collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Barrow vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 8599 times)

Offline sid1964

Re: Barrow vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2021, 06:50:53 AM »
I thought Bidace was selfish at times when he was looking to score a goal instead he should have passed the ball to another player

Chuck did well on the occasions he had the ball, Archer took his goals well (especially the 2nd) but will need to work on his hold up play as a forward

It will be interesting to see how their careers progress - personally I think only Chuck has a long term future with us, the rest will make a decent living in the Championship or Division 1

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2021, 07:20:23 AM »
Have you watched a lot of their careers to date?

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2021, 07:22:05 AM »
That’s the spirit Sid.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2021, 07:39:44 AM »
I think I'm right in saying Cam has the honour of being the first player, born this century, to score for Villa.

Both he and Louie Barry were born after I started working....

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2021, 07:58:47 AM »
I suspect the phones will be going bonkers in the morning with clubs desperate to get a few of our youngsters on loan off the back of that performance, every single one of them played well and looked too good for league 2.

I’ll be really interested to see who Dean decides to keep around the first team, and who goes out on loan, because I’d be happy seeing all of them on the bench in the premier league!

I think the ones going out on loan have gone now, this lot are the ones staying around - Chuck, JPB and JJRamsey are the 1st team squad earmarks for this season and the others in the U23s.  I'll say this though, Aaron Ramsey to me looked the best of the lot, he made ground with a dribble or drew a clattering every time he got the ball in tight situations.  Reminded me of that greasy diving twat we used to have.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2021, 07:59:59 AM »
And, props to El Ghazi and Hourihane - exceptional leadership and gave the young 'uns the platform to play on.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2021, 08:29:02 AM »
And, props to El Ghazi and Hourihane - exceptional leadership and gave the young 'uns the platform to play on.

Yep they were excellent, set very good examples.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2021, 08:33:20 AM »
Absolutely superb performance by the youngsters. really enjoyed watching that.

Good to see Hourihane captain the Team. Great player for the Cups and worth keeping   

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2021, 09:07:29 AM »
But we might get knocked out in the next round? I think CH is best served moving on if at all possible for the benefit of his career.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2021, 09:18:24 AM »
It's always a biased world when it comes to football headlines. Skys sports News are headlining our win and raving about Cameron's hattrick  and almost nothing about Norwich's 6-0 win. I am sure if Manure of Shitty had won 6-0 last night they wouldn't even mention us.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2021, 09:19:42 AM »
But we might get knocked out in the next round? I think CH is best served moving on if at all possible for the benefit of his career.
Yes but....his wages would be an issue so it is likely he will see out his contract here.

Online ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2021, 09:26:17 AM »
Grealish was not a walk up starter he went out on loan. It's impossible at this stage to say how good they will be, the step up to the firsts is massive and for some they need time to adjust to the speed, with luck one or two will be very good players for us.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2021, 09:33:22 AM »
I thought Bidace was selfish at times when he was looking to score a goal instead he should have passed the ball to another player

Chuck did well on the occasions he had the ball, Archer took his goals well (especially the 2nd) but will need to work on his hold up play as a forward

It will be interesting to see how their careers progress - personally I think only Chuck has a long term future with us, the rest will make a decent living in the Championship or Division 1

Good to see you enjoying the moment 🤣🤣🤣

Obviously not everyone will make it at Villa but at this point you have to say Chukwuemeka, Philagene-Bidace, Ramsey x 2, Barry, Kessler, Archer after the brilliant kick start to his Villa career last night & Young have made a case to a future here.  Personally on what seen so far Chrisene is the one who actually excites me the most.  The future is in their own hands, if they get loan or first team opportunities they have to take them & more importantly they need the right people behind them advising them on their career path not the £’s.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2021, 09:39:39 AM »
I think I'm right in saying Cam has the honour of being the first player, born this century, to score for Villa.

Both he and Louie Barry were born after I started working....

If that makes you feel old just wait until players were born after you had retired. :-[

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2021, 10:34:25 AM »
Cracking trip yesterday, nice compact little ground, great surface to play football on and nice weather and a lovely sunset to admire.

It was a thoroughly professional performance last night with the more experienced bunch in defence and  midfield with some young bucks thrown in for good measure. We passed the ball crisply and for the most part accurately. Scores on the doors:

Steer - 7 not much to do but one mishandled up and under aside comfortable.
Guilbert - 7 seems to be the forgotten man, his passing and play in the first half was sloppy but picked up second half and was better until there no 3 decided he’d try to kick him into next week.
Tuanzebe - 7 dealt well with a tricky player but looked a bit suspect under the high ball. Overall though passed it well.
Hause - 7 commanding and dealt with most things comfortably enough.
Targett - 7 obviously coming back to fitness but a solid performance
Nakamba - 6 great hustle bustle and tackling but really not at the races when it comes to creative passing and progression. Tidy enough.
Hourihane - 7.5 very good last night, combative and creative.
JPB - 7.5 very good, the pass for Archers third was “chefs kiss”.
Chukwemeka Minor - 6.5 I felt he was a bit quiet first half and was being marked tightly by their DM so didn’t from my vantage seem to do too much. Seemed to up it in the 2nd half and was more influential. Lovely footwork. Could have been my vantage point though, may have seemed more involved on the telly.
El Ghazi - 8 - played well and caused problems all night.
Archer - 8.5 MOTM. Hatrick, incisive, chased lost causes, running off the ball, hold up play was good despite playing against usual clogging league 2 players. Very very impressed.

Subs
Linley - 7 looked composed and comfortable with an eye for a pass.
Chukwemeka Major - 7 pleasantly surprised at how good he was, turn of pace, good control and not afraid of the physical stuff.
Ramsey Minor - 7 lovely touch and passing range and vision.

Smith 8 - spot on

Top night out and bring on the 3rd round.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal