collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Michael Oliver v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 26703 times)

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Michael Oliver v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2022, 10:01:14 PM »
So close to being a decent side but still the final ball lacking, still the misplaced passes and still the officials desperate for a Man U victory.

I can just about accept the VAR decision because it was stupid of Ramsey, but how did Luke Shaw stay on the pitch?

How is stupid of Ramsey? He's allowed to stand still isn't he?

Exactly, he's under no obligation to get out of the way.  I'm really keen to see them explain that decision, given it was RIGHT in front of the ref and he didn't blow for anything.  They did everything they possibly could to avoid giving it.  Having spent two minutes deciding Watkins didn't touch it so it wasn't off-side, they went off to the offence that the ref ignored in real-time.  Fuming, again.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2022, 10:01:21 PM »
Mystified how Sanson didn't get on.

Poor decision, we were calling out for a bit of control in midfield. McGinn and Ramsey kept taking wrong options.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2022, 10:01:23 PM »
Looks like we'll back to endless run of injustice v them in next decade given the way Oliver reffed that.

At least the players will be bang up for it on Saturday. Get Coutinho involved and we will beat them based on how they played tonight.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2022, 10:01:32 PM »
VAR should not be used in a competition if only certain grounds can use it.  Should be across the board or not at all.

Having said that, we can only blame ourselves for that.  As poor a United team as I've seen, and we've not been good enough.

3 defeats on the spin now.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2022, 10:01:40 PM »
Lineker trying to justify the VAR decision.  No VAR at other games this round of the Cup but United get through because of it. Is that fair or proper?
Blatant cheating and we've been stitched up yet again at Old Trafford.  I thought we gave a good account of ourselves at times but are a very in and out side with some good quality interspersed with absolute dirge.  The dirge for me is the likes of Luiz and Targett, Ings at times, El Ghazi.  I will be glad when the transfer window is done and we have three or four new players in so those mentioned warm the bench or bugger off elsewhere.  I love my football but hate cheating and we have to call this for what it is.  Lovely goal from them.  Shocking decision to disallow the Villa goal, when we were well on top and there was only one winner had the goal have counted. 

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2022, 10:01:44 PM »
Need to focus the anger and make sure we pay them back in spades on Saturday. Let's fucking hammer them.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2022, 10:01:56 PM »
Cavali knew what he was doing.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2022, 10:02:23 PM »
Can't wait until we buy our way into the top four and these decisions are then given in our favour.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2022, 10:02:36 PM »
If a referee and VAR team need three minutes and thirty-six seconds to disallow a goal, perhaps it shouldn't be disallowed?

And mostly importantly of all, perhaps it isn't clear and obvious if it took that long because Oliver gave the goal.

He was literally standing a foot off of cavani's shoulder as well.

It's incompetency one way or the other.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2022, 10:02:37 PM »
What an absolute crock.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2022, 10:03:33 PM »
If blocking a players run is a foul then goals scored from EVERY CORNER should be disallowed as there is nothing but constant blocking of players every single time

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2022, 10:03:41 PM »
Cavali knew what he was doing.

100%

Offline colin69

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2022, 10:03:44 PM »
How we didn’t win I’ll never know, completely played them off the park.
We cannot play Ings and Ollie together though. Hate VAR, hate Manure, fancy us to really batter them on Saturday. Very poor Manure side.
I really don’t think we are far off being a very decent side.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2022, 10:04:09 PM »
I thought we played very very well overall. The ref was just abysmal (how may fouls did Shaw commit before he was finally booked) and the var decision was just outrageous. Where do you start with that?

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2022, 10:04:53 PM »
Started watching mid-way through the 1st half. Lots of chances for both teams (Ollie unlucky). Villa totally dominated 2nd half.
6 mins of added time when it took 5 mins for f-cling var...how?
If you take that length of time to review a goal then you're not looking for clear and obvious you're looking for a reason to cancel the goal no matter how slight.
70 mins it took to book Shaw...ridiculous. The geezer wouldn't look out of place working the doors of nightclubs in manshitster.
McTominay motm how? Did the guy touch the ball in the 2nd half? Sh-t decision.
Manure are a sh-t team...they are awful!
Another trophyless year and it's only the 10th Jan! This needs remedying in 2023.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal