collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 783871 times)

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #435 on: April 23, 2022, 11:49:33 AM »
Fulham being linked with Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic Savic probably nothing in it but he’d be a serious midfield upgrade for us.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #436 on: April 23, 2022, 12:11:13 PM »
Fulham being linked with Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic Savic probably nothing in it but he’d be a serious midfield upgrade for us.

I'm not sure, he's a very good player but he'd take the role that Ramsey has in the team and I reckon that's the least of our worries in there.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #437 on: April 23, 2022, 12:34:39 PM »

I'm not sure, he's a very good player but he'd take the role that Ramsey has in the team and I reckon that's the least of our worries in there.

Don’t disagree regarding Ramsey but competition and arguably better than McGinn/Luiz. By no means a priority position but sometimes if a player becomes available
who wouldn’t normally be for whatever reason and who’s an upgrade it might happen. We’ve done it in the not too distant past with Sanson and Digne.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #438 on: April 24, 2022, 12:02:53 PM »
It's possible that we were looking at Duje Caleta-Car as well as Boubacar Kamara from Marseille according to today's rumours.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #439 on: April 24, 2022, 04:36:52 PM »
I'd like to see in a centre forward and a defensive midfielder, minimum.
Then I'd like a 4-2-1-3
Defence as they are (if no serious upgrades are available).
Midfield 2 = The new guy & Tim/Marvellous.
Midfield 1 = Ramsey/McGinn/Luiz
Forward 3 = The new guy and what we have, plus Cameron.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #440 on: April 24, 2022, 05:00:30 PM »
It's possible that we were looking at Duje Caleta-Car as well as Boubacar Kamara from Marseille according to today's rumours.

Some hack saw the camera pan to Gerrard, Lange and Purslow during Marseille's midweek game and have plucked a couple of possibilities out of the air.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #441 on: April 24, 2022, 08:13:28 PM »

Some hack saw the camera pan to Gerrard, Lange and Purslow during Marseille's midweek game and have plucked a couple of possibilities out of the air.

I doubt that all three of them would have made the trip without good reason. I would assume that’s the last stage of finalizing a target. And we know we’ve been after a DM.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #442 on: April 24, 2022, 08:26:35 PM »

I doubt that all three of them would have made the trip without good reason. I would assume that’s the last stage of finalizing a target. And we know we’ve been after a DM.

Boubacar Kamara is out of contract in the summer and can therefore sign an agreement with aclub outside France right now, Purslow being there for the scouting trip makes him the most obvious target I think, and I hope that's the case.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #443 on: April 24, 2022, 08:46:41 PM »

Boubacar Kamara is out of contract in the summer and can therefore sign an agreement with aclub outside France right now, Purslow being there for the scouting trip makes him the most obvious target I think, and I hope that's the case.
Yes hopefully.  But i do wonder if CP was just there so they can discuss things more generally - probably difficult to get the three of them to find time, and a flight, meal and match would be a good time - plus scouting

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #444 on: April 24, 2022, 08:58:59 PM »
Yes hopefully.  But i do wonder if CP was just there so they can discuss things more generally - probably difficult to get the three of them to find time, and a flight, meal and match would be a good time - plus scouting

Sounds plausible, just surprised someone hasn't tried to claim it was a 'PR stunt' by Purslow.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2022, 10:40:47 AM »
Wishlist...

Andre Silva (RB Leipzig)
Moussa Diaby (Leverkusen)
Josef Martinez (Atlanta)
Rafa Silva (Benfica)
Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig)
Teun Koopmeiners (Atalanta)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #446 on: April 25, 2022, 11:02:22 AM »
If Kamara is our number one target for the defensive midfielder and we sign him on a free, that's £50m that could be used elsewhere.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #447 on: April 25, 2022, 11:20:48 AM »
If Kamara is our number one target for the defensive midfielder and we sign him on a free, that's £50m that could be used elsewhere.

That's a big part of the reqason why he's my first choice, means we can pick up 3 players in the £30-50m range (including Coutinho) and really change the spine of the team.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #448 on: April 25, 2022, 11:31:10 AM »

That's a big part of the reqason why he's my first choice, means we can pick up 3 players in the £30-50m range (including Coutinho) and really change the spine of the team.

Agree, and with Marvellous to come back (who was a revelation under Gerrard prior to getting injured) and Iroegbunan to develop we would look a lot stronger. It would also allow us to dump Luiz and bring in £15-20m to chuck in the pot for transfers elsewhere.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #449 on: April 25, 2022, 12:30:08 PM »

I think considering how badly we need a quality player there and how long we've waited i'd be happy for us to get Kamara on a free and spend up to £50m on another of the same type. If one's shit and one's good at least we will have sorted the position. There might be games where we would be wise to play the 2 anyway, if they're both good.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal