collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:40:37 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by itbrvilla
[Today at 09:40:18 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 09:40:00 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:38:03 PM]

Diego Carlos by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:23:18 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 09:18:36 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 09:01:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Man U vs Aston Villa pre match thread - FA Cup 3rd Rd - Monday, Jan 10th  (Read 19961 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Man U vs Aston Villa pre match thread - FA Cup 3rd Rd - Monday, Jan 10th
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2022, 05:08:06 PM »
Its live on BBC. The pre-match build up will be a red wankfest,
I feel nothing but trepidation and foreboding.
I have seen this movie too many times.
Take your pick from the various scenarios that delivers them the victory that the nation expects.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2022, 05:22:18 PM »
It's time, FTF again!

Quote from: Yanited fan
Of course there's leaks. Of course they're not happy. Because someone is here putting demands on them and making them earn their obscene wages.

So, let me get this straight: You don't like the nice guy Ole who tells you how talented you are and tries to be your mate - he's out of his depth. You don't like the mean German man who makes you train at a time you don't like?

What happened to all this looking in the mirror they were doing? It appears it resulted in them blaming everyone except themselves.

I'm sorry, but since when is it the coaches job to impress the players? Havent they got that backwards? Aren't the players supposed to impress upon the coaches? I bet Rangnick is pretty unimpressed by you lot being unable to execute simple 5 yard passes too. Can you imagine Steve Bruce and others leaking to the press in the 90s that they aren't impressed with this Brian Kidd fella that Fergie has hired.

You cheeky, lazy, complacent bunch of f***ing children!

And you haven't even got the balls to put names to these claims, so f*** every last one of them.

I guess we can't complain. We've bred a brood of players who have consistently underperformed and get rewarded with new bumper deals. Absolutely zero consequences for failing to meet a basic standard.

Don't like the current guy? Don't worry, just bide your time, do f*** all and club will give you a new deal and you can just wait it out until the new guy comes in.

No wonder they feel they can pick and choose when they turn up and who they turn up for.

Clean slate, great wages, get to say you play for Man United and if you don't perform, you'll probably keep your place in the team and you'll definitely keep your place at the club.

This club is toxic and broken and the manager's position is fast becoming a poisoned chalice. I wouldn't blame Poch, Zidane or whoever else telling Woodward and co to stick it up their arse if they're offered the job.

It goes beyond tactics, the odd signing etc. The club is paying for years and years of neglect and a steady lowering of the standards.

I've never felt we're further away than we are now. This is all playing out too while our two closest rivals are comfortably the two best teams in the country. Every season now amounts to a bit of pre-season optimism, a couple of promising performances before we're quickly playing 'who do we want to win the league the least'. Sat there hoping City win so that liverpool don't. In f***ing November.

I've never felt more detached from the club. I hate what we've become and I pity anyone going into that job with earnest enthusiasm.

Honestly, f*** the lot of them.

Quote from: Succint Yanited fan
Proof positive, if proof were needed, that utd is officially nothing more than a revenue-generating promotional business with a football team attached.

We are all merely frogs being quietly boiled in a big pot of piss.

Although my head tells me it's the FA Cup on the BBC so we'll still lose.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2022, 05:39:31 PM »
"frog being quietly boiled in a big pot of piss". Marvellous stuff.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 07:04:45 PM by sickbeggar »

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2022, 07:03:34 PM »
When would we have to sign Coutinho by for him to be eligible for this?

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2022, 07:09:37 PM »
I presume some time tomorrow as the first match kicks off at 8pm.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2022, 07:13:55 PM »
It's time, FTF again!

Quote from: Yanited fan
Of course there's leaks. Of course they're not happy. Because someone is here putting demands on them and making them earn their obscene wages.

So, let me get this straight: You don't like the nice guy Ole who tells you how talented you are and tries to be your mate - he's out of his depth. You don't like the mean German man who makes you train at a time you don't like?

What happened to all this looking in the mirror they were doing? It appears it resulted in them blaming everyone except themselves.

I'm sorry, but since when is it the coaches job to impress the players? Havent they got that backwards? Aren't the players supposed to impress upon the coaches? I bet Rangnick is pretty unimpressed by you lot being unable to execute simple 5 yard passes too. Can you imagine Steve Bruce and others leaking to the press in the 90s that they aren't impressed with this Brian Kidd fella that Fergie has hired.

You cheeky, lazy, complacent bunch of f***ing children!

And you haven't even got the balls to put names to these claims, so f*** every last one of them.

I guess we can't complain. We've bred a brood of players who have consistently underperformed and get rewarded with new bumper deals. Absolutely zero consequences for failing to meet a basic standard.

Don't like the current guy? Don't worry, just bide your time, do f*** all and club will give you a new deal and you can just wait it out until the new guy comes in.

No wonder they feel they can pick and choose when they turn up and who they turn up for.

Clean slate, great wages, get to say you play for Man United and if you don't perform, you'll probably keep your place in the team and you'll definitely keep your place at the club.

This club is toxic and broken and the manager's position is fast becoming a poisoned chalice. I wouldn't blame Poch, Zidane or whoever else telling Woodward and co to stick it up their arse if they're offered the job.

It goes beyond tactics, the odd signing etc. The club is paying for years and years of neglect and a steady lowering of the standards.

I've never felt we're further away than we are now. This is all playing out too while our two closest rivals are comfortably the two best teams in the country. Every season now amounts to a bit of pre-season optimism, a couple of promising performances before we're quickly playing 'who do we want to win the league the least'. Sat there hoping City win so that liverpool don't. In f***ing November.

I've never felt more detached from the club. I hate what we've become and I pity anyone going into that job with earnest enthusiasm.

Honestly, f*** the lot of them.

Quote from: Succint Yanited fan
Proof positive, if proof were needed, that utd is officially nothing more than a revenue-generating promotional business with a football team attached.

We are all merely frogs being quietly boiled in a big pot of piss.

Although my head tells me it's the FA Cup on the BBC so we'll still lose.
that post is spot on to be fair

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2022, 07:38:35 PM »
If we set up and play well we can take this to penalties no problem.

Emi can do his black magic on Fernandes and the rest again.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2022, 07:50:14 PM »
Despite it being on Tv on a Monday night in Jan, my 11 year okd really wanted to go, so up the M6 it is after picking him up from school.
Even though their wobbling (great couple of posts by those yanited fans), im not really expecting the win, in part because we havent been playing that well either. But bloody hell it will be a bouncing car all the way home if we do. Feck it 3-1 us after extra time (Watkins, McGinn, Mings)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2022, 08:03:06 PM »
so what, a couple of disgruntled fans on the internet. They have the talent in that squad to blow us away. They know its on the BBC, they know the world will be watching and they have big enough egos to turn up + they will have the crowd, the refs and VAR on their side.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2022, 08:29:35 PM »
Gerrard sounds up for it.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2022, 08:33:30 PM »
Settle for winning 1 of our 2 remaining games against then.

On one hand, would be nice to still be in the Cup, as not a lot to play for if we get knocked out. On the other, we haven't beaten them at home in the League since 1995, which is a dreadful effort and hate that they see Villa Park as a lucky ground.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2022, 08:36:52 PM »
Settle for winning 1 of our 2 remaining games against then.

You're right, I'd also take a draw away with Emi shithousing us to a win on penalties before smashing them at home in the league.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2022, 08:37:43 PM »
400-0 to us.
No don't be silly it's not possible to score 400 in 90 mins of a football game so i think it will only be 75-0 to us.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2022, 08:40:10 PM »
They’ll 100% get a penalty against us (actual or fabricated by VAR) so we need at least 2 goals as I doubt they’ll miss 2 consecutive pens against us.

Online Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2022, 08:52:20 PM »
I wonder what Gerrard's reaction will be when Utd get their obligatory penalty.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal