collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by rob_bridge
[Today at 12:09:55 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Mister E
[Today at 12:03:48 PM]

Fog stopped play by mamuu
[Today at 12:02:11 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Dogtanian
[Today at 12:02:04 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Mister E
[Today at 11:54:13 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 11:44:42 AM]

NSWE Investment by eamonn
[Today at 11:23:45 AM]

Liverpool by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:08:34 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by rob_bridge
[Today at 12:09:55 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Mister E
[Today at 12:03:48 PM]

Re: Fog stopped play by mamuu
[Today at 12:02:11 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Dogtanian
[Today at 12:02:04 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by KNVillan
[Today at 12:01:03 PM]

Re: Fog stopped play by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:00:19 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 11:57:29 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by SamTheMouse
[Today at 11:57:15 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 17860 times)

Offline villa for life

Re: Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2021, 05:22:38 PM »
Eh? That was at 0-2

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2021, 05:23:46 PM »
Another impressive result. A very difficult place to go let alone for us who have only won there once in 30 years.

1st half excellent. 2nd pretty average. Defended well most of the game but abit shaky at the end.

Superb goal by McGinn. Motm for me was mings excellent performance from him.

Negatives watkins. So poor today. I also think Luiz wasnt good but i will put that down to him being unfit.

Relives some of the pressure now for next three tough ones.  Not expecting anything Wednesday night

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2021, 05:24:06 PM »
Great result.

Offline wince

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2021, 05:25:58 PM »
Ollie hasn’t been the same since he got into the England squad. Personally, I don’t think he’s up to international standard at this moment in time as his overall ball control and decision making is fairly poor.
On a much more positive note, I still feel we wouldn’t have got more than 1 point, from these last two games if DS had still been in charge.
Let’s hope Emi is not out for too long as there are a lot of matches coming up.
Obviously, looking forward to giving Shinsplints a welcome that he deserves!!!
He not only nearly stuffed us and, I’m still fairly certain he will become a regular bench warmer at Citeh… it was a lose, lose Joe as far as your career goes.
On a much more positive note why say that? Dean has managed to get 4 points from 2 tough games with a team no where near as good as the Villa.

The same dean smith who went 5 without a win and left us above the drop zone. Good for dean but I agree we would have been annihilated if Smith was still here. And norwich hopefully won’t be a concern if we continue with our winning ways.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2021, 05:26:39 PM »
Great result! Was only expecting a draw tbh!
Pleased for Targett getting his goal. Glad also McGinn scored a goal and we managed to win!
UTV!

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2021, 05:27:37 PM »
Ollie hasn’t been the same since he got into the England squad. Personally, I don’t think he’s up to international standard at this moment in time as his overall ball control and decision making is fairly poor.
On a much more positive note, I still feel we wouldn’t have got more than 1 point, from these last two games if DS had still been in charge.
He not only nearly stuffed us and, I’m still fairly certain he will become a regular bench warmer at Citeh… it was a lose, lose Joe as far as your career goes.
On a much more positive note why say that? Dean has managed to get 4 points from 2 tough games with a team no where near as good as the Villa.

The same dean smith who went 5 without a win and left us above the drop zone. Good for dean but I agree we would have been annihilated if Smith was still here. And norwich hopefully won’t be a concern if we continue with our winning ways.

I really don't get why we are still talking about him.  He's moved on, so must we.  Palace were due a defeat and we administered it with aplomb.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2021, 05:28:30 PM »
Ollie hasn’t been the same since he got into the England squad.

I’d say it’s since his injury more than getting into the England set-up. He just doesn’t seem to be as sharp in both his touch and mind.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2021, 05:31:08 PM »
Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa: Villa secure victory at Selhurst Park - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59356975

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2021, 05:43:44 PM »
Very impressive today especially the midfield. If you didn't know who the new young England international was you would presume Jacob Ramsey was that player rather than Gallagher. Nakamba won more or less every tackle he made and mostly moved the ball on well when he won it. Brilliant finish from McGinn for his goal.

The main negative was the absolutely appalling referee His performance was as poor if not worse than Kevin Friend at Palace two years ago.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2021, 05:50:20 PM »
Yes wasn't it his first prem game and he won't be lasting long at this level with that performance. Letting Palace players get away with cyncial fouls in 1st half and then couldn't wait to show Doug a red for a fairly similar tackle.

Really like Vieria but laughable he was having a go at him end of the match, might aswell have had a Palace shirt on with his calls.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2021, 05:55:25 PM »

That’s the weird thing about it though
I actually agree with Skerra I think we’d be in trouble in the league right now if Smith had stayed
Whilst I can see Smith keeping Norwich up

Sometimes a change is the best thing for everyone

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2021, 05:59:04 PM »
Brighton hadn't lost an away game.
Palace hadn't lost a home game.

When you're on a really good run that has boosted your confidence who's the last team you want to face? Stévie G's Aston Villa. :)

Great result and takes the pressure off a bit for the next few tough games both in terms of the table and the 'headlines'. Not that I think the manager will lessen the intensity for them.

Offline steamer

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2021, 06:00:55 PM »
Well played Aston Villa
Can not fault or mark down a single player
Looking forward to ore of the same

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2021, 06:02:06 PM »
Lots of positives to take from the game today especially the first half where we played some great football, playing it inside then forward rather than pointlessly hoofing it down the line for nobody in particular. One major positive today was up against a physically strong side we didn't buckle where previously we'd get bullied, today we stood our ground and fought back.

Still plenty more work to be done at BH but the signs are there that we are turning a corner and moving in the right direction. I wasn't expecting much from the game today so it's great to have another weekend where the Villa made me happy.
Onwards and upwards.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2021, 06:03:05 PM »
Surprised people are saying we were poor 2nd half. Palace are a good side and they have a physical midfield. Usually that is a recipe for defeat but we dominated that area for the majority of the match, in the first half by keeping the ball and in the 2nd by repelling everything they threw at us. Yes, they had pressure and territory but Emi barely made a save and we always looked dangerous on the break, culminating in a brilliant 2nd goal.

You can see the tactical tweaks already. Same formation on paper but different starting positions. The wide forwards tuck in, the full backs play higher up the pitch and two of the midfielders cover. We regained possession so often in good areas and every player played a part including all 3 subs again.

Really positive start both defensively and in attack. We get a free hit against City now and we can take some confidence into the game. Gerrard will want to win.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal