collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Loanwatch 2021/22  (Read 30163 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Loanwatch 2021/22
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2022, 12:09:56 PM »
Wilder is wily no doubt

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2022, 01:09:03 PM »
Get in Davis, he’s done well there so far.

He's quite popular with the fans (I have a couple of Forest-supporting mates), but he's played in four games and they've won all of them, so the whole team is popular with the fans right now.

If he carries on like this to the end of the season and gets himself 5 or 6 goals, he'll have done well and will have more than a few suitors wanting to take him.  If he can push on and get 8 or 9 goals he could demand quite a reasonable fee I would imagine.

Or play for us.

I like Keinan a lot, and I've defended him an awful lot on here, and I do think he has decent potential, but I suspect that as far as him becoming a regular first-team player for us goes, that ship has now sailed.

I still think that he has sufficient raw ability and the physical attributes to play in the premier league, but it's more that I think we're now shopping at a much higher level.  I think the next centre-forward we bring in will be a 'big' one.  Keinan might come back and be part of the squad, but I don't imagine at 23/24 he's going to want that, especially having tasted regular first-team football in the top half of the championship.

I imagine next season, if we still look like playing the same formation, we'll have four proper forwards in the first-team squad, someone new, plus Ings (or?) Watkins, and then Archer/Barry/Chuk Snr as 4th choice.  I just don't see how he fits in, short of having a ridiculously good half-season at Forest, getting into double figures with goals, which MIGHT be enough for Gerrard to take another look at him.

For me, I think the loan is good for him personally and professionally, but it's also good for us as it raises his value and helps with FFP when he goes (given any fee will be all profit). 

Dominic Solanke cost Bournemouth £20m having scored one single goal for Liverpool.  Rhian Brewster got a £25m move to Sheff United off the back of scoring 10 goals in a six-month loan at Swansea in the Championship.  I'm not saying Keinan is at their level, but forwards are worth a LOT, and if he can get a few more goals before the season ends, he could easily be worth a few million in the summer.

Offline darren woolley

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2022, 01:26:16 PM »
I'm pleased for Keinan for scoring his first Notts Forest goal.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2022, 02:51:27 PM »
Notts Forest

Oooh the locals would not be happy with that  ;)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2022, 10:02:48 PM »
Dream start for Cam at PNE. A goal on his debut for them vs Sandwell Town.

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2022, 03:28:40 PM »
Louie Barry potentially joining Swindon Town on loan

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2022, 03:36:09 PM »
Louie Barry potentially joining Swindon Town on loan
This could be a good move.  There will be lots of love and encouragement from their fans following the Kessler loan so hopefully it will give him the confidence to express himself and shine.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2022, 03:44:38 PM »
I fear that if he does not find a club soon he could be one that is lost to the game

Shame as i think he has got what it takes he just needs the right "fit"

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2022, 04:11:21 PM »
Barry's got superstar written all over him. Looks, hair, confidence, and undoubted ability. It'd be a crying shame if he failed to exploit it.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2022, 04:20:19 PM »
He's 18 years old

Offline Smithy

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2022, 04:23:31 PM »
I fear that if he does not find a club soon he could be one that is lost to the game

I think we're at least a couple of years from him being lost to the game! The kid is still only 18, two years younger than Cameron Archer, and how many of us (barring Leeg) were predicting the rise he's had a year ago?  He has plenty of time on his side.

He might not be developing at the speed of the others from last year's FA Youth Cup team, but he could be growing physically until he's 21, and he's shown enough at the levels he played at that I'm confident the club will keep him around at least until that age.

A loan move would be great for him if he gets some game time.  Not sure he gets that at Swindon though? - they have two forwards already in double figures for the season, and have just signed another young striker from Charlton on loan.  Would he even play?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 04:35:13 PM by Smithy »

Offline jwarry

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2022, 05:00:13 PM »

I think we're at least a couple of years from him being lost to the game! The kid is still only 18, two years younger than Cameron Archer, and how many of us (barring Leeg) were predicting the rise he's had a year ago?  He has plenty of time on his side.

He might not be developing at the speed of the others from last year's FA Youth Cup team, but he could be growing physically until he's 21, and he's shown enough at the levels he played at that I'm confident the club will keep him around at least until that age.

A loan move would be great for him if he gets some game time.  Not sure he gets that at Swindon though? - they have two forwards already in double figures for the season, and have just signed another young striker from Charlton on loan.  Would he even play?

That’s pretty impressive research Smithy, unless you’re a Swindon fan of course!

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2022, 05:09:39 PM »
He could be a 21st century Gary Shaw. He's a natural, I hope we get to see the very best of him.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2022, 05:34:49 PM »

That’s pretty impressive research Smithy, unless you’re a Swindon fan of course!

A guy who works for me is a Swindon fan, and to be honest I've always switched off whenever he talked about them and their woes (I had enough to be worrying about as a Villa fan the past decade or so), but when Hayden-Kessler joined I started paying much more attention when he told me what was happening with them.  I tend to keep one eye on the results and form of all the teams our young players are at, but with Swindon this year it's been fed to me pretty relentlessly...  And having made the mistake of actually being interested in the first half of the season, I'm unlikely to find it easy to switch him off now!

Offline nordenvillain

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2022, 05:40:13 PM »

After the farce of his loan at Ipswich,  I'm confident that the Jedi and Gerard will have had serious chats with the Swindon hierarchy regarding his potential to get decent game time during his loan. As has been said before, Swindon treated KKH well earlier this season, advanced his match time stats and gained kudos with the Villa hierarchy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal