collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 793025 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #555 on: April 30, 2022, 09:25:49 AM »
If someone offered 50 million, I assume they would see him as better than someone they already had
How many teams have that money to spend on a player that a few on here want to ditch ?
Certainly not the cause or root of all of our problems
For much of this season he has had problems retaining the football or managing to pass to a Villa shirt.

Not a problem with Scotland. I don't know why.

Because most of Scotland's games have been against absolute dross.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #556 on: April 30, 2022, 09:36:56 AM »
If he wants to go to the Black Country Living Museum it’s just over the road from me and as a member I have vouchers for mates’ rates for him.

It's where people from Wolverhampton go to see what life will be like in the future.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #557 on: April 30, 2022, 01:15:57 PM »
Gerrard looking for leaders and possibly a new captain
Henderson perhaps? James Tavernier of Rangers ?
On captaincy SG said
"We are still working that out. I still won’t rule out the option of someone coming in, who I know, who is also capable of being in the running. It is something I am analysing really closely now and I will make a decision some time during pre-season.”

Henderson? Behave.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #558 on: April 30, 2022, 01:27:32 PM »
More like Milner!

Wijnaldum?

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #559 on: May 01, 2022, 05:41:29 AM »
Gerrard looking for leaders and possibly a new captain
Henderson perhaps? James Tavernier of Rangers ?
On captaincy SG said
"We are still working that out. I still won’t rule out the option of someone coming in, who I know, who is also capable of being in the running. It is something I am analysing really closely now and I will make a decision some time during pre-season.”

Henderson? Behave.

Because he wouldn't come or due to not rating the captain of possibly the best (spit!) team in the world?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #560 on: May 01, 2022, 08:10:50 AM »
Because he wouldn't come to us. He's only 31 and still a key part of a team competing for every trophy in the game, every year.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #561 on: May 02, 2022, 10:44:26 AM »
I guess, by the Law of Averages, we're eventually going to make a success of one these Transfer Window thingy's.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #562 on: May 02, 2022, 11:04:33 AM »
Because he wouldn't come to us. He's only 31 and still a key part of a team competing for every trophy in the game, every year.

Too old at that age... 😉

When there was talk of a contractual impasse I wondered of it might be a goer but nah, it's not happening.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #563 on: May 02, 2022, 11:43:15 AM »
Our deficiencies are being a bit too open defensively in midfield after our first press has been beaten. We let sides carry it far too deep before we recover, which places extra pressure on the centre of defence. It also exposes gaps that full backs have vacated.

Generally when we're set, we have a nice defensive shape, but the turnover is where we're weakest.

For me it's not just somebody who can add physical presence and put their foot in, but somebody with recovery pace too.

The other issue is how cheaply we treat the ball at times. We can mask some of the problems above by keeping it better. This will.benefit the likes of Coutinho etc, as we'll spend more of the game feeding possession through him than not.

I want us to press like the Scousers do. Two athletic midfielders who can screen and use the ball efficiently are absolutely critical.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #564 on: May 02, 2022, 05:44:35 PM »
Our deficiencies are being a bit too open defensively in midfield after our first press has been beaten. We let sides carry it far too deep before we recover, which places extra pressure on the centre of defence. It also exposes gaps that full backs have vacated.

Generally when we're set, we have a nice defensive shape, but the turnover is where we're weakest.

For me it's not just somebody who can add physical presence and put their foot in, but somebody with recovery pace too.

The other issue is how cheaply we treat the ball at times. We can mask some of the problems above by keeping it better. This will.benefit the likes of Coutinho etc, as we'll spend more of the game feeding possession through him than not.

I want us to press like the Scousers do. Two athletic midfielders who can screen and use the ball efficiently are absolutely critical.

This is pretty much my thoughts. I think with 2 such sitters we could look at playing 4-2-3-1 which then also allows us to get Coutinho and Bunedia into the same side. I’ve said it previously that I think Renato Sanches (whilst requiring some work) could be a very useful one of those 2 sitters.

Offline murgsy

« Reply #565 on: May 05, 2022, 01:15:31 PM »
Ndidi as a target - quoted for 50m in some news today. Surprisingly only 24, I thought he was older

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #566 on: May 05, 2022, 01:39:16 PM »
I guess we'll be linked with pretty much every decent DM accross Europe outside of the elite players.

FWIW I'd take Ndidi, he's a decent player but he'd come with a big price tag.  I'll let others argue about that.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #567 on: May 05, 2022, 02:35:30 PM »
If I was being greedy I'd like 2 DMs and another box-to-box or more attacking option.

I'm basing this on expecting Sanson and Luiz to go which leaves us with just McGinn and Ramsey as the 8s and Nakamba as a 6. 2 more players happy to play 6 and another option at 8 gives us loads of flexibility in how we setup in midfield. If one of those DMs can also cover as the 4th CB then great and if the attacking player could also play at 10/wide again I'd be very happy with the flexibility that would give us.

After that I'd want a replacement for Targett (assuming he leaves) and someone who can play as a target man. I guess we need a backup keeper as well, assuming Steer wants to go (hopefully we keep Olsen for another year and give him and Sinisalo a chance to fight it out for the bench spot).

I haven't watched enough football in the last year or so to have any idea who though but I really like the look of Boubacar Kamara on a free and Jonathan David and Nonu Madueke look exceptional young players.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #568 on: May 05, 2022, 02:38:39 PM »
Christopher Nkunku playing for RB Leipzig vs Rangers tonight someone to keep eyes on. Very decent player. Wants to leave this summer. Attacking flair player. 24 would be wonderful

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #569 on: May 05, 2022, 02:56:50 PM »
Matthias Ginter has gone back to Freiburg

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal