collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 793140 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #2880 on: July 04, 2022, 01:55:16 PM »
El Ghazi was the victim of signing for a club who only a few days changed their manager and then didn't fit into the thoughts of the new manager.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2881 on: July 04, 2022, 02:02:59 PM »
El Ghazi was the victim of signing for a club who only a few days changed their manager and then didn't fit into the thoughts of the new manager.
Absolutely.  It felt almost like Lampard didn't want to give him a chance out of principal.  In fairness they did have Anthony Gordon hit good form at around that time.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #2882 on: July 04, 2022, 02:06:18 PM »
They also had about 50 other wingers on the books at the time.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #2883 on: July 04, 2022, 02:17:57 PM »
I like El Ghazi, there are not many wingers with his premier league goal output available for anything like the price he will be sold for. A solid signing for any promoted club, top end Championship club or anywhere in Turkey, Netherlands, France.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2884 on: July 04, 2022, 02:21:33 PM »
Absolutely.  It felt almost like Lampard didn't want to give him a chance out of principal.  In fairness they did have Anthony Gordon hit good form at around that time.
Just because he scored the goal to stop his team getting promoted :-)

V v wierd that he never got a chance with the predicament they were in for 2 months after he arrived

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2885 on: July 04, 2022, 03:37:54 PM »
It shows how below par his all round game is sadly, that a player who the season before last got 10 goals (the same as Sterling, Pepe, Cavani and Antonio) now can't get even get into a really poor Everton side.

I think given Everton stayed up by the skin of their bollocks they could have done with him as they spiralled towards relegation. He’s better off the bench than players like Andros Townsend and Iwobi.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2886 on: July 04, 2022, 04:05:17 PM »
A lot of those 10 goals (half or more?) were penalties. Some howitzers too though, that pinger against Palace on Boxing Day and the beautiful curler at Goodison.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #2887 on: July 04, 2022, 04:21:02 PM »
El Ghazi's issue for me was too many shots, too few assists.  He took the shot more often than not, even when a pass was the better option, which meant he got some goals, wasted lots of opportunities, and failed to get as many assists as he ought to have.

With coaching to improve his decision making he would probably have less goals himself but a higher overall goal contribution and be more effective.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2888 on: July 04, 2022, 04:27:27 PM »
A lot of those 10 goals (half or more?) were penalties. Some howitzers too though, that pinger against Palace on Boxing Day and the beautiful curler at Goodison.

I loved that goal at the Hawthorns in the Championship, where he kind of hits it the way Hot Shot Hamish would in Roy of the Rovers, with mad swazz.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2889 on: July 04, 2022, 04:27:32 PM »
El Ghazi's issue for me was too many shots, too few assists.  He took the shot more often than not, even when a pass was the better option, which meant he got some goals, wasted lots of opportunities, and failed to get as many assists as he ought to have.

With coaching to improve his decision making he would probably have less goals himself but a higher overall goal contribution and be more effective.
He is a very limited footballer and whilst I am grateful for some telling contributions he has made in the past, I think it is best he moved on.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2890 on: July 04, 2022, 05:09:14 PM »

Taking shots at every opportunity and being direct was the main thing I liked about him
But he is another one of those frustrating players mainly forwards that can be great at times and look top-class but Not often enough
He’s not good enough or consistent enough for us if we are to make a challenge for top bits of the prem (8-4)

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #2891 on: July 04, 2022, 05:13:23 PM »
I’m definitely all for him going, I was just talking about him in general.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2892 on: July 04, 2022, 05:22:28 PM »

He is a very limited footballer and whilst I am grateful for some telling contributions he has made in the past, I think it is best he moved on.

I think he'd be a fantastic asset for Norwich.

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #2893 on: July 04, 2022, 05:34:52 PM »

Taking shots at every opportunity and being direct was the main thing I liked about him
But he is another one of those frustrating players mainly forwards that can be great at times and look top-class but Not often enough
He’s not good enough or consistent enough for us if we are to make a challenge for top bits of the prem (8-4)

More often than not he wasn't hitting the target though. The game at VP the season before last was it Burnley? When we had something like 27 attempts on goal and still didn't win. Most were shots missed by him.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2894 on: July 04, 2022, 08:06:32 PM »

More often than not he wasn't hitting the target though. The game at VP the season before last was it Burnley? When we had something like 27 attempts on goal and still didn't win. Most were shots missed by him.

Yeah I know that’s why I said he isn’t good enough
I just like a player that has a go is direct instead of pissing about losing the ball, of all his weaknesses and he had many I don’t think his directness was one of them

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal