collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 793844 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #585 on: May 06, 2022, 10:46:42 AM »
Merson says Man City doesn't fit Grealish and I totally agree that Grealish won't be able to adapt to the style of play and thought like Merson
I can see JG back here on loan in another season or signed back in 3

Alvarez is coming in and he far more suits Man City style but if they sign a striker or Alvarez plays up front this would benefit Jack possibly , well for assists but just don't think he should waste more than another season of his career there.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12605276/jack-grealish-doesnt-fit-in-at-manchester-city-and-they-might-sell-their-100m-man

What does that have to do with our summer transfer dealings? Your Grealish obsession is a bit odd.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #586 on: May 06, 2022, 10:56:12 AM »
Grealish will be at City next season - 100%.  There's no way Pep is admitting defeat that quickly and no way Jack is leaving without at least a few medals in his back pocket to justify his move.

I think he'll be good for them next season, but if not then summer 23 is when there could be a move.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #587 on: May 06, 2022, 10:57:11 AM »
Merson says Man City doesn't fit Grealish and I totally agree that Grealish won't be able to adapt to the style of play and thought like Merson

Alvarez is coming in and he far more suits Man City style but if they sign a striker or Alvarez plays up front this would benefit Jack possibly , well for assists but just don't think he should waste more than another season of his career there.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12605276/jack-grealish-doesnt-fit-in-at-manchester-city-and-they-might-sell-their-100m-man

What does that have to do with our summer transfer dealings? Your Grealish obsession is a bit odd.

Because one day he'll be back. He said it himself.
Maybe there's a clause? wouldn't surprise me maybe merson is hinting something. I mean Zaha went back to Palace . He'll be back playing one day for us

"It’s a club that is so close to my heart and I definitely hope to go back there.That’s always been in my mind. Ashley Young has done it and I want to do the same, 100 per cent.”

So not so odd when you think about it.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #588 on: May 06, 2022, 10:58:09 AM »
Grealish will be at City next season - 100%.  There's no way Pep is admitting defeat that quickly and no way Jack is leaving without at least a few medals in his back pocket to justify his move.

I think he'll be good for them next season, but if not then summer 23 is when there could be a move.

And he'd only come here. So we'll have the conversation again in next summer's window

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #589 on: May 06, 2022, 11:02:41 AM »

And he'd only come here. So we'll have the conversation again in next summer's window
No, I think he'll go abroad but if not to Chelsea or Arsenal.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #590 on: May 06, 2022, 11:04:04 AM »
Ndidi as a target - quoted for 50m in some news today. Surprisingly only 24, I thought he was older

Must be a piece of piss being a Villa scout: just watch Match of the Day.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #591 on: May 06, 2022, 11:04:18 AM »
Grealish can fuck off, and when he's fucked off, he can fuck off some more.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #592 on: May 06, 2022, 11:04:41 AM »

No, I think he'll go abroad but if not to Chelsea or Arsenal.

I don't want him back. He walked out and shat on us.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #593 on: May 06, 2022, 11:04:55 AM »
I'd have him back in a heatbeat.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #594 on: May 06, 2022, 11:06:17 AM »
Citeh won't sell Grealish back to us; it'd be too embarrassing for them - a big loss of face.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #595 on: May 06, 2022, 11:08:15 AM »
Citeh won't sell Grealish back to us; it'd be too embarrassing for them - a big loss of face.

Nah, they'd be fine with it. Zaha went back to Palace from United. In fact, people talk about him as if he never left.

richtheholtender

« Reply #596 on: May 06, 2022, 11:14:14 AM »

Maybe there's a clause? wouldn't surprise me maybe merson is hinting something. I mean Zaha went back to Palace . He'll be back playing one day for us

"It’s a club that is so close to my heart and I definitely hope to go back there.That’s always been in my mind. Ashley Young has done it and I want to do the same, 100 per cent.”

God I hope not

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #597 on: May 06, 2022, 11:23:17 AM »

But I don't get it, well I do. You didn't have a good word to say about him whilst he as here and you still don't. Its all just weird.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #598 on: May 06, 2022, 11:24:22 AM »

He needs to come 🏠

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #599 on: May 06, 2022, 11:32:00 AM »
Even if we do sign Quisling, it won't be this summer so he doesn't need to dominate the "Summer 2022 Transfer Thread" when he already has a thread in "Other Football". It's getting nearly as sad as the Heathens' Bellingham obsession.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal