collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:25:58 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 09:24:55 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by LeeB
[Today at 09:16:30 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by dicedlam
[Today at 09:16:24 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:16:23 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 09:14:52 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by WarszaVillan
[Today at 09:13:51 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Chris Smith
[Today at 09:06:44 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 792006 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #720 on: May 12, 2022, 11:21:36 AM »
Someone mentioned that Gerrard and Coutinho share the same agent.  Any Ideas which other players are signed up as it may be a clue to where we (Gerrard) has influence and potential future signings.
If that is our recruitment strategy, what the f**k does Lange actually do?!
You know how we're buying Coutinho for like €20m rather than the €40m we'd previously said we'd pay Barcelona for him?  And how even €40m seemed ludicrously cheap in January?  That type of thing, I imagine.

Have to say, that degree of market savvy and exploiting Barcelona's financial situation (they want to book the money in this year's accounts, apparently) is impressive.

I'd also like to see us move some players on for actual money, too. Remember that decade plus of never really selling players, just watching them run down their contracts and never using them?

Offline danno

« Reply #721 on: May 12, 2022, 11:29:17 AM »
Someone mentioned that Gerrard and Coutinho share the same agent.  Any Ideas which other players are signed up as it may be a clue to where we (Gerrard) has influence and potential future signings.
You know how we're buying Coutinho for like €20m rather than the €40m we'd previously said we'd pay Barcelona for him?  And how even €40m seemed ludicrously cheap in January?  That type of thing, I imagine.

Have to say, that degree of market savvy and exploiting Barcelona's financial situation (they want to book the money in this year's accounts, apparently) is impressive.

I'd also like to see us move some players on for actual money, too. Remember that decade plus of never really selling players, just watching them run down their contracts and never using them?

Wait, we can do that?!

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #722 on: May 12, 2022, 11:43:08 AM »

I thought €40m was a bargain but haggling them down to €20m and querying the payment structure is just taking the p!ss. Who's negotiating the deal for Barcelona, Neville Chamberlain?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #723 on: May 12, 2022, 12:07:13 PM »

I thought €40m was a bargain but haggling them down to €20m and querying the payment structure is just taking the p!ss. Who's negotiating the deal for Barcelona, Neville Chamberlain?

Peter Ridsdale

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #724 on: May 12, 2022, 12:09:50 PM »

Peter Ridsdale

Lord Frost.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #725 on: May 12, 2022, 01:00:40 PM »

Peter Ridsdale

Lord Frost.

JuSt GeT iT dOnE!!!

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #726 on: May 12, 2022, 01:10:40 PM »

I think we may have done that last summer....... ;-)

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #727 on: May 12, 2022, 03:53:00 PM »

I think we may have done that last summer....... ;-)

Ahah, but I didn't say aforementioned decade ended last year.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #728 on: May 12, 2022, 04:04:34 PM »

That negative view of NC is very unfair.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #729 on: May 12, 2022, 08:12:06 PM »

“As we look to build towards next season, it is incredible to work at a club that executes its business so decisively and smoothly.”

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #730 on: May 12, 2022, 08:19:06 PM »
If Leeds drop, I think he'll go all out for Kalvin Phillips. Can't say I've been that impressed with him this season tbh, but who knows what he could do under Gerrard's stewardship?

After literally YEARS of failing to sort it, Defensive midfielder has to be the club's #1 priority this summer. Forget everything else until that position is filled (maybe with an understudy too!).

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #731 on: May 12, 2022, 08:40:03 PM »
I saw somewhere he had a 25m release clause if Leeds go down - I’m sure we wouldn’t be his only suitors though.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #732 on: May 12, 2022, 10:53:57 PM »
Being linked with a move Calvin Bassey to provide competition for Digne.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #733 on: May 12, 2022, 10:57:11 PM »

Who? 🧐

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #734 on: May 12, 2022, 11:04:02 PM »

Shirley we can do better than that?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal