collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Austin MacPhee  (Read 57238 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Austin MacPhee
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2021, 01:52:30 PM »
I was sat behind the dugouts on Saturday, and it was really noticeable the difference in styles between Smith and his coaches; and OGS and his. Smith was on his feet the whole time, talking to the coaches and they were constantly giving the players instructions, including a handwritten note given to McGinn at one point, which he then tore up and scattered on the Old Trafford pitch. OGS on the other hand was sat down with his head in his hands next to Carrick for most of the match, rarely seeming to do anything at all.

Solskjaer seemed to be getting angrier and redder but did nothing about it, apart from at one point storming down to the touchline to help one of the subs put his boots on and roll his sleeves up. Reminded me of someone less exotic, especially with that post-match excuse list.

I was thinking the same, they just have a more aesthetically pleasing Bruce in charge.

John Merrick?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2021, 01:59:14 PM »
I was sat behind the dugouts on Saturday, and it was really noticeable the difference in styles between Smith and his coaches; and OGS and his. Smith was on his feet the whole time, talking to the coaches and they were constantly giving the players instructions, including a handwritten note given to McGinn at one point, which he then tore up and scattered on the Old Trafford pitch. OGS on the other hand was sat down with his head in his hands next to Carrick for most of the match, rarely seeming to do anything at all.

Solskjaer seemed to be getting angrier and redder but did nothing about it, apart from at one point storming down to the touchline to help one of the subs put his boots on and roll his sleeves up. Reminded me of someone less exotic, especially with that post-match excuse list.

Garth Crooks on the Beeb website......

As for Solskjaer whinging about an infringement by Ollie Watkins on David de Gea for the goal, I have never heard such tosh

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2021, 02:13:24 PM »
I’ve just seen the last man Maguire pull down of McGinn utterly shocking, no VAR?! !

https://twitter.com/avfc_vilr/status/1441819792604864512?s=21

And they moan about that non-infringement ha!

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2021, 02:41:48 PM »
It's also shite defending by slabhead, something he's very prone to. I'd have Mings over him any day of the week.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2021, 03:32:20 PM »
He also looks like he's in a Chilli Peppers tribute band.

When you think, every corner we used to give it away, give it away, give it away now!

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2021, 06:26:07 PM »
He also looks like he's in a Chilli Peppers tribute band.

When you think, every corner we used to give it away, give it away, give it away now!

Boom boom!

Offline KRS

« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2021, 06:36:44 PM »
I’ve just seen the last man Maguire pull down of McGinn utterly shocking, no VAR?! !

https://twitter.com/avfc_vilr/status/1441819792604864512?s=21

And they moan about that non-infringement ha!
First time I’ve seen that. What happened next? Did Maguire get booked or was it just a freekick…or neither?

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2021, 06:40:23 PM »
What do you reckon happened? I bet you have the right answer.

Offline KRS

« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2021, 07:07:51 PM »
It looked like a foul was going to be given by the way the defenders slowed down, but my educated guess is the ball ran through to De Gea and they just played on?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2021, 07:50:13 PM »
It looked like a foul was going to be given by the way the defenders slowed down, but my educated guess is the ball ran through to De Gea and they just played on?

They discussed it on Ref Watch this morning - all they spoke about was whether it was a red or yellow card. Not one of the fuckers pointed out the irrelevance of the discussion given we didn’t even get a bastard free-kick.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2021, 08:55:41 PM »

They discussed it on Ref Watch this morning - all they spoke about was whether it was a red or yellow card. Not one of the fuckers pointed out the irrelevance of the discussion given we didn’t even get a bastard free-kick.

Interesting because the co-commentator on Saturday said that De Gea would have got to the ball first, justifying the lack of any sort of card, free kick or VAR check.  Both Watkins and SJM were clean though.  SJM to Watkins for a simple tap in. De Gea was stuck on his line dithering at the prospect of having to take on John McGinn.  Shocking refereeing, total knobshite Mike Dean.  Crap referee.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2021, 09:29:18 PM »
A small observation but before Smith and during the preceding 5-10 years appointing a set piece coach such as MacPhee would’ve made minimal difference.  Marginal gains such as this can only really work once the team already has a structure and organised base to build from.

Another reason to give smith credit.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2021, 08:45:52 AM »

Interesting because the co-commentator on Saturday said that De Gea would have got to the ball first, justifying the lack of any sort of card, free kick or VAR check.  Both Watkins and SJM were clean though.  SJM to Watkins for a simple tap in. De Gea was stuck on his line dithering at the prospect of having to take on John McGinn.  Shocking refereeing, total knobshite Mike Dean.  Crap referee.

I think De Gea would have got to it first, although probably having to deal with it outside the box under pressure. But was still a very professional foul from Slabhead who didn't know anything about the ball path, defenders behind or keepers readiness and pretty much right in front of the ref. 

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2021, 08:55:25 AM »

I think De Gea would have got to it first, although probably having to deal with it outside the box under pressure. But was still a very professional foul from Slabhead who didn't know anything about the ball path, defenders behind or keepers readiness and pretty much right in front of the ref. 

It was such a shite decision that Mike even had to wave play on when slabhead dived for a penalty from a corner shortly after the rugby tackle.  He knew from McGinns reaction he'd got a really obvious professional foul badly wrong.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2021, 09:16:27 AM »
A small observation but before Smith and during the preceding 5-10 years appointing a set piece coach such as MacPhee would’ve made minimal difference.  Marginal gains such as this can only really work once the team already has a structure and organised base to build from.
I'm not sure about that.  I would have thought improving set pieces (both attacking and defending) with a potenial 5-10 goal swing in a season would improve any team, whatever lever they're playing at.   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal