collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 783887 times)

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #660 on: May 10, 2022, 01:07:46 PM »
Been much better lately, but would definitely take £50m. Be a healthy profit on FFP and would allow us to sign other players.

I'd be happy to see us have Ings and Suarez (free transfer) with more opportunities given to Archer and Davis. Spend the cash on more combative midfielders.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #661 on: May 10, 2022, 01:10:30 PM »
Ings and Suarez are too similar. We already struggle when teams set up to close us down from goal kicks, we need an outlet up front so we can vary them.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #662 on: May 10, 2022, 01:10:54 PM »
Watkins would be a fair way down the list of players I'd like to see go out. I get all the objections about him but he works his tits off and has got to double figures 2 years in a row despite having, according to many on here, a really poor second season. If he wants to go and we're getting offers of double what we paid then of course we have to listen to them but if he isn't pushing for it I'd want his repalcement in for a few months first to ensure they're up to speed.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #663 on: May 10, 2022, 01:16:23 PM »
Watkins would be a fair way down the list of players I'd like to see go out. I get all the objections about him but he works his tits off and has got to double figures 2 years in a row despite having, according to many on here, a really poor second season. If he wants to go and we're getting offers of double what we paid then of course we have to listen to them but if he isn't pushing for it I'd want his repalcement in for a few months first to ensure they're up to speed.

Same for me, but it's one of those where there's good money on the table and it might free up resouces where they're needed more.

Plus, I wonder if they're thinking Buendia/Coutinho situation could be resolved by playing both with a centre forward more suited to exploit their skills and allow them to play together.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #664 on: May 10, 2022, 01:18:26 PM »
We don't need to free up resources. Just keep spending.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #665 on: May 10, 2022, 01:19:36 PM »
I wouldn't be letting Watkins go either. He's just getting to that age where he'll start to get even better and more consistent. I don't think it would happen anyway unless the offer was ridiclous. Gerrard seems to like him.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #666 on: May 10, 2022, 01:29:27 PM »

Same for me, but it's one of those where there's good money on the table and it might free up resouces where they're needed more.

Plus, I wonder if they're thinking Buendia/Coutinho situation could be resolved by playing both with a centre forward more suited to exploit their skills and allow them to play together.

I sort of agree with that but as I said if he isn't pushing to talk to them I'm not sure letting our top scorer leave in the hope that we can replace with better is a big risk given the amount of strikers who struggle in their first season after a move.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #667 on: May 10, 2022, 01:38:17 PM »

I sort of agree with that but as I said if he isn't pushing to talk to them I'm not sure letting our top scorer leave in the hope that we can replace with better is a big risk given the amount of strikers who struggle in their first season after a move.

I tend to agree.

Maybe they've had an epiphany and decided Keinan is the man.

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #668 on: May 10, 2022, 02:06:13 PM »

I tend to agree.

Maybe they've had an epiphany and decided Keinan is the man.

What does epiphany mean. Is it the same as aberration?  :o

Offline rooboy316

• GM : 27.09.2024
« Reply #669 on: May 10, 2022, 02:11:52 PM »
Ings/Suarez type short term relatively cheap signing with Archer and Keinan (big if he can stay fit for any length of time) coming through. This is more than adequate if we move to 1 up front, and means the younguns have a clear pathway in when they are ready. Also means we can play both Buendia and Phil.

Make a big profit on Ollie for FFP, and use it towards the best DCM gettable.

Actually no, I've changed my mind. I really like Ollie and want him to kick on... he can lead the line for us for a number of years to come.

I don't know.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #670 on: May 10, 2022, 02:14:56 PM »
Archer and Abraham.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #671 on: May 10, 2022, 02:45:33 PM »
I'd absolutely love Tammy back, but we missed that boat unfortunately.  He's flying at Roma and I can't see why he'd want to leave.  If he did, I think it would be for a London club.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #672 on: May 10, 2022, 02:50:22 PM »
Again, why is Suarez even getting a mention?

I wouldn't be against Watkins moving on for the reported fee. Get Tammy Abraham back.

Offline rooboy316

• GM : 27.09.2024
« Reply #673 on: May 10, 2022, 03:15:06 PM »
Assume Abraham would cost a shiteload more… otherwise west ham would just buy him instead of Watkins.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #674 on: May 10, 2022, 03:36:48 PM »
Again, why is Suarez even getting a mention?

I wouldn't be against Watkins moving on for the reported fee. Get Tammy Abraham back.

Suarez gets mentioned because he's out of contract this summer, and Gerrard rated him extremely highly when they were at Livepool, and given we signed Coutinho off the back of the Gerrard relationship, people assume we will be Suarez's next destination.  I very much doubt it, personally.  He'll want to play regularly up until the world cup at least, and I don't see him getting that here, not at 35.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal