collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leon Bailey - signed  (Read 308876 times)

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Leon Bailey - signed
« Reply #1245 on: May 03, 2022, 12:41:17 AM »
Can only watch him on the box but i get the impression he's not as speedy as we thought he would be.

He was like a rocket for his goal against Everton. I think he has the classic sign of a guy that lacks confidence in his acceleration in case he breaks down again. He has been a huge flop no doubt but can still turn things around with a serious pre season behind him. His back story on how he got to this level suggests he's a very resilient sort. If he is willing to put the graft in this summer, there could still be a role for him.

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1246 on: May 03, 2022, 07:09:34 AM »
I think he has the classic sign of a guy that lacks confidence in his acceleration in case he breaks down again.

So he goes that big slower and takes it a bit easier……and still breaks down.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1247 on: May 03, 2022, 10:50:56 AM »
Can only watch him on the box but i get the impression he's not as speedy as we thought he would be.

He was like a rocket for his goal against Everton. I think he has the classic sign of a guy that lacks confidence in his acceleration in case he breaks down again. He has been a huge flop no doubt but can still turn things around with a serious pre season behind him. His back story on how he got to this level suggests he's a very resilient sort. If he is willing to put the graft in this summer, there could still be a role for him.

He's not been 'a huge flop' at all; he's had a serious injury, then broke down again when he came back in.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1248 on: May 03, 2022, 12:07:33 PM »
I have seen flashes but nothing of note since that game against Everton. The problem with very fast players is that hamstrings and groins can go very easily

A full pre season will do him the world of good and i certainly would not bin him yet

Luiz / McGinn / and a good few others should be sold first

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #1249 on: May 03, 2022, 01:06:41 PM »

He's not been 'a huge flop' at all; he's had a serious injury, then broke down again when he came back in.

15 minutes against Everton in an entire season is not a flop? 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1250 on: May 03, 2022, 01:11:56 PM »
I think we're drifting into semantics a bit. The signing obvioulsy just hasn't worked out so far for various reasons. Whether it will in the future remains to be seen.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #1251 on: May 03, 2022, 03:51:32 PM »

As sturdy and reliable as a Sinclair C5.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1252 on: May 03, 2022, 04:03:02 PM »
There is a player there. Forget the remaining games now, a good preseason and get him back fully fit and raring to go.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1253 on: May 03, 2022, 06:40:21 PM »
Hope so. Some people seem to actively hate a player for having the temerity to be unlucky with injuries. Bizarre.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1254 on: May 03, 2022, 07:11:09 PM »
We can't afford to write off £30m. A long and hard summer on his fitness is a must.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1255 on: May 03, 2022, 09:18:14 PM »
It looks to me like a lack of self confidence being compounded by having had a really tough time with injuries and, when he does get a run out, feeling the extra pressure of having to deliver.

We can just take £30m and piss it away so easily, he needs a decent pre season and a fresh start.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1256 on: May 04, 2022, 10:12:58 AM »
It looks to me like a lack of self confidence being compounded by having had a really tough time with injuries and, when he does get a run out, feeling the extra pressure of having to deliver.

We can just take £30m and piss it away so easily, he needs a decent pre season and a fresh start.

Agreed. When we signed him fans of other clubs who watch the Bundesliga were asking how we'd managed to get him and at a reasonable fee so there's clearly a player there plus he can play either side.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1257 on: May 04, 2022, 11:34:51 AM »

Exactly. The money just exacerbates the point, but the disruption Bailey has experienced is clearly going to have impacted his ability to perform on the pitch. I think there’s real talent there and hopefully he’ll have a stable preseason and start performing to his potential.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1258 on: May 25, 2022, 12:46:23 PM »
I see Leon has jetted off on holidays on a private jet judging from his IG post a day or so ago. Now I don't begrudge anyone having a break and getting away from it all but has Leon played 90 minutes this season? 60 even? 45 anyone?

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1259 on: May 25, 2022, 12:48:36 PM »
No idea but I guess if the squad are released should he not be able to go on holiday because he’s had injury problems?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal