collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by GordonCowansisthegreatest
[Today at 08:59:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 356574 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #2175 on: January 23, 2022, 08:22:02 PM »

Ok, that sounds a bit less concerning. Still something is nagging my head that he may have been involved to some extent in that club with his mate. It could well be me getting all defensive, having three girls is quite a worry. Especially as two of them are getting older and cocky little brats are on the scene nowadays!

I know where you're coming from Ian, as another dad with three daughters. Still though, innocent until proven guilty and all that. Look at Ched Evans for example, complete stitch up.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2176 on: January 23, 2022, 08:22:48 PM »
Got to love twitter... Some people... He looks great get him in based on the game tonight. Others... He's useless and miles off the pace.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #2177 on: January 23, 2022, 08:38:38 PM »
Got to love twitter... Some people... He looks great get him in based on the game tonight. Others... He's useless and miles off the pace.

Thought I’d give it a watch with a view to keeping an eye on him. Quite tidy on the ball but he’s not been involved too much. See what happens in the second half.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2178 on: January 23, 2022, 08:48:57 PM »

Thought I’d give it a watch with a view to keeping an eye on him. Quite tidy on the ball but he’s not been involved too much. See what happens in the second half.

I’d agree with your assessment.  Used the ball well but there’s so much space its hard to judge.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2179 on: January 23, 2022, 08:53:58 PM »
Also, playing for Juventus in Serie A will not be like playing for Villa in the PL. I have no idea whether he's any good, but it won't be the same.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #2180 on: January 23, 2022, 09:51:37 PM »
 Nothing really changed in the second half, nothing exciting and the least involved of any Juve midfielder. Difficult to judge on one game but I’d stick to my thoughts of a few pages back that he’s more of a ticking play over, get the ball from the centre halves and pass it 5 yards type.
He might be the reading the game type and getting in the right positions to stop attacks, which is no bad thing, but he’s certainly not the Kante high energy DM which we need, he’s just a taller Doug.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2181 on: January 23, 2022, 10:16:38 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I think we are 2 centre mids light in the squad, but this guy doesn't look like the combative number 6 we need to me. Maybe Naka is that though, and this guy will slot into the squad.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2182 on: January 23, 2022, 10:18:11 PM »
Surely every player comes with a recommendation from someone?

McLeish got a great recommendation from Fergie

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #2183 on: January 24, 2022, 12:12:22 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I think we are 2 centre mids light in the squad, but this guy doesn't look like the combative number 6 we need to me. Maybe Naka is that though, and this guy will slot into the squad.

We need an upgraded version of Marv ideally.  Marv is fine as a squad player slotting in here and there, but we need a better version of him in the starting XI, which Bissouma is to be fair.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2184 on: January 24, 2022, 01:55:02 AM »
Think how much more balanced we were starting to look with Marv. And I would argue he’s at best a back up in a team looking to break the top 6. We need a much better version to take that next step.

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #2185 on: January 24, 2022, 10:12:16 AM »

We need an upgraded version of Marv ideally.  Marv is fine as a squad player slotting in here and there, but we need a better version of him in the starting XI, which Bissouma is to be fair.

If we sign a DM and Coutinho stays, barring losing any players, I'm starting to wonder what signings can be made in the Summer? After upgrading the promotion squad, we're now upgrading players we bought to replace them.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #2186 on: January 24, 2022, 10:53:19 AM »

If we sign a DM and Coutinho stays, barring losing any players, I'm starting to wonder what signings can be made in the Summer? After upgrading the promotion squad, we're now upgrading players we bought to replace them.

Competition for Cash, unless Kesler has a real breakthrough.  Genuine first team competition for Mings and then the possibility of selling Ings and bringing in a real top quality forward.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #2187 on: January 24, 2022, 11:09:11 AM »

Competition for Cash, unless Kesler has a real breakthrough.  Genuine first team competition for Mings and then the possibility of selling Ings and bringing in a real top quality forward.

Guilbert may well be the man for that, and I rate Kesler too. Can see Gerrard liking Guilbert as he is good going forwards.

Agree we need a centre half capable of genuinely competing for a place with Mings / Konsa (think that will be Gomez) and ideally a better striker (think that will be Suarez).

Trez, Luiz, and Ings can probably all go to recoup some of the spend and wages.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2188 on: January 24, 2022, 11:27:58 AM »
Guilbert won't play for us again. I don't understand the candle held for him to be honest, he's a limited player.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #2189 on: January 24, 2022, 01:14:06 PM »
Guilbert won't play for us again. I don't understand the candle held for him to be honest, he's a limited player.

FWIW, he's in the WhoScored Ligue 1 Team of the Season so far..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal