collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Michael Oliver v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 26767 times)

Offline LeonW

Re: Michael Oliver v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2022, 09:57:55 PM »
So close to being a decent side but still the final ball lacking, still the misplaced passes and still the officials desperate for a Man U victory.

I can just about accept the VAR decision because it was stupid of Ramsey, but how did Luke Shaw stay on the pitch?

How is stupid of Ramsey? He's allowed to stand still isn't he?

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2022, 09:58:14 PM »
Corrupt. That is all.

Yep. Nothing else to say.

Filthy cheating bastards.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2022, 09:58:41 PM »
If a referee and VAR team need three minutes and thirty-six seconds to disallow a goal, perhaps it shouldn't be disallowed?

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2022, 09:58:41 PM »
Awful, AWFUL refereeing AGAIN.  Here we go, Gary and co explaining some obscure law of the fucking game that means it's not a goal.  They looked at every single fucking chance to disallow that perfect good goal.  I knew when it went in that they'd disallow it.  Fuck off. 

That aside, we miss far, far too many chances to score and as much as I love Watkins, he hits the fucking crossbar more times than any other striker I've ever seen, by a mile.  It is so frustrating and we lose games too often because of it. 

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2022, 09:58:54 PM »
You can’t play against 11 and the officials and VAR. It’s one thing to lose, it’s another to KEEP losing to poor referring and VAR decisions, time and time again against the SAME FUCKING TEAM.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2022, 09:59:06 PM »
They did everything they could to make sure our goal didn't stand.. seems to becoming a weekly occurrence. Completely over-analyze the entire play to find something, anything to have it overturned. "Clear and obvious" we're told but that only applies to a select few clubs.

Thought it was quite comical how a bloodied Konsa isn't even afforded the decency of VAR. On you go little peasants - stop complaining.. we are not worthy.

I thought we put in a good enough performance to advance today.

Fuck off to the rest of 'em though.. the manc weasels hardly even bothered turning up today and the FA told Oliver what they needed tonight, and they got it. Fuckery of the highest order. No consequences for any except Villa though, typical.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 10:00:59 PM by villadelph »

Offline nigel

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2022, 09:59:11 PM »
W*nk ref
W*nk decision for Ings goal
How the fcuk did Shaw stay on the pitch?

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2022, 09:59:15 PM »
We were sloppy at times, sublime at others. There's a team in there somewhere, and a good one too.

Ultimately beaten by dodgy officiating.

If I ever see Michael Oliver's annoying shiny face again, it'll be six billion years too soon.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2022, 09:59:16 PM »
All so predictable. I’ve never seen a referee and his side show work so hard to disallow a goal.

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2022, 09:59:30 PM »
Another adaptation of the rules open to subjective interpretation we've learnt about.

So now when you're defending a free kick or when an opposition player stands in an offside position send a player to run into them - free kick everytime now.

Fuck Michael Oliver, Fuck VAR.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 10:30:47 PM by Smoke »

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2022, 09:59:47 PM »
Thing is the ref wasn’t great, but we need to be more clinical. We waste too many good chances.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2022, 10:00:00 PM »
If a referee and VAR team need three minutes and thirty-six seconds to disallow a goal, perhaps it shouldn't be disallowed?

And mostly importantly of all, perhaps it isn't clear and obvious if it took that long because Oliver gave the goal.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2022, 10:00:12 PM »
Thought Gerrard had a shocker with his use of bench. Subs when they did come in were far too late. Continuing to try Watkins/Ings together will cost us results. Really disappointing result against a frankly dreadful Man United. Joke of a decision to do us out of a goal obviously.

Martinez 7, Cash 6, Konsa 7, Mings 6, Targett 6, Luiz 7, McGinn 6, Ramsey 6, Ings 5, Watkins 6, Buendia 6.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2022, 10:00:36 PM »
I thought it was a good performance and you can see we are very much a work in progress. Looking forward to seeing how we strengthen.

Low points - Luiz was poor, so so sloppy in possession and caught standing around far too often. Taggart repeatedly giving the ball away. Cash not having his best night.

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2022, 10:01:03 PM »
So close to being a decent side but still the final ball lacking, still the misplaced passes and still the officials desperate for a Man U victory.

I can just about accept the VAR decision because it was stupid of Ramsey, but how did Luke Shaw stay on the pitch?

How is stupid of Ramsey? He's allowed to stand still isn't he?

Cavani had no intention of getting back to defend he just ran into Ramsey.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal