collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 356560 times)

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #600 on: December 31, 2021, 08:47:53 AM »
We need to sort the inverted 10s before the full backs or centre halves. They lose the ball at will and are neither good enough on the ball to retain possession, or threatening enough. Buendia has a lot of potential, Bailey I'm not sold on and the other options are a bit samey. A top quality couple of creative players that can help us retain the ball there will be the biggest step forward. Oh and a Pirlo like holding mid. And some movement. And eventually a more clinical version of Watkins. And a better Mings. Lot of work to do.

If Gerrard sticks with the two 10s then I’d love us to sign Pulisic from Chelsea in the summer, he seems to be on the edge of their plans.  Keep Bailey and another winger for variation then cash in on the rest.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #601 on: December 31, 2021, 08:54:28 AM »
already injured his hand signing the contract

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #602 on: December 31, 2021, 08:58:06 AM »
I can understand the suggestions for a number 10 type player but wouldn't that be pushing like the likes of Chukwemeka and Aaron Ramsey down the pecking order?

That said, I've always liked Jessie Lingard personally. A little different to what we already have and he likes to run at players.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #603 on: December 31, 2021, 09:44:37 AM »
 The only signing i want is bissouma in January

Unrealistic i know but he would be a absolute incredible signing

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #604 on: December 31, 2021, 10:11:20 AM »
The only signing i want is bissouma in January

Unrealistic i know but he would be a absolute incredible signing

And because it’s Villa, he’ll be handed a significant custodial sentence for a significant chunk of any contract.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #605 on: December 31, 2021, 10:51:35 AM »
I’m not sure we’ll sign anyone in the January window but it will be interesting to see what type of players Gerrard and his team do you go for in the foreseeable future

Let’s face it most important thing at any club is the manager, and the second most important is the players he brings in

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #606 on: December 31, 2021, 10:57:07 AM »
Think we'll struggle to improve much on last season if we don't bring in players. I realise players are hard to get in January, but a few injuries in the defence especially, and we're down to kids

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #607 on: December 31, 2021, 10:59:30 AM »
Bissouma can do better than us - he's class. He'd get in the Man Utd or Arsenal midfield at least - probably Liverpool too now Milner is getting on a bit

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #608 on: December 31, 2021, 01:13:18 PM »
Think we'll struggle to improve much on last season if we don't bring in players. I realise players are hard to get in January, but a few injuries in the defence especially, and we're down to kids

Think we are at the point now though where the squad is in reasonable shape and we need real quality to come in to improve the starting XI if we are going to move forward.  With Nakamba out injured, I would settle for just a quality defensive midfielder coming in really and then looking at it again in the summer.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #609 on: December 31, 2021, 01:23:48 PM »
I don't know. Ignoring COVID, we're really at the mercy of random injuries of the 2months/6months type. Get Konsa, Mings and Cash out at the same time for example and we probably won't be going down, but we won't be finishing in the lower European places. During the summer we let go of a lot of squad players and didn't really replace them, apart from a 36 year old and a loanee. Looking how it played out we were obviously on a budget when another 25m would have covered us better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 01:26:04 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline enigma

« Reply #610 on: December 31, 2021, 01:26:28 PM »
Bissouma can do better than us - he's class. He'd get in the Man Utd or Arsenal midfield at least - probably Liverpool too now Milner is getting on a bit
He's exactly what Man Utd need. Huge upgrade on McTominay and Fred. Brighton have done well to keep him this long but if and when he does leave it'll be to a club higher in the pecking order than us unfortunately.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #611 on: December 31, 2021, 02:21:58 PM »
I doubt anyone will be looking at Bissouma in this window with his off field issues.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #612 on: December 31, 2021, 02:27:02 PM »
He's exactly what Man Utd need. Huge upgrade on McTominay and Fred. Brighton have done well to keep him this long but if and when he does leave it'll be to a club higher in the pecking order than us unfortunately.

We're at the stage in our progression where we need to start making the signings that will lift us up the pecking order, so I wouldn't be surprised if (in the summer , at least) we start to see Villa move in for the Bissouma-level of signing. (*Fingers crossed*)

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #613 on: December 31, 2021, 03:00:36 PM »
I’m not sure we’ll sign anyone in the January window but it will be interesting to see what type of players Gerrard and his team do you go for in the foreseeable future

Let’s face it most important thing at any club is the manager, and the second most important is the players he brings in

Not a chance we don't sign anyone. A couple of articles have already suggested Gerrard's got players in mind, plus I think there's belief among the club hierarchy that Europe isn't out if the question.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #614 on: December 31, 2021, 03:03:58 PM »
I doubt anyone will be looking at Bissouma in this window with his off field issues.

small heath would

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal