collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Gareth
[Today at 08:33:33 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 08:32:13 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 08:31:53 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bottle Job  (Read 9025 times)

Offline Scott Nielsen

Re: Bottle Job
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2022, 01:09:01 PM »
Football Manager fans may remember Kennedy Bakircioglu catching and downing a beer thrown from the stands.

Never gets old (and a nice goal too):

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2022, 01:28:51 PM »
Quite honestly I'm just surprised Klopp hasn't claimed it hit one of his players.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2022, 01:38:14 PM »
I didn’t like stuff thrown at the players, but i also didn’t like our player lying down on the pitch like he’d been shot. Also lets not act all holier than thou because I’ve seen our fans throw stuff onto pitches as well. It’s just things that happen in the heat of the moment really. Not good but not the end of the world either.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2022, 03:37:54 PM »
Fans spend 90 minutes calling players wankers and the second a player gives them a little wink or a smirk they lose their shit.
I am sorry but players have NO right to have a go at fans. Fans in the ground pay their money, players are there to perform. However there is no way fans should be throwing stuff to harm players.

In what other job should people be expected to accept constant abuse without telling them to shush?  People pay nurses wages, you get in a taxi and pay his wages in a way.
Not the same thing. Poor analogy.

Online The Edge

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2022, 03:57:55 PM »
I didn’t like stuff thrown at the players, but i also didn’t like our player lying down on the pitch like he’d been shot. Also lets not act all holier than thou because I’ve seen our fans throw stuff onto pitches as well. It’s just things that happen in the heat of the moment really. Not good but not the end of the world either.
A full bottle of pop with the lid on hurled from the stands would bloody hurt if it whacked you on the head so he had every right to go down. It's way worse than "not good" it's a very worrying trend that has crept into the game again recently. It needs to be taken seriously and the guilty ones given a lengthy ban. It is also a criminal offence for which he should be arrested. If someone threw a bottle at your head in the street you'd want them dealt with by the law surely?

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2022, 04:04:07 PM »
Fans spend 90 minutes calling players wankers and the second a player gives them a little wink or a smirk they lose their shit.
I am sorry but players have NO right to have a go at fans. Fans in the ground pay their money, players are there to perform. However there is no way fans should be throwing stuff to harm players.

In what other job should people be expected to accept constant abuse without telling them to shush?  People pay nurses wages, you get in a taxi and pay his wages in a way.

So because fans contribute a small percentage of their own teams wages, opposition players can't cheer or celebrate in their general direction? What a load of nonsense.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2022, 04:08:00 PM »
A full bottle of pop with the lid on hurled from the stands would bloody hurt if it whacked you on the head so he had every right to go down. It's way worse than "not good" it's a very worrying trend that has crept into the game again recently. It needs to be taken seriously and the guilty ones given a lengthy ban. It is also a criminal offence for which he should be arrested. If someone threw a bottle at your head in the street you'd want them dealt with by the law surely?

Nah, he'd just get up and walk on. Just one of those things isn't it?

Online The Edge

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2022, 04:11:37 PM »

So because fans contribute a small percentage of their own teams wages, opposition players can't cheer or celebrate in their general direction? What a load of nonsense.
They were just celebrating a goal at the end it went in. There was no goading of their fans. That rat face Jamie Vardy scored in front of the Holte and gave us the full cupped ear celebration but no-one threw anything at him and nor should they.He got a lot of verbal abuse which was justified though.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2022, 04:20:09 PM »

I think that’s a bit precious too be honest. I’ve got no problem with players giving a bit back to fans, especially given the level of abuse they’re subject to. If fans can’t handle getting it back they shouldn’t dish it out in the first place.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2022, 04:20:41 PM »
Give and take.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2022, 04:23:48 PM »

They were just celebrating a goal at the end it went in. There was no goading of their fans. That rat face Jamie Vardy scored in front of the Holte and gave us the full cupped ear celebration but no-one threw anything at him and nor should they.He got a lot of verbal abuse which was justified though.

Cash was looking at them pumping his arms, but it's totally fine! I've got no problem with Vardy doing that either, you call him a wanker all game, he cups his ear and laughs, then you call him a wanker even louder. If people can't take it without throwing things they really need to have a look at themselves.

If people think players shouldn't be allowed to go near or look at opposition fans whilst celebrating then they need to get out more.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2022, 04:40:01 PM »

I got hit by an flying bottle at V festival a few years ago. Caught me on the side of the head & believe me I almost felt like I HAD been shot!  It really hurt and & stunned me & for a few minutes I really didn’t think I was OK.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2022, 05:01:16 PM »
If you can't take it you shouldn't give it out.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2022, 05:14:42 PM »
I don't think I said that in my original reply. You need to read that. I said PLAYERS HAVE NO RIGHT TO HAVE A GO AT FANS. And my comment was general not about yesterday.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2022, 05:20:29 PM »

Really? I’d say it’s a awful thing to do at a football match and they should be banned for life. Why would they be play acting? What would the point of that be.

As for celebrating near their crowd, I don’t think that was the original intention and the players shouldn’t be blamed. They are caught in the moment. If people can’t handle it and have to resort to throwing bottles or whatever at them they really shouldn’t be allowed to be there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal