collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa vs Wolves - Post debacle thread  (Read 22257 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Villa vs Wolves - Post debacle thread
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2021, 08:11:12 PM »
Having the misfortune to live in Wolverhampton, Just fuck off.
Feel for you Luke. Those last 10 minute + injury time and final whistle were not comfortable watching the fuckers going mental.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2021, 08:12:44 PM »

Fuck..I sympathise with you.
Yes and today made it a lot worse, I think the mustard 4 fingered orcs enjoyed their day at Villa Park.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2021, 08:12:54 PM »
Feel for you Luke. Those last 10 minute + injury time and final whistle were not comfortable watching the fuckers going mental.

My only tiny bit of salvation, is that my best mate left when they were 2-0 down.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2021, 08:13:12 PM »
Dean Smith’s excuses were fucking astonishingly stupid.

He said it was a failure of game management. By the players.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2021, 08:13:47 PM »
4 pints of San Mig hasn’t numbed the pain. Still utterly bewildered .

Online john2710

« Reply #140 on: October 16, 2021, 08:16:16 PM »
For 80 mins we were sloppy & they were worse. We were fortunate to be 2 up. Once they scored we went to pieces. We just didn't deal with the second ball in that final 15 mins & failed to clear the ball.

With 5 at the back & no wingers we lack fluidity & ability to get the ball forward. Full backs aren't good enough to be wing backs. Ings & Watkins isn't working.

There's not much wrong that wouldn't be fixed with Bailey & a formation change. I think Dean will be starting to worry, it won't take much for people to turn on him.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2021, 08:17:22 PM »
For me this is on the players not the manager.

People criticising the formation but we were 2-0 up and cruising.

Substitutiions : Luis off for Nakamba - plenty of times on here Smith been caned for leaving tired players on the pitch.
Buendia for Ramsey - aim was to shore it up at 2-0. If he hadn't done this people would have asked why he didnt. Personally I'd have left Buendia on but this sub isn't why the defence fell apart in the last 10 minutes.
Cash off - he was injured. Yes he could have put Hause on but plenty of comments after the last game he played that he should never play again at this level. Major revisionism at work.

We had enough warnings when we tried to play out from our own box and gave the ball away. Piss poor defending from the set pieces cost us - thats not a management issue, thats the players - including one England international and one who many people think should be.

Ramsey fouling Traore on the edge of the box at the end was blind panic - but the foul should have been made 20 yards further back, by players that should have known to do that.

For me this is on the players and they need to take a long look at themselves.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2021, 08:18:48 PM »

I wont be going down town tomorrow lunch time as the dog heads will only wind me up so a walk in the forest will be my afternoon.  I fuckin hate football.

Offline steamer

« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2021, 08:30:21 PM »
For 80 mins we were sloppy & they were worse. We were fortunate to be 2 up. Once they scored we went to pieces. We just didn't deal with the second ball in that final 15 mins & failed to clear the ball.

With 5 at the back & no wingers we lack fluidity & ability to get the ball forward. Full backs aren't good enough to be wing backs. Ings & Watkins isn't working.

There's not much wrong that wouldn't be fixed with Bailey & a formation change. I think Dean will be starting to worry, it won't take much for people to turn on him.

Agree with this

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2021, 08:33:41 PM »

Agree with this
exactly how I saw it.
We have some tricky fixtures starting at Arsenal, lose that and Smith will be under a lot of pressure.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2021, 08:39:51 PM »
I'd have sacked Smith out of blind fury for that if I'd have been NSWE. A totally shambolic and disjointed affair entirely of his creation.

Beyond unacceptable.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2021, 08:42:32 PM »
I'd have sacked Smith out of blind fury for that if I'd have been NSWE. A totally shambolic and disjointed affair entirely of his creation.

Beyond unacceptable.

I've said this before, you're a poster I generally consider balanced and reasoned. For that reason, I'd be interested to hear which of Smith's decisions you were unhappy with at the time he made them?

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2021, 08:45:05 PM »
As pissed off as I am, I’d say that I thought we looked pretty comfortable until Doug and Emi had to come off, Traore aside they’d looked utterly toothless. To then not see the game out is majorly on the players in my view. My only criticism of Dean was Young coming on and not Hause.

Overall 3-5-2 just isn’t doing it for me, and as the system means wingbacks are vitally important I don’t think Targett is good enough though Cash shows promise.

Oh well, we go again…..

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2021, 08:46:15 PM »
The decision to persist with Tuanzebe, despite him being Wolves most creative outlet from open play.

The decision to persist with Mings, despite him being atrocious at Spurs and equally as dead between the ears today. I feel for Hause.

The decision to make a sub before a corner, given our spectacularly ameutrish defending at the 2nd phase from a set piece 5 minutes before.

The decision to persist with a stifling 532 at home to rank mid table garbage.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2021, 08:47:51 PM »
We still haven't fielded a full-strength team some 2 plus months into the season. These f*****g injuries and International breaks are doing my head in. We need Bailey fit asap. Mind you, we were sloppy with our ball control and poor passing on too many occasions today. You simply can't do that at this top level without getting punished.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal