collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 356492 times)

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #2115 on: January 20, 2022, 10:13:05 PM »
I'm watching Athletic Bilbao against Barcelona. Bilbao have a young midfielder called Nico Williams who looks an excellent player. Right side midfielder who's put in some wicked crosses and has a good turn of speed. Only 19 so could be one for the future but worth a look.

His brother Inaki plays up front for them. Not sure if it’s still the case but he’d played something like 250 conservative games without injury or suspension, which is some going.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2116 on: January 20, 2022, 11:17:30 PM »
I'm watching Athletic Bilbao against Barcelona. Bilbao have a young midfielder called Nico Williams who looks an excellent player. Right side midfielder who's put in some wicked crosses and has a good turn of speed. Only 19 so could be one for the future but worth a look.

His brother Inaki plays up front for them. Not sure if it’s still the case but he’d played something like 250 conservative games without injury or suspension, which is some going.

That’s a great sTory.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #2117 on: January 20, 2022, 11:36:33 PM »

That’s a great sTory.

plays on the Right you say ?

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #2118 on: January 20, 2022, 11:41:56 PM »
Ah bollocks!!

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2119 on: January 21, 2022, 12:20:00 AM »

I imagine he's got number 10 on his back right now.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2120 on: January 21, 2022, 12:20:43 AM »
Though he'll have to give it up for that left winger when his contract ends.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2121 on: January 21, 2022, 07:58:20 AM »
I still think Kamara from Rangers could arrive as a squad option if we can't get Bissouma this window.

Online frank black

« Reply #2122 on: January 21, 2022, 12:21:41 PM »

I think you will find that they aren’t “games” they are “Work events”

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2123 on: January 21, 2022, 12:38:16 PM »

the problems is all bilbao players have a premium because of their 'basque-only' rule. usually requires the release clause to be met, hence kepa costing £71m!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2124 on: January 21, 2022, 01:12:21 PM »
I still think Kamara from Rangers could arrive as a squad option if we can't get Bissouma this window.

I hope not, we have Nakamba as a squad option in that role, he can come in for a few games here and there and do a job, we know that and we don't need someone of a similar standard to him, we need a DM who comes in and is immediately good enough to be playing top6 level. That makes it a really hard task but there's not much point adding squad filler now, it just blocks the chances for the kids coming through without offsetting that with improvements on the field.

I'd accept a player like Kamara on loan to cover whilst Nakamba is injured but I see no chance of Rangers agreeing to that.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #2125 on: January 21, 2022, 02:42:10 PM »
Alvarez to Man City it seems. Shame we couldn't get him when we were rumored to.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #2126 on: January 21, 2022, 03:13:24 PM »
Alvarez to Man City it seems. Shame we couldn't get him when we were rumored to.

Does Recaro still make their seats on the bench?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2127 on: January 21, 2022, 03:23:22 PM »

I've never quite understood the need for boy racer car seats in the dugouts. They're not designed for comfort are they? They should have big La-Z-Boy recliners instead.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2128 on: January 21, 2022, 03:25:35 PM »

I've never quite understood the need for boy racer car seats in the dugouts. They're not designed for comfort are they? They should have big La-Z-Boy recliners instead.

Going on our injuries record, some ergonomically sound chairs might be an idea.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2129 on: January 21, 2022, 04:06:12 PM »

There were too many important games in the summer window and into the autumn for River Plate to sell him. I said at the time we should have bought him (they needed the money) and loaned him back to them until December 2021.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal