collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lucas Digne - Signed  (Read 125497 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Lucas Digne - Signed
« Reply #405 on: March 15, 2022, 12:10:49 AM »
He would have played on Sunday. And again this Saturday...  and probably for the rest of the season. Instead we chose to help out the most repulsive owners in world football.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #406 on: March 15, 2022, 12:24:05 AM »
The player wanted football and clearly wasn't going to get it with us.

Any player who doesn’t want to play should rightly be questioned. Our entire bench shouldn’t be happy. We still need a strong bench though, particularly if we’re going to progress. Injuries/suspensions/loss of form, etc. Rather do what’s better for the club than the player.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #407 on: March 15, 2022, 04:12:44 AM »
SG stated at the time that he wanted Matt to stay, but he had agreed that he wouldn't stop him from moving.
He also said that we were excited about developing Ben Chrisene.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #408 on: March 15, 2022, 06:50:12 AM »
If we would have stopped the Targett move to Newcastle happening, what do you think his attitude would have been, towards the club and Gerrard?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #409 on: March 15, 2022, 07:18:07 AM »
If we would have stopped the Targett move to Newcastle happening, what do you think his attitude would have been, towards the club and Gerrard?
I am sure he would have been “the best version of himself”.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #410 on: March 15, 2022, 08:47:51 AM »
Bit of a shit, vague, "what's up hun?" post from the club's Twitter to be honest.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #411 on: March 15, 2022, 08:58:39 AM »
He would have played on Sunday. And again this Saturday...  and probably for the rest of the season. Instead we chose to help out the most repulsive owners in world football.

Maybe, or maybe Gerrard would have picked Young again, or Chrisene.

Let's be honest, Targett isn't great going forward, and that's what Gerrard wants. I think it's pretty clear that there wasn't going to be any 'fighting for his place' stuff, Digne is first choice.

Why make a player stay who doesn't want to be there playing second fiddle? We chose to help him, not the Saudi regime, vile as they undoubtedly are.

Online Drummond

« Reply #412 on: March 15, 2022, 09:00:10 AM »
The player wanted football and clearly wasn't going to get it with us.

Any player who doesn’t want to play should rightly be questioned. Our entire bench shouldn’t be happy. We still need a strong bench though, particularly if we’re going to progress. Injuries/suspensions/loss of form, etc. Rather do what’s better for the club than the player.

Yep, but perhaps better for the club is letting a player go on loan who is unlikely to play (barring injury) to keep the squad morale high.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #413 on: March 15, 2022, 09:07:14 AM »

Let's be honest, Targett isn't great going forward, and that's what Gerrard wants. I think it's pretty clear that there wasn't going to be any 'fighting for his place' stuff, Digne is first choice.

Why make a player stay who doesn't want to be there playing second fiddle? We chose to help him, not the Saudi regime, vile as they undoubtedly are.

I can understand letting him go. He's played about 200 games (I imagine, can't be arsed to check) in the top flight. I doubt that Daesh were the only suitors. No excuse whatsoever for helping those filth.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #414 on: March 15, 2022, 09:07:51 AM »
Bit of a shit, vague, "what's up hun?" post from the club's Twitter to be honest.

Yeah, not sure what the point of that was.

Online Drummond

« Reply #415 on: March 15, 2022, 09:47:01 AM »

Me either.

Online Drummond

« Reply #416 on: March 15, 2022, 09:49:21 AM »

I can understand letting him go. He's played about 200 games (I imagine, can't be arsed to check) in the top flight. I doubt that Daesh were the only suitors. No excuse whatsoever for helping those filth.

That's the thing. I'd have preferred not to deal with them, and unfortunately, it appears as though Howe is managing to save them from what looked like inevitable relegation. I'm not sure Matt Targett is the key to it, but I guess he'll have played a part.

I just hope the media don't let up on asking questions at every press conference about their human rights record.

Back on topic, I'm hoping Digne isn't out long-term, I like what I've seen so far.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #417 on: March 15, 2022, 10:11:57 AM »

Me either.
Up there with the Welcome Back Jack video for how annoying it is. 

Offline sid1964

« Reply #418 on: March 15, 2022, 10:57:43 AM »
If Targett was so highly rated by Villa why would we agree to sell him for a mere £15 million at the end of the season, I know it goes against the grain of most Villa fans on here, but occasionally you have to sell players.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #419 on: March 15, 2022, 12:57:51 PM »
Out for at least 3 weeks according to @TomCollomosse

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal