collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Have you ever won the league?  (Read 6018 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Have you ever won the league?
« on: September 16, 2021, 08:37:06 PM »

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: Have you ever won the league?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 09:28:14 PM »
Don’t worry 💯. We will never be an outstanding success we’re Villa.   Whenever we look like doing something we get kicked down   VTID

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 10:00:18 PM »
Great piece, but I do.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 10:07:42 PM »
Enjoyed that.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 10:10:22 PM »
I agree with the sentiment, certainly don't want to end up like Man City. Leicester on the other hand..

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 10:25:21 PM »
Can't agree with it, to be honest. Sounds like when Small Heath fans, after yet another defeat, pat themselves on the back and come out with a load of nonsense about being "real fans" so they're the real winners.

I don't want clubs I still consider our inferiors to continue to be able to look down on us, as they've done for most of this century. Just as Arsenal fans are now in a constant rage, I want to break the tiny hearts of Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City fans by taking all their trophies and all their glory.

Fuck the fuckers.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 10:52:43 PM »
I agree to a degree, but you have to be careful what you wish for. Set the bar lower, and you could end up being happy to be at the top of the championship because it means winning more games.

My experience of Man City fans before their team became good was very different. The ones I knew seemed to have a chip on their shoulder about Man United because they were more successful, and claimed to be the only 'real' club in Manchester etc.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 11:58:16 PM »
I want league titles and trophies for Aston Villa and I want the club to be number one -  if that means plastic fans jumping on board, so be it.  What I don't want is for us to achieve our success in the way Man City have gone about things, though, that would be pretty awful and grow stale after a couple of years.  The George Graham/Arsene Wenger kind of success is what I crave.  We need a David Dein overseeing a grand plan.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 12:20:47 AM »
We've won 1 League and 1 FA Cup in the last 100 years. I'll take my chances with us having a bit more success than that even if it means a few more day trippers at Villa Park.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 09:22:10 AM »
just a bit of success would be nice

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 09:30:13 AM »
The article makes some incorrect assumptions anyway. Manchester City are about average for the number of local fans, with something like 55% coming from the NW. About twice as many as their neighbours, and a higher percentage of local fans than any of the big London teams, and more than Everton, surprisingly. As a comparison, we're about 70%, lower than the likes of Southampton, Norwich and Palace etc, as you'd expect.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 09:30:52 AM »
The article makes some incorrect assumptions anyway. Manchester City are about average for number of local fans, with something 55% coming from the NW. ABout twice as many as their neighbours, and a higher percentage of local fans than any of the big London teams, and more than Everton, surprisingly. As a comparison, we're about 70%, lower than the likes of Southampton, Norwich and Palace etc, as you'd expect.

Where do these figures come from?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 09:33:18 AM »
The article makes some incorrect assumptions anyway. Manchester City are about average for number of local fans, with something 55% coming from the NW. ABout twice as many as their neighbours, and a higher percentage of local fans than any of the big London teams, and more than Everton, surprisingly. As a comparison, we're about 70%, lower than the likes of Southampton, Norwich and Palace etc, as you'd expect.

Where do these figures come from?

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2016/02/18/liverpool-man-utd-least-local-teams-prem

A few years out of date, but with Covid etc I don't think they'll have changed too much.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 09:56:07 AM »
Ta. Including South West fans as part of our "local" support is a bit of an odd survey choice.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 10:04:07 AM »
Its a good subject and having thought more about it. Not losing to Man fkin Utd every time would be a great start. We have had a bit of success against the Sky 6 over the last couple of years but still think we go into those matches with fear.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal