transfer is close. 

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #992 on: May 19, 2022, 10:30:40 PM »

I fear it does have legs.  The comment from Gerrard that we are not far from announcing something suggests a free transfer is close. 

Another trying to lower our expectations? He won't last long if that's the case.

Offline nigel

« Reply #993 on: May 20, 2022, 07:16:07 AM »
Phillips has had a dreadful season. Not the only English player post the Euros to struggle but form and fitness have been really poor. I watched some of their game v Man City recently and he was completely anonymous. Provided little or no cover to their defence either.

Obviously is a decent player, used to have great battles with Grealish in the championship and has done well with England at times. Man United have a glaring hole at CM so it's his most likely destination if Leeds go down.

Hasn’t he been quoted as saying he’d never go there in respect of Leeds massive rivalry with them?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #994 on: May 20, 2022, 08:10:30 AM »
Didn't Alan Smith say that?

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #995 on: May 20, 2022, 08:14:17 AM »

Yes but there is a difference. Smith wasn’t a Leeds fan as a kid (Liverpool fan I think) despite being a local lad. Phillips is from a family of staunch Leeds fans and knows he’d trash his legacy if he joined Man Utd.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #996 on: May 20, 2022, 08:29:25 AM »
I am a little concerned by the Suarez rumours.  Mostly because I dont think he is the answer to what we need.  He would be a useful squad player and people will learn from him but I worry it will leave us over staffed in that area and maybe block the route through for some players - unless we cash in on Watkins

I dont think it will be a huge overhaul, as I dont think our squad is that bad - the DCM, maybe competition for Konsa, a CF and maybe some backup for a few position. 

Players like McGinn and Mings - I really struggle to think well find better players that are willing to come. 

My biggest concern is our struggle to break teams down and take our chances.  Defensively we're ok and will be better with a DCM.  But in the final third it feels more about getting us to work.  I find it strange that so much effort is put into trying to get Ings and Watkins working together, but not emi and PC - as for my money Emi & PC are much better players and if we could get them working together it could be amazing

I think for that to work we would need a top CF though - but to do that we would need to move on one of Ings or Watkins

To be honest if you look at the squads I would only say that out of our direct competition - its only Wolves and Leicester that I look at and say they have more than 1 or 2 players that I rate above ours

I would expect, given a pre-season and even without any more new signings that SG should be able to take what we have to 11 or above

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #997 on: May 20, 2022, 08:34:12 AM »

Yes but there is a difference. Smith wasn’t a Leeds fan as a kid (Liverpool fan I think) despite being a local lad. Phillips is from a family of staunch Leeds fans and knows he’d trash his legacy if he joined Man Utd.

Ah, fair enough. We will see, I suppose.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #998 on: May 20, 2022, 08:38:36 AM »
Defensive midfielder and a striker are key signings this summer. Everything else is secondary.

People saying that Mings isn't good enough need their heads looking at. He's been immense for us lately, and how many clangers has he dropped for England when he has decent protection in front of him? I think if Gerrard gets that midfield functioning, it could make us quite a formidably tight unit to play against.

Up front is another area. I like Watkins and Ings, but despite the effort being there, for some reason they just haven't been firing this season. Ollie last night was woeful.... Every touch pretty much bounced off him. Not sure what's happened to him compared to last season? Maybe he just needs a reset over the summer, but I think with players such as Coutinho and Buendia feeding our supply line, we need better quality up front to make the most of this.

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #999 on: May 20, 2022, 08:48:13 AM »

Ah, fair enough. We will see, I suppose.

Yep, still not sure I’d want him for £60m, based on this season’s form and injury record. That said, if rumours of a £25m relegation release clause are true, he’d be an absolute snip at that price.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1000 on: May 20, 2022, 08:52:22 AM »

My club, my city?

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #1001 on: May 20, 2022, 09:46:50 AM »
Juventus linked with Pogba and Jorginho, I wonder if there was anything in the previous links to Weston McKennie and we’d be back in for him?
Is he more an 8 rather than the fabled DM?

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1002 on: May 20, 2022, 09:48:31 AM »
Sign Pogba on a free, sell for £89m, sign Pogba on a free. Fucking hell.

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #1003 on: May 20, 2022, 09:56:49 AM »
Sign Pogba on a free, sell for £89m, sign Pogba on a free. Fucking hell.

Nice work isn’t it?!!

Offline sid1964

« Reply #1004 on: May 20, 2022, 10:52:48 AM »
If Bamford became available from Leeds we should be 1st club in the queue to sign him, they can have Ings in part exchange.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal