collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 17606 times)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
Re: Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2021, 04:22:09 PM »
I was surprised the Zaha yellow wasn’t shown on MOTD.

All on post-match commentary said it should have been red.

You don’t turn around and push a player to the floor band only get a yellow.
How is it that Zaha seems to get away with such stuff.....he seems to do something similar every game - nothing! The opponent marking him farts, and gets booked!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2021, 04:24:03 PM »
Watching the extended coverage on sky. We played a lovely little spell of football which led to the corner and then the first goal.

We played some fantastic football in the first half, a real joy to watch. What makes it even better is Palace normally start off strong but yesterday they didn't know what hit them. I'd imagine they were very happy to go in just 1 down at half time.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2021, 04:48:18 PM »
I was surprised the Zaha yellow wasn’t shown on MOTD.

All on post-match commentary said it should have been red.

You don’t turn around and push a player to the floor band only get a yellow.
How is it that Zaha seems to get away with such stuff.....he seems to do something similar every game - nothing! The opponent marking him farts, and gets booked!

You can see why no CL/europa side wants to sign him though. Talented player but just plays the game on his terms hence him playing for mid table club approaching his late 20s now.

Him getting hooked after 70 minutes also shows Vieira trying to make the side less dependent on him which Palace finally are now with plenty more talent in final third.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2021, 05:30:38 PM »
The FA have adopted a four corner approach to assessing players, they’re 1. technical,2. physical, 3. psychological and 4. social.

You’d guess that Zaha fails miserably on the psychological and social criteria.  Similarly the All Blacks have a ‘no c@nts’ selection criteria.  There’s a reason he is still at Palace despite publicly wanting to move for the past three or four seasons.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2021, 06:35:53 PM »
Just a bit of a Hangover after celebrating yesterday's victory. one too many John Smiths
One John Smiths is one too many John Smiths.
Totally - if the quality of the beer a man drinks is a reflection of his character ....

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2021, 06:58:54 PM »
Ollie hasn’t been the same since he got into the England squad.

I’d say it’s since his injury more than getting into the England set-up. He just doesn’t seem to be as sharp in both his touch and mind.

He's a new dad. Hasn't had a good night's sleep since the summer.

I've seen his house. I'd imagine that there's plenty of room to get a good kip if he wants one.

What about if he's one of those hands-on, new-age modern-dads that we've been hearing about since the 90s?

You can still do that and say to the Mrs "I've had him/her all evening. You do the night shift." I imagine. Haven't got 'em, don't want 'em.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2021, 07:18:22 PM »

You can still do that and say to the Mrs "I've had him/her all evening. You do the night shift." I imagine.

Hmmmmmm

Haven't got 'em, don't want 'em.

Your first sentence was proof enough!

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2021, 08:02:51 PM »
Palace have wanted something like £70m for Zaha in the past. Nobody else values him that highly.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2021, 08:40:56 PM »
Ollie hasn’t been the same since he got into the England squad.

I’d say it’s since his injury more than getting into the England set-up. He just doesn’t seem to be as sharp in both his touch and mind.

He's a new dad. Hasn't had a good night's sleep since the summer.

I've seen his house. I'd imagine that there's plenty of room to get a good kip if he wants one.

What about if he's one of those hands-on, new-age modern-dads that we've been hearing about since the 90s?

You can still do that and say to the Mrs "I've had him/her all evening. You do the night shift." I imagine. Haven't got 'em, don't want 'em.

I don't want em either.

Which is pretty crushing for my two.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2021, 10:13:00 PM »
Palace have wanted something like £70m for Zaha in the past. Nobody else values him that highly.

Apart from himself.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2021, 10:21:03 PM »

You can still do that and say to the Mrs "I've had him/her all evening. You do the night shift." I imagine.

Hmmmmmm

Haven't got 'em, don't want 'em.

Your first sentence was proof enough!

I'm prepared to accept my ignorance on this one!

Offline LeonW

« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2021, 06:21:42 PM »
From the beeb:

"Aston Villa and Crystal Palace have been charged with misconduct by the Football Association for incidents during Saturday's Premier League game.

The clubs have until Monday to respond to the allegation of failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.

Both sets of players were unhappy with decisions made by referee Michael Salisbury in the 54th and 55th minutes.

Steven Gerrard's side won the game 2-1 at Selhurst Park.

The Palace players surrounded the official when he blew for a foul by Villa midfielder Marvelous Nakamba on Wilfried Zaha because they felt he should have played the advantage with Christian Benteke in possession for the home team.

Nakamba was booked for the foul and from the resulting free-kick Villa won possession and broke clear only for Palace midfielder Luka Milivojevic to bring down Ollie Watkins on the edge of the penalty area.

Both sets of players surrounded the referee again, with Milivojevic shown a yellow card."

Right. So an inexperienced referee is appointed to a game that he quickly loses control of, making a host of bad decisions and when the test subjects (i.e. both teams) rightly complain, we're both charged. Makes total sense and I'm sure it will be applied consistently to all teams this season when it happens.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2021, 06:56:04 AM »
Be interesting if they charge Manure as well after the first Arsenal goal tonight. Great picture on BBC of them all surrounding the ref.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal