collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd post match thread  (Read 24075 times)

Offline Stu82

• GM : 29.09.2024
Re: Aston Villa 2-2 Bogey Team Utd post match thread
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2022, 07:35:51 PM »
Buendia's best game
He will be a star
Another 5 mins we win it

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2022, 07:36:07 PM »
Buendia is improving now he is fitter. Ramsey influences the game when he plays with more aggression.

Offline saint13

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2022, 07:36:17 PM »
Strange game really. Doesn't help when the goalie throws one in after 5 mins. It completely threw us for 30 mins when we were awful. Excellent thereafter with Sanson & Buendia having their best games in a Vila shirt. The front 2 are the big worry for me. Watkins was awful. Although very willing, his technical ability, (or lack of) is telling when it really matters.

I believe given time And Money Gerrard will get it right.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2022, 07:36:24 PM »
Buendia is really coming along nicely now

Yes, that was his best game for us.

A fully fit Coutinho and Buendia linking up is a very tasty prospect.

Ings has got to see a spell on the bench. He was totally anonymous. Again.

Offline p_ad

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2022, 07:36:50 PM »
At 0-2 I fucked off and walked the dog, pleasantly surprised doesn't cover it great comeback

Offline Damo70

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2022, 07:38:34 PM »
That little South American lad looks quite good, can we try to keep him?

Offline PhilVill

• Centre Right, but nice with it 😉😙
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2022, 07:39:00 PM »
Buendia had another great game and is really starting to look good now. This is surely the last game we see Ings and Watkins play as it simply doesn't work. There are signs of a really good side coming together but we still start games so slowly, if we can cut that out we'll win more games than we lose.

Offline Alex77

• GM : 19.11.2023
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2022, 07:39:04 PM »
Obviously positives to take from the performance and a great comeback. I'm still a bit deflated though as I think this was a genuine opportunity to finally beat them and we blew it.

Offline supertom

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2022, 07:39:07 PM »
Gifted them two goals. Started way too slowly. Glad we don't play those shithouses again this season. Glad that the ref had no other gifts to give them.

Beundia impressed me again. He's looking a player.
Ings touched it three times. It's never gonna work with him and Ollie sadly. Ollie had a couple of half chances that you wished fell to Ings. That's the way of it. But one or t'other for me.
Ramsey excellent second half.
We missed McGinn.
Digne did well.
Coutinho's impact, even just for sheer presence, was a big lift. Made and scored a goal. I hope he gets fit very quick.

We need to iron out the errors. We need a proper replacement for Nakamba. Doug wasn't bad today, but we still get sliced through the mid a bit too easily at times.

I wish it was last seasons De Gea in goal, because we'd probably still be in the FA Cup and might have won today. Emi, we'll let that slide because it's unlike you. Had that been De Gea though, VAR would have checked and double checked, triple checked, whether our player (in Cavani's position) was offside and probably disallowed it for someone looking at a Utd player funny.

It shouldn't be underestimated just how important a point today is too. Dead and buried at 2-0. A lot of possession without hurting them. Pulling this back just reawakens the Gerrard project and kickstarts the momentum again. Because losing it to a plucky but damp 2-0 would have hurt.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2022, 07:39:18 PM »
At 2-0 i left the ground.At 2-2 I was in Brum.
Serves me right.Shades of Sheff Utd

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2022, 07:39:26 PM »
Buendia was like a little magical mosquito, buzzing everywhere. Cash was awesome as well, superb performance.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2022, 07:39:54 PM »
Should've won that in the end.

Still 4 points in the most jinxed fixture played in last 25 years isn't bad return.

Few points from that.

Digne is going to be such an upgrade on Targett it's untrue. Rusty for first 20 minutes but he actually has an idea what to do once he crosses the halfway line.

First time this season Buendia looked 30m + player. I've been a critic but he's been good last 3-4 matches and all our best moves came through him.

Ramsey was poor first hour and suddenly out of nowhere came into the game. That's maturity and his close control is a joy to watch.

Can we please please please stop playing Ings and Watkins together. Yet again today with just one forward on the pitch and countless midfielders we play some really good football. I expect that to be the template starting at Goodison next Saturday lunchtime.

We might not finish top 8 this season but we're going to be really fun to watch for next four months so just enjoy the show as last 15 minutes was the warm up act.

We will only start beating Man. United on regular basis when we stop gifting them ridiculous goals in each half. No issue with ref tonight but you don't half give yourself uphill battle when one of best keepers in the league chucks one in after five minutes and then Sanson plays a ridiculous ball.

Still good point in the end and Everton are very beatable. If we can schedule Burnley at home soon I fancy us to go on another decent run with what we have for next two months.

Please can we stop playing Ings

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2022, 07:40:04 PM »
Oh ho ho, he's magic you know. Phillipe Coutinho.

We were hopeless for a lot of that game. But a little bit of pressure and United go to pieces.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2022, 07:40:27 PM »
Buendia's best half by a mile.  Feels like a win.  We gifted them two goals too.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2022, 07:40:51 PM »
That little South American lad looks quite good, can we try to keep him?
We signed him on a permanent deal from Norwich

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal