collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 356518 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #630 on: December 31, 2021, 05:37:37 PM »
Smith's plan always seemed to be to change the team's shape to 3-5-2 to accommodate him. He only really fell onto the 4-2-3-1 as a way of accommodating JG.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #631 on: December 31, 2021, 07:33:33 PM »
If people are genuinely suggesting letting Ings go (and I can't believe they are), then we need a solid replacement in the squad BEFORE he leaves.  We have to get past this idea that the squad is made up of a first-11 and then a back-up for each of the first-11. We should be able to rotate 5 or 6 players with little effect on the quality of the side, or the way it plays.

Right now, Ollie holds the single central attacking shirt - Ings might have it in a few weeks, who knows.  That's what good competition is all about.  I'm happy with Ollie being the current first choice, but I don't like the idea of his main competition for the shirt dropping to a standard below Danny Ings.

richtheholtender

« Reply #632 on: December 31, 2021, 07:36:34 PM »
If people are genuinely suggesting letting Ings go (and I can't believe they are), then we need a solid replacement in the squad BEFORE he leaves.  We have to get past this idea that the squad is made up of a first-11 and then a back-up for each of the first-11. We should be able to rotate 5 or 6 players with little effect on the quality of the side, or the way it plays.

Right now, Ollie holds the single central attacking shirt - Ings might have it in a few weeks, who knows.  That's what good competition is all about.  I'm happy with Ollie being the current first choice, but I don't like the idea of his main competition for the shirt dropping to a standard below Danny Ings.

100% we definitely need this in place if we're to be competing in Europe and getting further in cup competitions.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #633 on: December 31, 2021, 09:16:26 PM »
We're interested in Nicolás Tagliafico, LB for Ajax, according to Fabrizio Romano on Twitter. He's 29 though, doesn't feel like a Lange signing.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #634 on: December 31, 2021, 09:20:08 PM »
This is what Wiki says about him;

He is noted for his "lung-busting stamina, excellent technique and continuous enterprise

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #635 on: December 31, 2021, 09:23:46 PM »
We're interested in Nicolás Tagliafico, LB for Ajax, according to Fabrizio Romano on Twitter. He's 29 though, doesn't feel like a Lange signing.

Pretty good defender although not the tallest.

From what I remember of watching him for Argentina he's not that amazing going forward so would be a surprise given Targett attempting to cross a ball made my eyes nearly burst in the Chelsea game.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #636 on: December 31, 2021, 09:27:46 PM »

From what I remember of watching him for Argentina he's not that amazing going forward so would be a surprise given Targett attempting to cross a ball made my eyes nearly burst in the Chelsea game.

According to t'interwebnet, his contract expires in the summer, Ajax paid £4m for him and he's on £25k a week.

Could be a short term signing - 3 Yr deal as a back up/competitor for Targett.

Offline SaddVillan

« Reply #637 on: December 31, 2021, 09:31:00 PM »

According to t'interwebnet: his contract expires in the summer, Ajax paid £4m fir him and he's on £25k a week.

Would bring solid experience to the squad and provide backup/competition for Targett.

Possibly a 3yr deal?

Offline SaddVillan

« Reply #638 on: December 31, 2021, 09:32:03 PM »
Oops, double post.

Apologies

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #639 on: December 31, 2021, 11:38:15 PM »
Looks ideal to give Targett some real competition down the left. Young is clearly seen as a utility mid/ forward and has justified that in his performances. Getting an experienced top level international left back would be a good signing.

On Ings, no chance he leaves in Jan, and I would hate to strengthen Newcastle. I've been disappointed in him, his all round game has been pretty mediocre, but he has not had a whole load of chances. I think long term he will be used in a transfer make weight next summer.

Offline yammers

« Reply #640 on: January 01, 2022, 12:49:36 AM »
I see that Newcastle have had another game called off and that their opponents, Southampton, are asking for more transparency around injuries and who the Covid cases are.  Think they might be suggesting that certain clubs maybe using certain situations to their advantage so they can buy themselves out of trouble with more games to play afterwards.
I wonder if they should scrap this window in order to keep a level playing field.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #641 on: January 01, 2022, 12:52:50 AM »
Absolutely fuck all happening at Villa Park. The window has been open now for ..ermmm... at least almost an hour and no sign of any player coming in. NGE.

Offline ez

« Reply #642 on: January 01, 2022, 09:06:17 AM »

Far too early to give up on Ings but maybe loan him out to Newcastle for the rest of the season. They would take him in the hope he keeps them up.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #643 on: January 01, 2022, 09:14:35 AM »
I wouldn’t be helping Newcastle out at all.  Once they’re safe in the premier league their spending will take up a European spot, which will make our task even harder. We need to keep Ings, but not try and shoehorn him and Watkins into the same starting 11. 

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #644 on: January 01, 2022, 09:46:53 AM »
Yeah, bollocks to helping Newcastle out of their vat of acid. Let them dissolve into it like their victims.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal