collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City post match thread  (Read 26811 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City post match thread
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2021, 10:13:34 PM »
My views

Leicester were the better side in the first half but we still should have been going in at HT 2-1 up

Second-half superb, The disallowed goal played into our hands we came out for vengeance and it got the crowd going,

McGinn was fantastic but Nakamba was prime Makelele

What a save

The Most impressed I’ve been out of all the Gerrard games is still the second half against Man City, We are beginning to see a proper Villa team take shape here

Not so long ago Leicester were way ahead of us on the field and in the league now there’s nothing between us

I’d take that Harvey Barnes of them if we wanted to spend some big bucks

Six minute tribute was Spot-on in every way, RIP little fella

Trains were better organised today got away pretty quickly maybe someone is listening

« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 10:17:33 PM by john e »

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2021, 10:15:02 PM »
I'm going to disagree with everyone, to the letter of the law once is hand is on top of the ball he was deemed to be in posession, I might not tike it but that's what it says. Cash needs to spend many hours practising crossing the ball, very wasteful, Marvelous was Marvelous and was impressed with Chuks cameo. Thought both teams were in a battle to see who could give the ball away the most in the first half but Villa were dominant in the second, the only complaint I have is that we missed some very easy chances to put the game away.

It’s not possession, it’s control, which if you consider being in control means having one hand on a ball for a tenth of a second then you crack on.

Also it doesn’t apply after making a save ?  it is all abit ambiguous.  When did it change from 2 hands on the ball?

It's not really that ambiguous as the rule states that the keeper is deemed to be in control of the ball if, "the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds accidentally from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save".

The bit in bold is the key for me and it is why the goal should have stood. 

ha ha yes i am sold 3-1

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2021, 10:27:05 PM »
Delighted. Exactly the kind of 50/50 scrappy game that we would've lost a few weeks ago. UTV.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2021, 10:39:11 PM »
I’m loving having Ashley Young back at the club

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2021, 11:03:19 PM »
I like the fact that Gerrard changes things so positively and gave them all a roasting at half time, not worried about ego's or upsetting players.  He was absolutely spot on with his post match comments.  We gave the ball away far too much, in silly areas but we came out strong in the second half and should have scored four or five.  We missed easier chances than we scored.  McGinn, Nakamba were excellent.  Great to see such positive subs and Leicester, for all their second half possession, could only muster a single effort on goal, which was dealt with brilliantly by the best keeper we've ever had.  We seem to be heading in the right direction and Steven Gerrard has really impressed me so far.

Online john2710

« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2021, 11:08:38 PM »
We were sloppy & second best for most of the first half but still should have been 2-1 up at half-time. Neither the VAR nor Oliver know the rules.

Second half we were fantastic & should have scored another 3.

McGinn wins battles he has no right to & sets the tempo for the whole team.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2021, 11:12:45 PM »
I'm going to disagree with everyone, to the letter of the law once is hand is on top of the ball he was deemed to be in posession, I might not tike it but that's what it says. Cash needs to spend many hours practising crossing the ball, very wasteful, Marvelous was Marvelous and was impressed with Chuks cameo. Thought both teams were in a battle to see who could give the ball away the most in the first half but Villa were dominant in the second, the only complaint I have is that we missed some very easy chances to put the game away.

It’s not possession, it’s control, which if you consider being in control means having one hand on a ball for a tenth of a second then you crack on.

Aye, if that's control Nyland is a modern day Lev Yashin.

Online Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2021, 11:27:56 PM »
A Marvelous performance today by Nakamba: it's like having another new signing, and Ashley Young can finally come off the naughty step now.

WTF was that VAR drama all about? I would have been able to put up my Christmas decorations in the time they took to make a final decision!

Offline TonyD

« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2021, 11:38:22 PM »
I have been Marv’s biggest critic.  But he has been very good the last 4 games.  Excellent.
But we still need another couple of quality midfielders to really kick on.
Also a couple more wingbacks. 
To add more quality and depth.   But that’s being fussy.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2021, 04:12:31 AM »
Leicester fans showing humility.

Kopfkino
Kopfkino
Posted 9 hours ago
Shouldn’t be losing to shit like that, second half every bit as bad as the first half on Wednesday.

It’s beyond embarrassing defensively now. The commentators are actively taking the piss out of us.
Like  1
 LestaFox92
LestaFox92
Posted 9 hours ago
Just really getting bored of how weak we are at set pieces it's so obvious, hurts even more because villa really aren't even good this season losing grealish and barkley has turned them into a better version of burnley.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2021, 07:03:20 AM »
Brilliant win I Really enjoyed that.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2021, 07:07:24 AM »
Leicester fans showing humility.

Kopfkino
Kopfkino
Posted 9 hours ago
Shouldn’t be losing to shit like that, second half every bit as bad as the first half on Wednesday.

It’s beyond embarrassing defensively now. The commentators are actively taking the piss out of us.
Like  1
 LestaFox92
LestaFox92
Posted 9 hours ago
Just really getting bored of how weak we are at set pieces it's so obvious, hurts even more because villa really aren't even good this season losing grealish and barkley has turned them into a better version of burnley.

I wish they'd fuck off back to their natural habitat of the Championship/Old First Division and enjoy players like Steve Walsh, Phil Gee and Mike Whitlow.

Seeing twats like Schmeichel and Maddison with those vile side parting type haircuts acting like big time Charlies, riles me no end.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2021, 07:23:59 AM »
Apart from Harvey Barnes I wouldn't take a single one of their players.

Online JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2021, 07:28:20 AM »
Pretty ungracious comments. They are hardly setting the league alight themselves.

A good win and great second half.

We don't want to start so badly next weekend.

Online johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2021, 08:17:28 AM »
We seemed to struggle with formation early on and there was too big a agap between mids and forwards. Apart from Emi2. And You never knew where he was going to turn up. Much better second half. Obvious the players have great faith in Marvellous as they are never afraid to pass to him even when he has players on top of him. Happy with Sanson again. Will we finally have a successful French player? Ollie is a kick of a ball away from having a great game. He will be fine. I was behind the goal for Martinez save. One of the best saves I have seen. He is so agile for a man mountain. Marry Cash apart from a couple of overhit crosses had a great game. Couple of pints b4 with my brother and some friends. A Villa win. Enjoy the small things

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal