collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 356687 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2021, 01:02:23 PM »
Would you turn your nose up at Lingard?  Don't think I would.

Id take lingard definitely

Id sell AEG and trez

was just going to post this especially for the cost with his contact going.  His stats for WH was brilliant.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2021, 01:11:14 PM »
If you get West Ham Lingard, being a pest, working to close the spaces and generally causing mayhem, he could be ideal for Gerrards 2 10's formation. If you get the other Lingard, that goes missing and can't hit a barn door, there is no point.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2021, 01:22:53 PM »
If you get West Ham Lingard, being a pest, working to close the spaces and generally causing mayhem, he could be ideal for Gerrards 2 10's formation. If you get the other Lingard, that goes missing and can't hit a barn door, there is no point.

You'd get both. Which is the issue and why Man Utd appear ready to offload.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2021, 01:38:52 PM »
Ollie Watkins would be my first choice every time.  A bit off form at the moment but I have no doubt it will return.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2021, 01:39:58 PM »

Yes, and Ross Barkley says hello.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2021, 02:08:43 PM »

I'd rather have an 8/10 every week than a 6/10 and 10/10 split without knowing which week would be which.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2021, 02:23:19 PM »

I'd rather have an 8/10 every week than a 6/10 and 10/10 split without knowing which week would be which.

I'd rather a 7/10 each week in all honesty, though I'm a boring fucker.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2021, 02:26:32 PM »

When Lingard first went on loan to West ham he had a fantastic start much to our dismay but then he seemed to fizzle out.
If hes interested perhaps Gerrard and our new coaches think that they could get some consistency out of him?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2021, 02:37:07 PM »
yeah i'd totally forgotten Ings time working with Gerrard until that interview.

Seems Gerrard was really supportive when Ings did his ACL about 5 games in to his Liverpool career.

He'll be number one striker here, don't think there's any doubt. Ollie will have to work things out from out wide or on the bench as he's really not playing well enough to justify his place currently.

Why on earth would there be no doubt? Watkins is a fabulous player, whose work ethic and willingness to learn has been discussed at length. He scored a lot of goals and was a constant menace in defense with his pressing game.
There's a lot of things to like about Watkins, but at times his finishing is woeful.

I'd see Ings as our main striker with Wakins either wide (which in the narrow systerm Gerrard plays he could be perfect for) or back up

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2021, 02:40:57 PM »
Watkins just needs confidence. Hasn't he scored as many in the league as Ings this season? I think he'll get the nod due to being a bit faster and more athletic than Ings.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2021, 02:46:09 PM »
Ollie Watkins would be my first choice every time.  A bit off form at the moment but I have no doubt it will return.

If somebody can help Ollie improve his first touch we'll have a 20+ goalscorer on our hands. His pressing will be much appreciated by Gerrard, that's for sure.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2021, 02:46:13 PM »
Be interesting to see what Gerrard does with those two. Watkins is a lot more mobile, but if he’s not being fed by precision balls from Grealish his finishing isn’t great. Ings is much more clinical, but offers a lot less running and pressing. If he can get Bailey and Buendia fit and up to speed in the front three, I’ve a feeling it might be Watkins who misses out.  We’ll see.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2021, 02:50:51 PM »
Think he'd leave if he was relegated to wide or back-up. Why go from the main man at the club and fringes of the England squad as a striker, to a position where you're not even the best player in that position at the club. Arsenal would probably take him in January and play him up front giving us a big profit and Mr Gerrard could buy Morales who'd live with being back-up for now due to the step-up career wise. Just thinking aloud here and obviously providing we have the replacements for Cash and Targett in place by then  ;)

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2021, 02:54:20 PM »
Being able to pick a front 3 from Bailey, Ings, Buendia, Watkins, Traore, Bidace is pretty exciting.  IF we can get and keep them fit that it.  I think we can afford to move ElGhazi, Traore Trezuget & Davis on.  I can't see them featuring much now.

edit - I meant to say I think Trez can move on, I still have high hopes for Traore
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 04:53:28 PM by chrisw1 »

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2021, 02:57:46 PM »
Think he'd leave if he was relegated to wide or back-up. Why go from the main man at the club and fringes of the England squad as a striker, to a position where you're not even the best player in that position at the club. Arsenal would probably take him in January and play him up front giving us a big profit and Mr Gerrard could buy Morales who'd live with being back-up for now due to the step-up career wise. Just thinking aloud here and obviously providing we have the replacements for Cash and Targett in place by then  ;)

Well firstly, because the manager might tell him to.  And secondly, if we play like Liverpool then Watkins in a Mane / Salah type role may suit him perfectly.

Until he improves his finishing I don't see him as being in any position to chuck toys or make demands and I doubt Gerrard will put up with any sulking either.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal