collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leon Bailey - signed  (Read 308976 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Leon Bailey - signed
« Reply #1380 on: July 26, 2022, 08:35:59 AM »
There's absolutely loads of people writing him off for his talent in this thread, just go back to end of April.

It's maybe better to wait until he does actually prove himself in the Premier League before getting too defensive about him.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1381 on: July 26, 2022, 08:38:36 AM »
Well, no. Even if he turns out to be shit it was still mental to write him off after about half a dozen full games. But it was more the indignant anger of people desperate to blame him for being injured that pissed me off.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1382 on: July 26, 2022, 08:42:31 AM »
Seems like an odd hill to die on CD?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1383 on: July 26, 2022, 08:56:48 AM »
Bailey deserves credit for the way he has approached pre-season.  I know it's what he's paid very well to do but a lot of players retreat into their shell when it hasn't been going well.  He's come out swinging and I like it.

Online boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1384 on: July 26, 2022, 09:57:13 AM »
Bailey deserves credit for the way he has approached pre-season.  I know it's what he's paid very well to do but a lot of players retreat into their shell when it hasn't been going well.  He's come out swinging and I like it.

It's exactly what he wasn't able to do last year. He didn't get any pre-season matches last season, and had very little time to adapt - then there were the injuries, which may have been a result of the rushed pre-season. Our squad in general didn't really get much chance at all to gel considering the upheaval, and that probably affected Bailey more than anybody. Games postponed, covid isolation, players coming back from tournaments at different points and then what felt like an international break every few matches. It was a mess - and a largely unavoidable one. It wasn't the summer to completely change the way we play, but we had to. And we failed, largely.

This summer has been the opposite. We've got a lot of business done early, the players have had plenty of time with each other and we've been able to experiment with plenty of different setups. We are probably a major signing or two off being a really good side, but what we have should make us much more competitive than we were last year - just a settled pre-season alone should help in that regard.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1385 on: July 26, 2022, 09:59:38 AM »

He absolutely does and based on what we've seen, deserves a start.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1386 on: July 26, 2022, 10:23:34 AM »
There's absolutely loads of people writing him off for his talent in this thread, just go back to end of April.

It's maybe better to wait until he does actually prove himself in the Premier League before getting too defensive about him.

By the same token, it's sometimes a good idea to give players a chance to settle. Too many fans write players far too quickly, don't they?

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1387 on: July 26, 2022, 04:30:00 PM »
What are we supposed to do when watching players just lie about their performance
This writing off players is a load of bollocks no one does it really we just tell the truth when someone’s not playing well

When Buendia first came he looked off the pace no touch and he was a bit rubbish for what was at that time our record signing we quite rightly felt a bit deflated, that’s the truth it’s not writing him off it’s just telling the truth
Everyone wanted him to up his game and start performing like the player we thought we’d signed which he did and has done he is now one of the best in the squad
Still doesn’t change the fact he took a while to settle in and while he did he wasn’t looking very good, that’s it There’s no point in being scared to say it it’s a bloody football forum

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1388 on: July 26, 2022, 04:48:20 PM »
Yeah but quite a few saw that Buendia was quality from the off. I was quite surprised that some were saying he’s shit after a few games when he quite clearly wasn’t.

Offline Moonraker

• GM : 22.10.2022
« Reply #1389 on: July 26, 2022, 04:52:55 PM »
You shouldnt have been surprised Ian if you had been following the Tyrone Mings thread. Opinion changes every game.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1390 on: July 26, 2022, 05:03:04 PM »
Bailey showed very little throughout last season to suggest he would cut it in this League (like Sancho).
If having this pre-season makes him the player many thought he was, happy days.

To be entirely open, I expressed serious doubts about him ... and I hope I'm wrong .

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #1391 on: July 26, 2022, 05:19:42 PM »
Just support the guy, jesus wept. We signed him 10 days before our first match last year - not exactly a great way to get him ingrained in the club.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1392 on: July 26, 2022, 06:49:19 PM »
Just support the guy, jesus wept. We signed him 10 days before our first match last year - not exactly a great way to get him ingrained in the club.
I think people are.  No need for the better fan than yow lecture.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #1393 on: July 26, 2022, 06:51:01 PM »
I think people are.  No need for the better fan than yow lecture.

::) okay buddy

Online rooboy316

• GM : 27.09.2024
« Reply #1394 on: July 27, 2022, 11:41:42 AM »
There’s a big difference between “he looks shit (currently)” and “he is shit (and always will be)”.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal