collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leon Bailey - signed  (Read 316311 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Leon Bailey - signed
« Reply #870 on: October 29, 2021, 04:48:22 PM »
Dean Smith  said
"We’re having to manage him carefully. He came here with no pre-season and an injury from playing international football. "He got injured in the Everton game and we had to wrap him up in cotton wool, so to speak he got a good 45 minutes against Arsenal and he needed that. He was blowing but he’s had a good week’s training. We’ll assess tomorrow whether he’s ready to start or not."

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #871 on: November 05, 2021, 09:13:50 AM »
Hope he has a stormer tonight as im off to Jamaica on Wednesday  8)

Might just get a named shirt if i he does  ;)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #872 on: November 05, 2021, 10:11:33 AM »
He looked no where near fit Sunday and was playing within himself.
Hope he is ready tonight.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #873 on: November 05, 2021, 11:10:06 AM »
C'mon Leon. We've seen enough false Dawn's. Let's see you rock St Mary's tonight. Please have a stormer.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #874 on: November 05, 2021, 12:53:42 PM »
I was singularly unimpressed with Bailey last week, until I reflected that he had received no decent ball, seemed to have been told to stay out wide (where it was very easy to be marked) and nothing for him to show his pace and close control on the move. I hope he's given more licence this evening to roam and find the space where his pace can really damage Sourhampton.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #875 on: November 05, 2021, 12:56:02 PM »
I thought he wasn't fit either. Baffling Smith selected him if so and not for the first time this season.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #876 on: November 05, 2021, 01:02:30 PM »
You can tell he's got the attributes needed at this level, in pace, skill, and an eye for goal. I'm much more certain that he'll come good than Buendia for instance. At the moment though, he's looking a bit like Bolasie, in that he's a very skilful player in a team that looks they don't know how to get the best out of him.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #877 on: November 05, 2021, 01:25:03 PM »
You can tell he's got the attributes needed at this level, in pace, skill, and an eye for goal. I'm much more certain that he'll come good than Buendia for instance. At the moment though, he's looking a bit like Bolasie, in that he's a very skilful player in a team that looks they don't know how to get the best out of him.

I get the comparison but it needs to be said that for Bolasie beating his man and creating space was the end goal, after that his entire career was a crap shoot, which is why he never broke beyond being a talented maverick. Bailey has end product on top in spades from what I've seen.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #878 on: November 05, 2021, 01:32:29 PM »
Yeah I have no worries about Bailey making the grade.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #879 on: November 05, 2021, 04:45:00 PM »

I get the comparison but it needs to be said that for Bolasie beating his man and creating space was the end goal, after that his entire career was a crap shoot, which is why he never broke beyond being a talented maverick. Bailey has end product on top in spades from what I've seen.

Are you sure you're not getting mixed up with Tonev?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #880 on: November 05, 2021, 05:23:13 PM »

Tonev - entire career was/is crap shooting.
Bolasie - Entire career was/is a roll of the dice (crap-shoot).

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #881 on: November 05, 2021, 06:38:16 PM »

Tonev - entire career was/is crap shooting.
Bolasie - Entire career was/is a roll of the dice (crap-shoot).

A Tonev shot spotted outside of the International Space station in 2014

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #882 on: November 05, 2021, 06:45:13 PM »
You're not going to get the best out of him if you spend the weeks training sessions on him attempting to launch long throw's.

Still can't get my head around how they managed to concoct that shit up.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #883 on: November 05, 2021, 08:44:13 PM »
He doesn’t like tracking back, does he? 😳

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #884 on: November 05, 2021, 08:49:50 PM »
He looks poor tonight but the system and tactics have not helped at all

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal