collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 356586 times)

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #255 on: November 21, 2021, 06:59:45 PM »
I feel like El Ghazi could thrive under Gerrard, as he seems to play much better in the channel and around the box. More of an inside forward.

Something in that. He perhaps isn’t quick enough to play as a true wide player but i can see him getting more chances than Dean gave him
Yeah, have to say that I have a gut feeling that AEG will be quite an important player, maybe not as a first choice starter but as an option off the bench. Think the Gerrard-style 4-3-3 will really suit him.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #256 on: November 21, 2021, 07:01:50 PM »
I always thought Emre Can was a good player.

Yup, but slower than glacial melt these days

Is he really?  Shame, as he seems to have the right attributes that we are looking for.  Apart from pace of course!

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #257 on: November 21, 2021, 07:04:28 PM »
Danny Drinkwater it is then.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #258 on: November 21, 2021, 07:25:05 PM »
Can was too slow when he was at Liverpool as well, don't think he's suited to the Premier league, but I do rate him.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #259 on: November 21, 2021, 07:44:16 PM »
Kamara at Marseille, Thuram or Lemina at Nice if we were feeling brave enough to raid Ligue 1 again.

Wasn't Lemina basically a do-nothing passenger at both Southampton and Fulham?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #260 on: November 21, 2021, 08:14:54 PM »
Still linked with Alvarez.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2021, 09:34:14 PM »
Still linked with Alvarez.

I randomly saw a River Plate game a couple of months ago and he was absolutely brilliant, but unfortunately it seems he’s been so good since the summer he will be looking at champions league level options now. Only hope would be if we’ve already agreed the deal somehow.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #262 on: November 22, 2021, 07:54:25 AM »
Barisic being linked today. I think that's nearly the entire Rangers side we're after. Also probably best  if Purslow doesn't piss off Barisic during contract negotiations  :o

"In summer 2017, Barišić drew attention from Ukrainian club Dynamo Kyiv, and he agreed personal terms with the club. However, at the last minute, Dynamo opted for Dinamo Zagreb's Josip Pivarić. In an interview with Sportske novosti on 11 August, Barišić publicly called out Dinamo for sabotaging the transfer.[8][9] On 22 August, Dinamo Zagreb executive Zdravko Mamić was shot in his native village of Zidine, Bosnia and Herzegovina.[10] The shooting was believed to be an assassination attempt organized by the Čepin Mafia clan, of which Barišić's father Stipe is a member."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 07:59:26 AM by sickbeggar »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #263 on: November 22, 2021, 09:22:11 AM »
Welcome, here's a 15 year contract on £500K a week, no, thank *you* very much, Mr Barišić sir!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #264 on: November 22, 2021, 09:29:07 AM »
The upgrade on the Nakamba needs to be elite if it happens
He is a good player and it’s no point in bringing someone else in thats slightly different but the same level in technical terms

It’s alright looking at players from Rangers they might well be good
But if you put Nakamba into that Rangers team he would be a standout player, One who we might all be saying let’s go get him he looks the real deal

Bissouma  would cost massive money but that’s the level we need to be going to for any replacement or upgrade

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #265 on: November 22, 2021, 10:58:43 AM »
Welcome, here's a 15 year contract on £500K a week, no, thank *you* very much, Mr Barišić sir!

heh

"Mr Gerrard, I vant to play for you at glorious English Club Astonmotiv Villa"

"Sound Bornie, I'm made up, but I've got Mattie T at the moment la"

"Of course, but what if he was to suddenly unexpectedly leave the country without telling anyone, or he got injured. Permanently." *click*

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #266 on: November 22, 2021, 11:03:54 AM »
He is a good player and it’s no point in bringing someone else in thats slightly different but the same level in technical terms

But if you put Nakamba into that Rangers team he would be a standout player, One who we might all be saying let’s go get him he looks the real deal

Bissouma  would cost massive money but that’s the level we need to be going to for any replacement or upgrade

I guess its that we are in an even weaker position than we were in the summer when trying to get in 'next level' players, then we could try and sell them the vision of European football, now the reality is a bit bleaker.

The scouting team should really be earning their money here, nearly everyone in Europe plays with a defensive midfielder and we havent managed to find one better than Nakamba?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #267 on: November 22, 2021, 11:28:34 AM »
The scouting team should really be earning their money here, nearly everyone in Europe plays with a defensive midfielder and we havent managed to find one better than Nakamba?
Yep, that's my view.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #268 on: November 22, 2021, 11:30:26 AM »
Barisic being linked today. I think that's nearly the entire Rangers side we're after. Also probably best  if Purslow doesn't piss off Barisic during contract negotiations  :o

Rangers fans slagging him off over the weekend and that Goldson player

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #269 on: November 22, 2021, 01:42:44 PM »

I guess its that we are in an even weaker position than we were in the summer when trying to get in 'next level' players, then we could try and sell them the vision of European football, now the reality is a bit bleaker.

I posted the other day that Skhiri at Koln would be my choice right now, I'd hope our scouts are aware of him at the least because he ticks every box for what we need in midfield.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal