collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:52:38 PM]

Ollie Watkins by eamonn
[Today at 01:52:28 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:50:16 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Dave
[Today at 01:49:10 PM]

NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 01:47:33 PM]

The Running thread by Richard E
[Today at 01:42:41 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by dalians umbrella
[Today at 01:37:23 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Mister E
[Today at 01:29:15 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:52:38 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by eamonn
[Today at 01:52:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:50:16 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Dave
[Today at 01:49:10 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by eamonn
[Today at 01:48:07 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 01:47:33 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Olneythelonely
[Today at 01:47:05 PM]

Re: The Running thread by Richard E
[Today at 01:42:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle Utd - post match thread  (Read 17546 times)

Offline sid1964

Re: Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle Utd - post match thread
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2021, 06:59:20 AM »
Poor game with 2 very average teams, the highlight was the Ings goal but apart from that and the Penalty, I don,t think we had many other shots on target

We will do well to finish higher than 11th this season based on our 2 performances so far this season

Newcastle will do well to avoid relegation

Offline The Fish

« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2021, 09:03:01 AM »
Howay lads, take him back. It's not funny any more. Bruce even sounds like a name that should be said in a West Midlands accent, not a Geordie one.

No surprise he's trying to misdirect and moan about decisions, but we weren't good enough. Could it have been a penalty? Yeah, maybe, the offside was marginal I guess. Was it a handball? Yes, maybe, I dunno any more.

But none of that matters because we just weren't good enough. Not a single shot on target. We looked knackered after about 15 minutes.

Still, there's 108pts to play for and we'll only need about 40. Norwich look like they're just happy to be here, so there's one spot. After that it'll be 2 from Burnley, Brighton, Palace, Southampton, Watford, Wolves (maybe?) and Newcastle.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2021, 09:11:24 AM »
Why does this thread get booted-off the main forum so quickly? No one really goes into Match Thread & Player Ratings...

Anyway, haven't seen anyone mention it but was there a special tannoy announcement for the returning Ashley Young or any crowd/Ashley love-reciprocation etc. ?
It's been 10 years, let's show some emotion...

Nothing special. Just a little nod as team was being announced and there was no crowd love in either.

It felt odd in a nice way encouraging Ashley to get the ball in. Like I'd gone back in time.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2021, 09:14:10 AM »
Howay lads, take him back. It's not funny any more. Bruce even sounds like a name that should be said in a West Midlands accent, not a Geordie one.

No surprise he's trying to misdirect and moan about decisions, but we weren't good enough. Could it have been a penalty? Yeah, maybe, the offside was marginal I guess. Was it a handball? Yes, maybe, I dunno any more.

But none of that matters because we just weren't good enough. Not a single shot on target. We looked knackered after about 15 minutes.

Still, there's 108pts to play for and we'll only need about 40. Norwich look like they're just happy to be here, so there's one spot. After that it'll be 2 from Burnley, Brighton, Palace, Southampton, Watford, Wolves (maybe?) and Newcastle.

Hard to judge with Norwich given they have probably played the top two. Difficult for us to gauge at the moment who we will be competing with. Agreed that you look like you will struggle. We didn't play well at the weekend really but it was a relatively straightforward win.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2021, 09:21:54 AM »
Why does this thread get booted-off the main forum so quickly? No one really goes into Match Thread & Player Ratings...

Anyway, haven't seen anyone mention it but was there a special tannoy announcement for the returning Ashley Young or any crowd/Ashley love-reciprocation etc. ?
It's been 10 years, let's show some emotion...

Nothing special. Just a little nod as team was being announced and there was no crowd love in either.

It felt odd in a nice way encouraging Ashley to get the ball in. Like I'd gone back in time.

Me and another bloke shouted "skin him Ash!" almost in unison at one point as he approached a defender on the edge of the penalty area.
After just two games he looks like a very astute signing and the love will come back but he did sign for Newton Heath so it will take time.

Offline The Fish

« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2021, 09:41:18 AM »
Hard to judge with Norwich given they have probably played the top two. Difficult for us to gauge at the moment who we will be competing with. Agreed that you look like you will struggle. We didn't play well at the weekend really but it was a relatively straightforward win.
Aye, they've played the top two, but they've not really strengthened and their DoF says they're happy to be one of the top 24 teams. Seems like they're fairly content to Yo-Yo for the foreseeable.

I think we should be fine. We've good 'keepers, and decent attackers, the defenders are... adequate. The issue isn't with the first 11. It's the manager and the lack of depth.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2021, 04:02:08 PM »
I would have thought that Chelsea are favourites to finish ahead of Liverpool and Citeh.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2021, 01:42:15 AM »
Again, Ramsey's ability to transfer the ball quickly made a difference. Whenever we move the ball quickly, we play better and JJ makes this happen. His greater physical strength and willingness to take the ball on his left foot is also noted.

Lucky win, what with the wet rain and everything...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal